Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

TRUMP?

Go down 
+6
Don Stephens
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
joefrank
alice
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Domenic, are you saying that unless you live in a place, you don't know what is happening there?  How did you learn about the murders you mention that you say took place?  Where you there or did you hear about it via the news?  If I believed that America needed a man like Trump to save it, I would feel that it is already lost.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Abe, my opinion is based on Bible scripture. The eight world power will fall over night. The USA is the eight world power...my personal opinion? "We are down for the count...it's just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Our country  is a mess.  Roads, bridges, airports and trains worn out.  Crime everywhere. 
Shooters shooting the cops right and left.

VERY DISCOURAGING!

It is Congresses fault too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Alice, I believe the fault lies with the U.S. citizens who have set back and let the U.S. Congress become a lazy bunch of leaches that leach off our taxes while their staff and the Federal and state bureaucrats do all the work.

Empty out Congress and life will go on as usual.  Just need a Budget Office with the authority to write and enforce a real budget.

But we don't revolt.  We continue to listen to the political garbage that fills the sound waves, read the garbage in the newspapers and then vote for the garbage that results.  Any wonder no one cares whether we have roads or schools or health care?  Those responsible have their needs met.  They are just playing games to keep their cushy jobs.  They have no moral responsibility for anyone and only provide legislation to benefit those with the big purse.

We allow this by our vote.  Our vote has been diminished certainly.  But so far, we can still vote.  We can still write editorials.  We can still go to political meetings and ask hard questions of candidates. 

I don't blame Congress.  They are taking advantage of what we gave them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:44 pm

9/1

NO WAY IN HELL !! Will this Sovereign nation ever be apart of Mexico,
Canada as a North American Union, any politician or sitting President would be
committing political suicide ! We have our own laws, Constitution, Political system.
How dare anyone even suggest such a stupid idiotic idea ! Look at Europe they did
it and now their paying the price, Hungry is in chaos the borders being over run by
thousands of illegal immigrants ! How dare anyone think of this, we are Americans
and we will stay America, does anyone want to see Americans uprising sorry were
not that stupid ! Dream on not in my lifetime all though I did hear a rumor about 
this several years ago but I couldn't believe it......Pure Fantasy....

Cheers.....Joe........ TRUMP? - Page 2 748523
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Alice, I believe the fault lies with the U.S. citizens who have set back and let the U.S. Congress become a lazy bunch of leaches that leach off our taxes while their staff and the Federal and state bureaucrats do all the work.

Empty out Congress and life will go on as usual.  Just need a Budget Office with the authority to write and enforce a real budget.

But we don't revolt.  We continue to listen to the political garbage that fills the sound waves, read the garbage in the newspapers and then vote for the garbage that results.  Any wonder no one cares whether we have roads or schools or health care?  Those responsible have their needs met.  They are just playing games to keep their cushy jobs.  They have no moral responsibility for anyone and only provide legislation to benefit those with the big purse.

We allow this by our vote.  Our vote has been diminished certainly.  But so far, we can still vote.  We can still write editorials.  We can still go to political meetings and ask hard questions of candidates. 

I don't blame Congress.  They are taking advantage of what we gave them.

How do we revolt?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:34 pm

9/1

It's called " Marching On Washington !," Can you imagine the look on
    their faces when 800,000 people march and demand Congress resigns ? They  
    would pee in their pants and also take away their perks and pensions !

Viva Trump !

Cheers.................Joe.......... TRUMP? - Page 2 748523

TRUMP? - Page 2 Consti10
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Who is organizing this march?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Donald Trump has put some excitement into the campaign - but he does nothing but talk.  He doesn't offer any rational solutions to anything.  He speaks off the cuff with no knowledge about running a government - and while there are similarities, it is not the same as telling a bunch of yes people to build another hotel and hiring qualified people to manage the deal.  What kind of a businessman or CEO could spend this much time on the campaign trail if he was accustomed to spending any time at his business? 

The United States is great already.  We have pulled out of a near depression and made some inroads against poverty through healthcare.  We've a long way to go, but it's all possible.  Believe me, the people I interview from other countries who are not U.S. citizens love this country as the best in the world as they set about earning an income and opening their own businesses.

We let the horse out of the barn when we allowed businesses to leave and mfr. overseas and resell to us and make exorbitant profits as a result.  Sorry, but the repubs did that and the dems couldn't undo it.  They all have their hands in the till one way or another.

Trump is a joke as a presidential candidate.  He is an embarrassment with his old white man bigotry and misogyny.  The hordes at his talks just enjoy his ability to say what they are thinking - that it's the last stand for white U.S.  Well, that horse is out of the barn too.  People better wake up that we are one nation of diversity working together as the strength of differences can accomplish.  Better to work together than separate into quarreling tribes that get nothing done - ex:  Congress.

I lost a friend by email today.  I told him unabashedly that I'm sick of his racial and bigoted Internet garbage and jokes and to send them to me no more - that I have lost respect for him and have learned that beneath his cool exterior is a man of hate and bigotry - and character matters to me. I had to be plain.  I told him already nicely several times.  If one accepts other's divisive and hateful behaviors then one gives tacit approval.  I do not approve.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 pm

9/2

Such hate against your next President , shame, shame , shame..
                    Jeb Bush is going down the toilet fast, his people are quitting..

Cheers........Joe......... TRUMP? - Page 2 748523
TRUMP? - Page 2 New_tr10
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Joe,

I understand you don’t want the USA to fall as a world power. Is this country any different than any other world power that has fallen? 60 years after Rome was at it highest point of power, it fell. England was a world power…the sun never set on England…right after WW2, it fell as a world power. True most of white America feels this has always been a great country. The blacks, browns, and yellows don’t think so, it was never good for them.

Americans believe they still have freedom. At present, the Federal Gov can enter your home without a court order. They can take you away and hold you wherever they want, for as long as they want, without a court order, and they don’t even have to tell anybody. They can stop your bank account. They now have things were they can see into your home, and even hear everything you say. Your cell phone has a tracker in it. Does this sound like the land of the free?

America is the eight world power…even the Bible says the eight world power will fall over night.

Here is the sad part Joe, most people would agree, the USA is one of the best places to live…if this is one of the best places, this world is in trouble.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:41 pm

9/2

Domenic..

This is how you shut off the Cell Phone tracker it's from NBC News
        watch the video..

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/your-phone-snooping-you-n350511

Cheers....Joe........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Good post, DK.  I agree with your analysis. 
Domenic made good reference to how the once great have fallen.  America peaked out and will have a down-turn.  Even an athlete doesn't perform at their peak all the time.  The ability to bounce-back can mean that the basics are still intact.  When the core fails, the rest will crumble. 
Criticizing is good.  It means you care and want to make things better.  Trying to duplicate a past performance is difficult, if not impossible.  There may be similarities, but all the ingredients put together for a past deed are not the same in a future endeavor. 
There are things that appear to be consistent with political candidates.  Make any promise or say anything to get the vote, however delivering on the promises made are seldom.  It is not always the lack of desire to do it, but that no President can make things happen without the cooperation of Congress.  When one votes for a Candidate there are those that don't comprehend the need to vote for the congress that will give the candidate the support needed to implement his/her ideas.
To argue about who is a better or worse candidate tends to create animosity.  Our vote is a private matter.  Why some feel the need to publicize their intended vote can be intended to influence the vote of others.  My feelings about Trump have been stated and they are MY feelings.  My vote counts as much as any other single vote.  Whether it makes a difference is unknown until all votes are tallied.  Even then, there is no assurance that the winner of the National Election will become President.  Remember Al Gore?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:14 am

9/2

All the Republican candidates are running like scared rabbits, they just don't 
  have it, it's called " Fire In The Belly, "  And Hillary is going down the toilet so fast
  she can't get her lies straight the more she talks the worst it gets I read the other day
  when she has a rally only 300 to 600 people show up ! Where Trump and Sanders draw 
  thousands of people why ? Maybe because their their not politicians and they tell it like
  it is and the old guard politicians still run on the same old system and evidently the
  American public are so dam tired of the lies, the spending and yes all the perks they
  get, so I think 2016 is going to be a helluva explosive election than anytime in our
  history......

Cheers..........Joe........ Cool
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:27 am

TIME WILL TELL.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 11:35 am

It's a circus.  A circus has elephants.
To think that a country like America with so much talent would even consider having many of the those running as Presidential candidates.  Some are bottom of the barrel.  Qualified people who are talented and with intelligence don't run.  Perhaps that is a sign of their intelligence.  I hate self-promotion and every candidate for President is full of self-promoting. 
If they are looking for a job, why not require them to provide a CV listing their accomplishments and/or qualifications?  At least there would be something in writing that one could evaluate.  Verbal communication tends to embellish and even lie. 
Unless someone has already been President, a newbie cannot present a record of accomplishment as President. It is pure speculation as to whether they can do the job.  I want honesty in a President. The President represents America to the world.  The world views America thru its President and it is important how the world views America.  One cannot live in Isolation.  Countries need each other not only for economic reasons, but also for world security.  If America wants to lead, will the President be someone others will follow?  Voting for a President is much more than American domestic issues.  As for Trump, European news give the impression that he is a joke and can't be taken seriously.  They respect Obama.  They despised GWB after his Iraqi action.  They loved JFK.  What Candidate running will have the respect of the world?  Respect takes precedent over being liked.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:22 pm

I see  that anyone can run for President.  It seems like some degree should be required--such as a degree in history and another in negotiating.

Also a sound mind test.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Running for President in this country has become a Republican Joke.  Like it does not matter who runs only who can have the biggest buyer.  That, to me, is a travesty that will take years to repair.  I am sorry that so many of you consider Donald Trump a viable candidate.  It is blasphemy to the country and this democracy that is still the best in the world. 
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm

9/2
               Sorry Betty you know and I know for decades politicians have used the
          public for their own greed and that's both Democratic and Republicans! They
          forget it says in the Constitution: " We The People, For The People and By 
          The People." They forget who's in charge, we pay their salaries and it's the
          stupid public who keep re-electing these morons who have been in power
          20-30-40 and yes some for 50 years ! It states in the Constitution anyone
          can be in Congress a teacher, Lawyer, Baker etc. some examples ordinary
          people that you are to get in do your job and get out, we need strict laws
          Congress and Senate 6 years finished no pensions or perks, President one
          term four years that's it we don't need dynasties , very strict laws against
          Lobbying banned ! Anyone caught doing graft immediate firing, no excuses!

VIVA TRUMP 

Cheers...........Joe...... TRUMP? - Page 2 748523
TRUMP? - Page 2 The_wh10
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:11 pm

9/2

We The People..........

Cheers....Joe..........

TRUMP? - Page 2 We_the10
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 pm

9/2

This says it all !

Cheers....Joe....... Very Happy

TRUMP? - Page 2 11914910
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:31 pm

You make a valid point, Joe.  One cannot govern effectively when one is out of touch with the needs of the people, however one cannot underestimate the value of experience.  I think when one has served two terms, they should be eligible for a third term if they are out of office for at least one full term.  I also believe that a President should be able to qualify for election again once he/she is out of office for a full term.  To throw away the experience of one who has done a good job, is a waste.  Electing a newbie requires a period of time to learn the job.  During that learning process much damage can be done through ignorance.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:45 am

9/2

Severe term limits , no re-electing for a third term...

Cheers...Joe.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:37 am

Abe F. March wrote:
You make a valid point, Joe.  One cannot govern effectively when one is out of touch with the needs of the people, however one cannot underestimate the value of experience.  I think when one has served two terms, they should be eligible for a third term if they are out of office for at least one full term.  I also believe that a President should be able to qualify for election again once he/she is out of office for a full term.  To throw away the experience of one who has done a good job, is a waste.  Electing a newbie requires a period of time to learn the job.  During that learning process much damage can be done through ignorance.

I quite agree.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:40 am

Hey, I vote for whatever limitations we can get - and, unfortunately, since they set their own rules - there will be no limits.  

Why would they pass limits to their own cushy jobs?  It's not going to happen.  We may be able to vote in some younger members - but all newbies isn't the answer either.

Until the entire campaign process is changed, life will go on as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TRUMP?
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next