Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

TRUMP?

Go down 
+6
Don Stephens
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
joefrank
alice
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 12:49 am

For those who consider voting for Trump, I suggest you do some research into his business practices.  I thought about posting some of the things I found, but the time involved to do this and then to deal with the feedback just isn’t worth the effort.
I can only suggest that you do your own research.  You can do a Google search by typing in :Trump’s business practices” and then click on any of the links provided.

What I find ironic is that when Nixon was elected President, we didn’t know he was a crook.  That excuse cannot be used with Trump.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 am

This must be the most negative lead up to the presidential election ever. No one is concerned about what makes one candidate better than another, just what makes them worse than each other.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:44 am

You nailed it, Shelagh.  They give the voter only a choice to vote for the lessor of two evils.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 10:03 am

7/25

The DNC is falling apart, the Bernie supporters are in a fowl mood and I don't blame
them, from the beginning I knew Hillary and her gang weren't going to let Bernie get it ! One
lady is so angry she said in an interview ( She belonged to the Bernie demonstrators, more than
2,000, ) as of Thursday she and millions of other Bernie supporters are leaving the Democratic
party and switching because of the way they screwed Bernie and betrayed the public, I don't
blame them, I think it's disgusting !!!

Cheers......Joe........
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 am

Bernie still did not get sufficient delegate votes EVEN WITHOUT the super delegates.  If you look at the Trump campaign, he got the opposite effect - the Republican party was against him - even to "dump Trump tactics," etc.  Additionally, the wiki leaks talk on the Internet was stupid - but so far as I remember, none of the most heinous tactics were ever put in place - it was just talk - like we talk here - all hot air and no action.

For all Bernie's ranting and raving against big money - big money would make sure he was not elected and Trump was.  Big money controls the elections.  I love Bernie's hopes and dreams and ideals - but I want a person running for the White House that can save what we have by getting elected - and votes for Congressmen and Senators that will put a balance in the legislation and force collaboration.  Bernie would not be elected over Trump. Period.

Otherwise, we might as well have the British parliamentary system which makes a lot of sense to me - our President has too many responsibilities.  We need a separate royalty family to take on some of the diplomatic stuff.

As I see it, if it is the candidate one favors, then one gathers all the negative info one can against the other candidate.  Whatever happens in the realm of one's favored candidate is fine.

The entire campaign structure is flawed - for all candidates - in every way.  I thought the Republican show was a joke with his kids parading across the stage and saying he was wonderful and the professional film of all his "contributions."  Bottom line, he used his daddy's money and used every dirty trick he could to get where he is - and still won't show his income taxes - at this point in the campaign no less.  Of course he won't. 

As Trump says himself, he used all the dirty tricks so put him in office to ferret them out.  What a horrid reason to put a man in office.  In that case, let's turn out the thieves from prisons and put them in office - they have had quite an education in dirty tricks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 12:15 pm

There was a post on FB that showed the ancient wall of China.  The post said that Trump may have a good idea.  The Chinese built that wall over 2,000 years ago and there are no Mexicans in China. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 9:11 am

It was a good idea 2000 years ago.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 11:24 am

7/26

It's the death of The Democratic party, their phony just as phony as the
Hillderbeast ( Hillary, ) she has taken millions from wall street, talks out of one side of
her mouth  ( We must put strict laws giving money to politics, ha ! She already raped
Wall Street,) This woman is so dangerous we'll wind up like Venezuela which right now
has a collapsed economy people 10,000 a day going into Columbia for food ! 

Cheers...........Joe...
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Fortunately, our form of government prevents extremes unless the same political party appointed the majority of the Supreme Court (which is supposed to be impartial but isn't), occupies the majority in the House and the Senate and is in the White House.  That could be the case if Donald Trump is elected but far less likely for Hillary Clinton since too many Senate and House seats would have to turn over parties.

I do agree that the political parties, both the Democratic and Republican, have been changed by this election sequence and will likely never be the same.  However, both parties had already been evolving to positions far different and in some cases directly opposite to their earlier platforms.  As an example, I was a staunch Republican in my youthful years and what the party stood for then and now are entirely different.  Thus, as I matured and realized my party walked away from me, I switched to the Democratic party.  In reality, I am in the middle, a bit of each and certain bits from each I reject entirely.

Maybe out of this will come a three party system and needed changes to the election processes in primaries and in campaign finance and the length of the whole process.  Campaign finance is criminal in my opinion and violates all principles of democracy.  Yet, in the past, there have always been the politically powerful that ran things all but on the fringes.  It is not just a modern phenom for sure.

I watch both conventions, knowing they are professional propaganda, but I do get some knowledge from what I see.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Michelle Obama's banal speech was lauded by many, which undermines the democrat supporters' claim that it's the republican voters who are dumb. Judge not others lest you be judged the same.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 11:54 pm

In summary, I think we agree that "It's a mess".  Recognizing that doesn't solve the problem, but it can be the launching pad to work for change.  As DK mentioned, our two-party system isn't working.  I don't know of any European country that has just two.  Giving the voter a wider choice is necessary.  Even write-in votes should be counted. 
Bernie Sanders has short-comings as do all other candidates.  The positive thing about Sander's campaign is that he exposed areas of wrong-doing that have been kept hidden.  He also exposed the short-comings of America's system of caring for its citizens.  Cliches continue to be used by both parties that appeal to the ignorant. 
To state that we are the "Greatest country on earth" "Rah, rah, rah" tends to coverup our faults.
"God Bless America" is another statement that tends to give one a good feeling and tends to cover-up our wrong-doing. 
I too was a staunch Republican and changed when they changed.  I don't like to be affiliated with any party, however when one registers to vote one must declare a political party or preference.  I usually select "Independent" so as not to be judged or badgered with political solicitations.  Have you found that by making a positive post or you respond to an email concering a particular candidate that you receive solicitations for financial support? 
We have three criminals still unpunished (Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld) yet efforts to punish Clinton for her emails seems to get attention.  "Justice for all" is another statement that has become meaningless.  "Too big to fail" is another recognized fault and little is done to correct it.  Deeds, not words are the actions we must insiste upon.  I believe that most realize that campaign promises cannot be taken seriously.  They may try to implement their agenda, but it doesn't mean it will happen.  When an opposing party decides to undermine the President, he/she cannot cause make it happen.

Who will clean up the mess?  "A new broom sweeps clean" is a cliche that is part of wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:17 am

The history channel on German TV is showing authentic clips of Hitler and the Nazi movement.  They are opposed to the actions of Trump, showing the similarities and speaking out.  The world was blamed for not speaking out during the period leading up to and during the Holocaust.  “Never Again” became the slogan of the Jews.  Speaking out must not be stymied.  I find it ironic that ethnic cleansing is happening in Palestine and few Jews are speaking out against it.  The days of “woe is me” or “pity me” are on the decline.    
World Momentum is building against Trump and I applaud that.  On FB some of my friends have threatened to “unfriend” those who make comments against Trump.  I will not be deterred from speaking out.  If I am “unfriended” for speaking truth I accept that as positive. I want to be associated with people who share my ideals and are sympathetic to the plight of the less fortunate.  I applaud Canada for opening its borders to receive refugees.  Canada has demonstrated humanity and care for their citizens by action.  I’m sad to see that America is losing its heart.  With Trump at the helm, I am ashamed and want to hide my identity.  I hope for change to restore the faith in America as a world leader and to that end, I will continue to speak out.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:24 pm

We have a mess now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:24 pm

You unfriended me, Abe. Or maybe Christine did it for you; she unfriended me.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 am

Shelagh wrote:
You unfriended me, Abe. Or maybe Christine did it for you; she unfriended me.
Strange TRUMP? - Page 11 101995
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:59 am

Yes, I did Shelagh.  It was a derogatory remark (unkind remark) that you made to her about her father (me).  I did the "unfriend".  I didn't know that she did also, but I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 12:41 pm

That's unfair, Abe. I never make derogatory remarks. It was Christine who said that she had noticed from my comments that I had certain political leanings, and that I should "have a happy life". She said this on your facebook page, months after she had unfriended me, presumably because she disagreed with my "political leanings".
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 am

Are we tearing apart this board with fighting?  I hope not.  We  have been friends too long for that.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 am

2/3

I can see the Far Left are running, pulling out there hair, they know not what to do !
     We don't  want the left controlling this country ! 

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 am

joefrank wrote:
2/3

I can see the Far Left are running, pulling out there hair, they know not what to do !

Cheers....Joe
Nor the extreme right.  I would like a middle of the road sensible person.
We had no such person this time.
Maybe Trump will learn--hope so.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 10:47 am

joefrank wrote:
2/3

Cheers....Joe

It's true, Joe, the left cannot live in their own skin. If they would be a little more patient, I'm sure there will be important issues to complain about. At the moment they are making mountains out of molehills.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 7:55 am

2/4

The other day I heard on the News that the Democratic Party has exploded, it has
       no leaders ( the ones who want to run are so far left it's scary !)  I've come to the
       conclusion the wealthy far left aren't your old American wealth their the Nu Vo Rich
       The old wealth of this country The Vanderbilts, Mellons, Duponts & Rokefellers have
       always stayed in the background no publicity , no comments , the new rich ones
       ( Leftist Celebrities,) I believe have a guilt trip about getting rich...Example I'm the
       1980's I used to work in Darrien, Ct. very wealthy town, you never  knew who was 
       rich they didn't flaunt it.... A few  years later I worked in another town a 1/2 hr from
       Darrien the people in this town are New rich always bragging what they just bought !
       Real wealth , very old money never do this....

Cheers........... Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 pm

We needed far different candidates.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

Agee Alice.  The choice shoved on us was not a real choice.  Being forced to choose between the lessor of two evils is not something many were willing to do.  Consequently they didn't vote.  A Third Party or even a fourth Party is needed.  Write-in votes should also be a valid consideration.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:45 am

2/6

Guess who the second evil was ?   " HILLARY ! "

Cheers.................. Joe..... Very Happy