Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Made it to rehab

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
dkchristi
alice
alj
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Made it to rehab - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made it to rehab   Made it to rehab - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:51 am

Hey, Alice. Thanks for the advice. Don't worry. I haven't worn a wig since the 70's and won't now. I don't plan to cover my head anytime soon. The hair from my ears down has already begun to grow back and they didn't cut or remove the hair on my crown which is long enough to almost cover the back. The incision itself is healing nicely. It was never bandaged but left open and those same doctors said I could wash it. I have done that twice as soon as they let me take showers and will again later today. Lyn saw to it that I have a huge stack of fresh pillowcases ready. The incision is on the right side just above my neck, so I've been sleeping on my left side so the incision itself doesn't touch a pillow.

It was so good to wake up at home this morning. I find I am stronger than I was when I fell and started this thing, thanks to a top notch therapist. He has been showing me bow to strengthen my legs to make up for the weak knees.

I've been told to focus on my recovery from surgery rather than on what might be lying ahead. They finally told me there is some cancer; hardly a surprise, but will still have to wait a bit to learn more about prognosis and treatment.

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Made it to rehab   Made it to rehab - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 am

2/19

Anne..

Just read this and I'm very happy for you that you are home, a great 
 place to recover, I know that from experience, you are in my prayers and I pray that all
 will come out well...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Made it to rehab   Made it to rehab - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:04 am

Dearest Ann,  

I am so glad you are home and feeling frisky.  I don't like the cancer diagnosis, but am glad they have cut it out and I hope they threw it far away, so far it will never find you again.   
You are in my prayers and kindest thoughts.

Love ya,  

Alice
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Made it to rehab   Made it to rehab - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:17 am

Glad you are home.  Mother spent four days at the hospital and is now home. Her medicare advantage covers a home care nurse 100% - and anything else she needs.  Take advantage of that stuff.  She didn't want to but feels better now that it's started.  She hated all the set up paperwork.  I don't understand why it's still on paper and no on ipads.

Anyway, be "weller" each day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made it to rehab   Made it to rehab - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Made it to rehab
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2