Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Feeling Rejected? Read This.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Feeling Rejected? Read This. Empty
PostSubject: Feeling Rejected? Read This.   Feeling Rejected? Read This. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm

If you don't do a single other thing the rest of the day, don't fail to call up www.criminalbrief.com and check out Wondermark, a modern-day comic strip shown on Rob Lopresti's column for today. Wondermark is the work of a man named David Malki. The first panel shows a writer who appears to be back in the 19th century leaning over talking to his wife seated at a table. Because I'm trying to acquaint people with his strip, I don't beleive David will mind if I quote the first panel. The writer says, "So, you know that magnet on the fridge where I put all my rejection letters? It fell off. It couldn't take the crippling weight of my failure."

Priceless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Rejected? Read This.   Feeling Rejected? Read This. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Thanks, Dick. I needed that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Rejected? Read This.   Feeling Rejected? Read This. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:25 pm

Dear Dick,
As you may remember, I have been re-reading my Agatha Christie books of which I have all. The current one is called Cards On The Table. I had a smile when I read the following from the character Mrs. Oliver whose character is a mystery writer.

" Oh," said Rhonda, a little taken aback. "Because it must. It must be wonderful just to sit down and write off a whole book."
"It doesn't happen exactly like that," said Mrs. Oliver. "One actually has to think, you know. And thinking is always a bore. And you have to plan things. And then one gets stuck every now and then, and you feel you'll never get out of the mess -- but you do! Writing's not particularly enjoyable. It's hard work, like everything else.
"It doesn't seem like work," said Rhoda.
"Not to you," said Mrs. Oliver, "because you don't have to do it! It feels very like work to me. Some days I can only keep going by repeating over and over to myself the amount of money I mignt get for my next serial rights...."

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Rejected? Read This.   Feeling Rejected? Read This. Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling Rejected? Read This.
Page 1 of 1