Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

More Art Made in Photoshop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

More Art Made in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Here's a few more pieces of Photoshop art I've done.

This one is a picture of me taken when I was 14 that I made look like an old tin type from the 1800s.

More Art Made in Photoshop Ss853610

This one is a picture of me that was taken when I was 9. I modified it to look like I have blue hair and made it look like a colored pencil sketch.

More Art Made in Photoshop Ss853710

And here's an underwater self-portrait of me taken in August 2008 using a disposible underwater camera in a lake. I added the blue and black borders in Photoshop.

More Art Made in Photoshop Underw10

And here's a diagram and discription of my first baking soda and vinegar gun I did in Photoshop.

More Art Made in Photoshop Soda_g10

And here's a version of my personal coat of arms shield done in Photoshop.
The blazon is as follows:
Arms: Argent, a chevron Vert between in chief a gear and a harp and in base a standing balance all Azure, all within a bordure Vert.
This picture is of the shield alone without the motto, crest, helmet, or mantling.

More Art Made in Photoshop Shield10
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

You have a very creative soul!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:58 pm

merrihiatt wrote:

You have a very creative soul!

More Art Made in Photoshop 78793
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:05 pm

I like the photoshop renderings. It's amazing how artistic the software allows you to be. I guess you could take most any photo and make it look like a pen and ink or oil or water color or chalk? I'm not sure how far it goes..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:35 am

dkchristi wrote:
I like the photoshop renderings. It's amazing how artistic the software allows you to be. I guess you could take most any photo and make it look like a pen and ink or oil or water color or chalk? I'm not sure how far it goes..........

You could, but some pictures work better than others for certain things. I use the filter gallery a lot to achieve these special effects with pictures, such as making them look like old tin types, colored pencil, paintings on canvas, engravings, ect. I also sometimes need to remove or change the background on a picture. First I have to select the background either with the magic selector or the lasso tool (I usually use the magnetic lasso). Then I erace the old background and depending on what I want to do, either leave it white or incert a new background. I also use the color replacement brush to change the colors of things, such as giving myself blue hair in the colored pencil sketch in my post above. I can create images using the shapes tool also. The baking soda gun diagram was made using the rectangular shape tool and my coat of arms shield was made using the custom shapes tool (I had to download some extra specialty custom shapes from the internet to make it).
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks for the info. I have a friend who is starting to look at some of these things. This helps me understand better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Art Made in Photoshop   More Art Made in Photoshop Empty

Back to top Go down

More Art Made in Photoshop
Page 1 of 1