Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What made you smile today?

Go down 
+10
madhatter
Don Stephens
zadaconnaway
Abe F. March
Pam
Shelagh
P. Gordon Kennedy
Dick Stodghill
Sue
JoElle
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

What made you smile today? Empty
PostSubject: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:41 am

I think we all experience those moments where we are going along in our day ... and suddenly we hear or see something that just makes us gasp in delight and then smile.

Right?

That happened to me the other night when I was driving in Florida. I was just cruising along listening both to the XM radio and the voices in my head ... when a tiny light along the side of the road caught my eye. Then another appeared ... then another.

They were FIREFLIES!!! I LOVE fireflies. And they were everywhere in the dark trees along the highway. I just smiled and felt like a little girl again. It made my drive that night pure pleasure.

So, what made you smile today? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:48 pm

There were quite a few things today to make me smile, JoElle. Seeing my husband's face when I awoke made me smile. Seeing the sunshine shining through the open windows brought another smile to my face. A friend sent me an email hug. Usually they bring a grimace because I figure I have to forward them. For some reason this one put a big smile on my face. My two lively cats (1 and 2 years old) romping up and down the staircase brought a huge smile to my face and pleasant memories to mind.

Thank you for asking, JoElle!
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:32 pm

I smiled at 6:30 this morning when I called hamster Sophie's name and she poked her nose out of the papers she uses for her nest. She was sure I was calling her for a treat, of couse, so I gave her a few sunflower seeds. What made you smile today? 83899

I smiled again when I received an e-mail from Linda Landrigan, editor of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, saying a story I sent her in January is terrific and a contract will be mailed next week. That's the second she has bought this month, but this one is only 5,000 words so the check will only be for about $600. Still, it all adds up. What made you smile today? 973110

Now ask me how many times I frowned and said a few words you probably won't hear in any church. What made you smile today? 921805
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:23 pm

What made me smile? I got some great bird pics today.
What made you smile today? Ss855310

What made you smile today? Ss855210

What made you smile today? Ss855211
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:21 am

Dick Stodghill wrote:
I smiled at 6:30 this morning when I called hamster Sophie's name and she poked her nose out of the papers she uses for her nest. She was sure I was calling her for a treat, of couse, so I gave her a few sunflower seeds. What made you smile today? 83899

I smiled again when I received an e-mail from Linda Landrigan, editor of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, saying a story I sent her in January is terrific and a contract will be mailed next week. That's the second she has bought this month, but this one is only 5,000 words so the check will only be for about $600. Still, it all adds up. What made you smile today? 973110

Now ask me how many times I frowned and said a few words you probably won't hear in any church. What made you smile today? 921805
What made you smile today? 514350 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 4:37 am

I smiled yesterday when a friend sent me a very welcome and thoughtful email message.
I smiled last evening when I went for supper with my daughter and we decided on the spur of the moment to take in a movie.
I smiled this morning when I got up and the sun was shining and a goldfinch was singing quite happily in the garden. Looks just like the one in your picture Gordon.
So, I will head into today smiling. That's a good enough way to start the day.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 5:20 am

I smiled when I read what the former Press Secretary to Bush had to say.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 5:31 am

So did I, Abe.

Nice pictures, Gordon. Seeing nature's small creatures should make anyone smile.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:08 am

The thing that brightens my day first in the morning is the wonderful birdsong I am treated to outside. Then coming here to read everyone's posts leaves me with a smile to start my day. We have so many witty folks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:21 am

My smile came from the wonderful aroma come from our customer. DOLLY MADISON!! Very Happy

And then reading all the lovely replies here! flower
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Here is what makes me smile everyday:

What made you smile today? PaytonandLiLi28-4-07

My Standard Poodles, Payton (70lbs) and LiLi (50lbs) Laughing Laughing

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri May 30, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 4:08 pm

I loved the poodle pictures, Don.

Poodle hair always reminds me of the style I had back in the 80's.

Thinking of that made me smile!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Your 'babies' are darlings, Don! Hey Rhett, this should make you smile: I still have a 'poodle' type of hairdo! It's the best for my hair type! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:27 am

I'm sure the poodles bring a lot of smiles, Don. Obviously you never have trouble telling them apart. Payton doesn't appear too pleased about having his picture taken. At that particular moment he had the expression of the hanging judge about to pass sentence.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:41 am

Dr. Seuss has messed up my life jocolor.

Poodles remind me of one of his tongue twisters:

When tweetle beetles battle with their paddles in a puddle and the puddle's in a bottle and the bottle is on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles it's called a .....

well, I don't remember what it is called. scratch

those are cute puppies sunny
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySat May 31, 2008 10:26 am

The sun is shining here so that is reason enough to smile sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:16 pm

Dick,

You’re right about him not wanting to be there on “Stay”. His buddy the black lab across the street was out and he would much rather have been over there playing with him.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 pm

What made me smile today?
My family and I finished planting our garden! What made you smile today? 931984
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 am

What *didn't* make me smile today was when I found the slugs had eaten the tender shoots of my mum's runner beans, that I planted out in the garden only the previous day.

What did make me smile was reading Rainbow's post "Sex change????????????????????" and that Planet of the Apes goddess posing in a bikini (couretsy of Lin) afro
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 am

This forum always has something to make me smile. I try to check it first thing every morning, even if I don't have time to read every new post.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Watching the chipmunks in the birdfeeder.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Carol! Welcome to this friendly bunch! What made you smile today? 591890 (Seeing you here just gave me another reason to smile!)
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Nice to see you also. I wondered where everyone had gone and it makes me smile to find them here.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm smiling tonight - A library contacted me on my Authors Den site and requested all three of my novels. I'm donating them. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 pm

That is great news, D.J. ! Definitely a good reason to smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? Empty

Back to top Go down

What made you smile today?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next