Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

TRUMP?

Go down 
+6
Don Stephens
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
joefrank
alice
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:16 am

Yes Joe, she was/is evil.  The difference is that she was intelligent.  The stupidity of Trump is known worldwide and reflects on our country.   I can't find one good thing to say about him.  I fear for not only for the safety of our country, but the world.  Just knowing that he has access to the nuclear button is terrifying.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 11:38 am

For sure, Joe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 6:44 am

Can Trump read?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGuJlTVXfw
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Apparently, he chooses not to.  He is addicted to cable television and the Twitter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:24 am

Not much activity on this forum, but there is much activity and comments concerning Trump on FB.  I try to avoid talking with anyone where I live about politics.  It is embarrasing to be identified as an American. I thought GWB was the worst until the Trump came along.  All the good will re-established by Obama has been shattered.  It appears that most everything President Obama did is being reversed by Trump with his Executive Orders from healthcare to the environment.  Assuming we survive, I hope that with the next election the new President will work to repair the damage being done.  The days of laughing at his incompetence is no longer a laughing matter.  Republicans that seek re-election are also becoming concerned.  Regardless of what political party one supports, we want to believe that our leader is competent and that we can rely/trust him/her.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptySat May 06, 2017 7:45 am

I believe that the American public became less informed as they put away their thinking and let the radio and television talkers and commentators fool them into thinking they were receiving factual information.  Then they used social media to repeat the lies until they appeared true because they were repeated so often. My friends tell me "information" that I heard on FOX the day before - the same words - that I know are not true.

Everybody owns everybody else these days and when you follow the money you get to the agenda that pushes points of view that profit the global, corporate profiteers whether in media or healthcare or manufacturing - it is a global universe with a few powerful conglomerates controlling the information flow.

I believe our government is truly without power.  The old men running it are totally out of touch with reality and rely on their staffers to read and explain to them how they should think and vote.  Our president gets his info from the cable channels and the bloggers.  He communicates with tweets and signing the destructive executive orders that are put in from of him not to accomplish anything new but simply to destroy anything associated with the truly intelligent president, President Obama.

As a nation we suffer as citizens and in the world's eye we are a laughing matter on one side and a nation to be toyed with on the other - a nation to be hated but not a nation to be feared.  We have a pretender as President and I have to turn off the television when he comes on because I'm tired of his repetitious nonsense from a mind that is ill-informed and totally self-serving for himself and his family members.

I have no respect for the Republicans because they tolerate him and act like he has something to offer.  He has nothing.  The longer he is in office the more he shows his ignorance of everything.  How he got through college is a mystery to me....but I know how that happens for a person with money.

I have no problem with "old white men" in government - the ones who read and think for themselves without a staffer at their heels - but there aren't many.  I find it a travesty that our government so poorly represents the actual demographics of the nation and that people with diverse knowledge don't run for office - it's mostly lawyers - so it's no wonder the government is so bound up in regulations designed to prevent law suits rather than accomplish good.

And since it takes wealth to run - the wealthy protect their own and their cushy job.  They don't work.  The staffers do the work.  They just show up a few days.  It's no wonder they don't do town hall meetings - they don't have any answers without a staffer.  The staffers should do the town hall meetings.  Most of those who voted for the current stupid health care debacle - a vote to do something, anything, in the first "100 days" - they didn't even read the bill.  They relied on the same reporters we hear.  If it wasn't so devastating for so many people, it would be a joke.

I'm baaack...............
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptySat May 06, 2017 8:14 am

Thanks DK.  You said things that was hesitant to say and I want you to know that I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptySat May 06, 2017 2:22 pm

No need to be embarrassed for being American, Abe. Europeans consider themselves to have better manners than Americans, whom they consider to be rude and lacking polished social skills. The recent treatment of Ivanka Trump on her visit to Germany showed that Germans are less well-mannered than Americans.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptySun May 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Every culture has its own etiquette.  I remember living in Asia and being embarassed by people swilling down their rice and soups then belching loudly afterward or picking bones out of their teeth.  All three were actually courtesy to let the cook know how wonderful the meal tasted.

At the same time, they were embarassed by Americans and Europeans who gave their guests food in hunks to cut up for themselves, and talked while eating so people across from them could see the food in their mouths.  They also put unimaginable amounts of food on spoons and forks and shoved it in their mouths.

The Asians felt it untidy that Americans and Europeans shook hands and didn't share the much more sanitary business card exchange instead or did both.  The Americans and Europeans also kept their filthy shoes on when entering an Asian home and looked their hosts in the eye instead of honoring the appropriate bowing etiquette.

Americans and Europeans were also cheap with their hostess gifts - flowers or a box of candy - while the Asians brought bejeweled boxes and ornately embroidered cloth depending on the occasion.

Asians also found our food heavy and cause for stomach discomfort yet lacking in variety.  An Asian party had hundreds of small bowls of food variations in soups, meat stocks, colors, spices, tofu varieties, etc. and was never followed by heavy, sweet deserts but rather imported, tropical fruits if the guests were important or local pears if not.

Worse, however, was the waste in the homes of Europeans and Americans, both in space, in the amount of furniture and the stupidity of built in anything that made it impossible to change a room's purpose. 

I am not embarrassed for being American.  I am a proud U.S. citizen because many of my fellow U.S. citizens are honest,  hard-working, well-read and intelligent people who follow a moral compass and have open minds and hearts to the challenges of a changing world.  They are creative, innovative and generous and volunteer and donate for the benefit of all humankind without living ostentatious, self-aggrandizing lives. 

I am saddened by the ilk of Donald Trump, his cronies and those in the 1% who live in their bubbles that are dividing our nation into a two class society and use hate and the tools of divisiveness for their own purposes.

As far as differences between European and American manners, it all depends on the circumstances and the cultural experiences of the people mentioned.  No one has better manners than a former friend of mine raised in Atlanta, Georgia in a historically wealthy family or my own mom raised on a modest farm in Mississippi with a lineage that went back to plantations and large land holdings.  However, it was the genteel folk of the south who owned human flesh and sold it like other possessions.

Thus, genteel manners are not always the mark of quality and manners are often circumstantial.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 12:03 am

Informative post, DK.
There is an old saying:  “When in Rome, do as the Romans.”  Adapting to customs/cultures when visiting is difficult for some while others use common sense or common courtesy.
Then there are occasions when a statement is intended to be made thus overruling common courtesy.  IMV that occurred when Miss Trump visited Germany.  She holds no official position in the US Government yet wanted to be received like some Princess.  German Reporters asked her pointed questions about the policies/actions of her father toward women.  They were still shocked that Trump refused to shake the hand of Merkel when she accepted the invitation to visit the White House.  Being invited is different than just showing up with unreasonable expectations.  Diplomacy is an integral part of dealings between governments.  People in an unofficial capacity are treated differently.  Using influence for private personal gain is not acceptable,
Each culture has its peculiarities.  In the days of the Cold War where Spies were prevalent, Agents could determine a foreign Spy by their actions.  How people crossed their legs or handled a fork and knife was a clue to one’s identity.  Currently with the influx of migrants, cultural habits identify the foreigner even for those who are fluent in the language.  Eventually old habits surface.  Most of us have read Spy novels.  Much of the training they receive is centered on the habits/culture of the country they wish to infiltrate. 

There are other customs that differenciate people even among similar western nations.  The Americans have a plus when it comes to work.  In Germany a career path is expected to be a straight line with an occupation.  In America one can apply for a position and gain acceptance by performance.  That has positive and negative sides to it.  Example: In America, anyone can claim to be a carpenter or painter without certification and do contract work.  That freedom is not possible in Germany where Certification is required to function in a trade.  The “I can do it” attitude of Americans is inhibited in Germany.  I could relate examples of this both in Germany and In America.  I could further relate examples in multiple cultures and how business is conducted.  An entrepreneur requires multiple skills with much flexibility to adapt to changing situations.  That is not possible with some professions where expertise in a particular field is required. 

Whether it is etiquette, common courtesy or diplomacy, there is no straight line.  Being sensitive to the feelings of others with the ability/flexibility to adapt to changing situations is the mark of a professional.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 1:02 am

During her visit to the White House, Angela Merkel invited IvankaTrump to the W20 summit in Berlin. In any country, it is common courtesy not to boo and hiss an invited guest. I'm not talking politics; I'm expressing a view on acceptable behaviour. Jean-Claude Juncker recently attended a dinner in Downing Street. When he spoke to the British press, he said the discussion had been excellent. The morning after the dinner, he leaked information to the German press saying the exact opposite. As an invited guest, he behaved just as badly as those who booed Ivanka Trump.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 7:27 am

I don't disagree with your comments Shelagh and believe that common courtesy should be observed even when one disagrees.  How does one control an audience?  Has freedom of speech and expression gone too far?  Reaction, especially with controversial subjects can be expected. 
As citizens we are subject to criticism based on actions of our government.  I have experienced that in my travels in Canada, Europe and the M.E.  It is futile to try and excuse or defend what others do or say.  We are responsible for our own actions.  Having said that, as parents we can be blamed for the actions of our children.  The tendency to place blame is nothing unusual. 
With politics, animosity for past acts, as with war, is often perpetuated in the home and office affecting attitudes.  We often hear people say, "Let it go" or "Rise above it".  It is easier said than done.  Prejudices may be hidden, but they still exist.  These prejudices are often exposed when reacting to some event.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:33 am

I agree, Abe. I've also been on the receiving end of crowd reaction. Years ago, with my husband, I attended the Olympic Games Sports Science Conference in Eugene, Oregon. One of my husband's colleagues also attended. One afternoon, we saw him at a distance; he called out to us saying that a reunion for ex-Loughborough students had been organised for that evening, so we went along. Neither my husband nor I graduated from Loughborough.

We went along because my husband thought he might know some of those attending, but we had no intention of staying for the organised dinner. Just before announcing dinner, the guy who organised the event asked everyone in attendance to say who they were and the year they graduated. Eventually, a young woman said that she was not ex-Loughborough and was roundly booed. The organiser was mortified, as were we, knowing the reception we would receive. We both received the same boos when we announced that we, too, were not ex-Loughborough students.

Before we left, the organiser came over and apologised, and then invited us to stay for the dinner. We thanked him and said how much we appreciated the offer, but we declined the invitation. Sometimes, that hostile reaction creates a barrier that is impossible to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:08 am

The NATO conference in Brussels and the G-7 meeting in Sicily are timely.  The issues being discussed were overshadowed by stupid acts by the President of the United States.  First there was the security leak during the on-going investigation by the British Police that caused a furor with the British PM who expressed her concern about sharing sensitive security information with the US.  That happened on the heels on the news that Trump had revealed the location of America’s nuclear submarines to the President of the Philippines.  The CIA and the military were shocked at this breach of security.  It followed another security breach where Trump revealed classified information to the Russian delegation at the White House.  The actions of the US President in Saudi Arabia as well as in Israel were followed by pushing a Head of State (President of Monte Negro) aside in Brussels so he could be in front. The meeting was intended as solidarity for NATO.  Trump brought up the issue of Trade and singled out Germany to vent his anger of trade imbalance.  That is an issue that should have been discussed at the G-7 conference along with other items on the agenda affecting climate change.  As I write this, the G-7 Conference is in progress.  I wonder what other indiscretion will be made by the so-called Leader of the Free World.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptySun May 28, 2017 1:44 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-donald-trump-germany-us-no-longer-rely-european-union-climate-change-g7-a7760486.html
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 2:33 pm

The president did not leak information about the Manchester bombing to the American press. Neither did he leak classified information about the submarines: 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/26/fact-check-did-trump-leak-classified-info-about-nuclear-subs/
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Interesting, Shelagh.  Who and what to believe is becoming more complicated.  The term "Fake News" can either be true or false.  What the administration doesn't want to hear is often labeled as "Fake".  Then there are those who deliberately make false statements.  That has been done by present and past administrations leaking information to test public reaction.  The public becomes the victim trying to ascertain fact from fiction.  Fox News is known as a source of false information making what they report suspect.  As with most things, eventually the truth will surface given enough time.  Even when the truth is revealed it can be labeled as "fake" or suspect.
Live reporting is best.  Political analysts will often put their own spin (interpretation) on what was said.  They think that the public is too dumb and need someone to tell them what they heard.  When Teresa May made a public statement about sensitive information being leaked while they were still investigating terrorist activity, that didn’t require interpretation nor did Angela Merkel’s remarks about Trump.  The world witnessed events in Saudi Arabia, Israel and at the G7 conference.     
When I (we) hear startling information, wanting to share this information is normal.  Playing it safe by keeping quiet helps to save embarrassment in the event that we were misled.  That happens often with sensitive subjects where reaction can be expected from those who don’t want to hear anything negative about their candidate or about their country.  Intimidation is a powerful tool.  I found that to be true when discussing information concerning the Palestinians and Israel.  Information I get from private sources cannot be revealed if I want to keep the lines of communication open.  Revealing a source can place that person(s) in jeopardy.  While one cannot or refuses to reveal sources, it can affect ones credibility.  If you have a trusted source, one should value that source and protect it. 
A President should be aware that everything he/she says becomes a public record.  Candidate Trump made many statements that are now coming back to bite him.  Lies are revealed.  As Mark Twain said:  “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.”
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Here in the UK, politicians are in the middle of campaigning for next week's general election. The fake news machine is trying to influence the way people will vote. I think most voters have already made up their minds and are not swayed by the media "spin". According to the media, the gap between the two main parties is narrowing. Whether or not that is true will be revealed next Thursday evening in the exit polls, which will give a reasonably accurate prediction of the outcome. Voters lie when questioned during the campaign, but tell the truth after they've voted. By then, there's no point in lying.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:15 pm

Shelagh, I'm watching the political events in the UK switching between CNN International and Sky News.  The impression I get is that the PM may have miscalculated the end results when she pushed for a new election seeking a mandate.  Interviews with people on the street are mixed. 
Until the votes are all counted, everything else is pure speculation.
In Germany the election process is gaining speed.  I suspect some big surprises with the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 6:01 am

The testimony today is one of anticipation.  Will truth be revealed?
Yesterday’s hearing sounded to me like a cover-up.  Refusing to answer direct questions with flimsy excuses by those in charge of Intelligence and Security agencies gives that impression. The perception of what one sees and hears can override any analysis by the media or by so-called experts.  Body language speaks as well as words.  I applaud the Senators who kept pressing for answers to their questions even though they didn’t succeed.  The refusal to answer the questions posed could imply some form of intimidation by the President.  If they had no legal reason or if security is not an issue, why did they hesitate or refuse to answer the questions?  The formality of “Swearing to tell the truth” apparently didn’t mean much.  Evasive answers don’t count.  If justice is served, those who lied under oath should be prosecuted.  Personal pride or fear of losing ones job is irrevelant.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 am

It was more than anticipated.  Director Comey didn't hesitate to call Tump a liar.  Then there were those who tried to ask intelligent questions, but some were political oriented. 
The news this morning about the election in the UK was not a surprise, except for PM May.  The irony is that she wanted the election, presumably to solidify her support, but it backfired.  How it evolves will be interesting.  The winner appealed to the younger people who are the future.
I think there will be a surprise for Republicans in the next US elections.  Those who want to keep their jobs will become more non-partisan and work to give the people what they need and want.  Bernie Sanders has the pulse of the average American, especially the future generation.  The only problem with him is his age.  I don't think he would survive the pressures of the job.  He knows what the job is whereas the current person in that position is still trying to figure it out and thinks he can run the government like a business.  Given that he entered into bankruptcy six or seven times (depending on the source), he considers himself a successful businessman.  Bankruptcy means that creditors get stuck with debt and it appears that in his mind, that is schrwed business.  He has angered NATO allies when he asked them to "pay up".  He obviously didn't read or understand the conditions along with the time element in which they have to pay.  They are aware of his personal unpaid bills.  Withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accords was another blunder where he didn't read or understand the conditions.  His reputation is not one of honor.  I don't think that he understands the concept of "win-win".  His concept of winning appears to be, "I win, you lose." 
Time will tell.  His own actions may be his downfall.
Now that I had my say, I wish you all a good day.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 am

“With every adversity, there is a benefit.”
Trump has united people in ways never imagined.  Many have come to realize what a good President is all about thus the numerous comments about missing Obama. 
Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Accord has caused some US States to take their own action with Climate Change initiatives.  The same is true of some other countries like, France, Germany and even China who are determined to reduce pollution and work for a clean environment.  
The situation with Qatar is another example.  He wanted to punish Qatar claiming that they supported terrorists and tried to get Arab countries to isolate them.  Instead, Qatar is receiving help from several countries formally considered their enemy.  Qatar was cut off from food, their primary source being Saudi Arabia.  Iran and Turkey have stepped up to the plate and are delivering tons of food on a daily basis.  It has been reported that Trump didn’t consider the thousands of US Troops stationed in Qatar along with the US Airbase by putting the servicemen at risk.  Qatar, instead of taking revenge as one might expect, turned the other cheek.

Trump is uniting the world against America and Leadership is shifting.  Leadership is not something demanded or inherited, but something earned.  It is hoped that with new elections credibility can once again be restored with America.  I anticipate a large turnout at the next Presidential election cycle.  Let’s just hope that there are credible candidates available from which to choose.  Voting for the lesser of two evils is not good.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Holding onto the leadership of the free world was empowering, but challenging as well.  With Trump destroying our standing with his America First stand in a global world, nationalism where a global viewpoint is the hope of the future, we are being brought down. I'm sure the older, wiser nations can't help but smile as this young nation with all its ideals is being leveled to the the reality that ideals and greed just don't mix well and our self-proclaimed halo is tarnished.  We can't really brag about how we became the leader - not with our dehumanization and genocide of the American Indian, enslavement of the African peoples and mistreatment of every immigrant group that followed - the Chinese, the Japanese, the Italians, the Puerto Ricans, and religious groups such as the Mormons, and the list is extensive.  While the nation began with a dream of a group of white Deists who were landholders and mostly educated who created a nation for their own dreams, its evolution has been painful. We've had our glory days and now we settle down to be just one of nations with no more or less credence than any other, thanks to the leadership of this disgusting and greedy man who, with his equally greedy family, never should have set foot in the White House.

It's unfortunate because we do have the resources and the intellect to build a society where every eats, is sheltered and is healthy.  We can take care of those in need and still live well with luxuries and wealth to spare.  Yet, we choose to politically squabble and do nothing but move the chairs on the Titanic.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:44 pm

At the moment, the EU is cutting a deal with Japan. Greenpeace has leaked details of how the EU is failing to act according to its climate change agreement as it pursues a trade deal that will damage the environment. Sounds awfully like Trumpism to me. Make Europe great again?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/821393/European-Union-EU-trade-chief-fumes-as-details-of-Japan-negotiations-leaked
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm

I have a problem dealing with events, nationally and internationally and began to question my position on issues.  As an ex-patriate, I find myself torn, sitting on the outside looking in, trying to support my country of birth/citizenship and deal with public opinion.  Although I experienced resentment for actions taken by past US Presidents like Nixon and GWB, nothing prepared me for the reaction to actions of the current US administration.  I feel embarrassed that my country would elect a person with such ineptitude to represent our country on the world stage. FB has been a sounding board for current events pertaining to the Trump Administration. There are those who are ardent supports of Trump and make excuses for his actions.  Then there are those who are strongly opposed to his actions and make statements under “Trump is not my President” thread.  The greatest opposition deals with his self-serving actions, using the Presidency for his personal/family gain.  His frequent blunders with the English language along with his lack of protocol in dealing with foreign leaders cannot be overlooked.  Many of the foreign leaders are not only multi-lingual, but also have advanced educational degrees.   His “America First” stance may play to the American audience, but it is not conducive to international relations.  His biggest fault is the lies he tells.  The NY Times published a list of his lies.  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html.  
With his track record of lies, everything he says is, and should be, questioned.  “Alternative Facts” has become a stitch word.  Trump fails to recognize that everything a President says is recorded.  To say that he was misunderstood is no excuse.  Clarity is expected of a President.

I have been called “stupid” and “ignorant” when responding to pro-Trump posts on FB.  It is a form of intimidation and a deliberate attempt to insult.  Whereas one is tempted to respond in kind, I have chosen to ignore the post refusing to sink to their level.  Name calling is usually a response when the person is frustrated and has no information to support their view.  Debate ends when this happens.  

When asked about my views as an ex-patriate, it is difficult to respond.  I try to ask them about their feelings and why they feel as they do.  In general, the input we receive from various sources affects our perception.  The issues gaining world-wide attention are climate change and America’s healthcare dilemma that affects the perception of America.  America’s past was one of respect and caring.  The Statue of Liberty was such a symbol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

TRUMP?
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next