Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger

Go down 
+3
LC
joefrank
Domenic Pappalardo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger Empty
PostSubject: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger ...
Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is ... Print; Email; Exposure to secondhand smoke ... a California class action brought in 2012 against an ...
news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2008/07/01/... - Cached
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:19 pm

1/29/2014

I won't get into this because I have been trying to quit for the past three
                   years ! My Dr. gave me a prescription for Chantex , this drug has severe 
                   side effects, you can be suicidal, homicidal, etc., when I took it I just sat
                   thinking about all the things I had to do, my Dr. told me the risks out weigh
                   the fix, we'll I don't want that ! I read about a week or two ago that the 
                   American Medical Association discovered there were 500 deaths due to
                   suicide because of taking Chantex, " NO THANK YOU !" I'll go back to the patch !

Joe

Last edited by joefrank on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 pm

What an odd cause you've taken up. And posting a link to an obscure website that titles an article "Second hand smoke is no danger" and cites a 22-year old article to bolster its claim. Did you read the comments after it?

You seem to be angry that smokers are told it's not nice to force everyone else to smoke along with them. Maybe you're just bored and feel like posting.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 pm

joefrank wrote:
1/29/2014

I won't get into this because I have been trying to quit for the past three
                   years ! My Dr. gave me a prescription for Chantex , this drug has severe 
                   side effects, you can be suicidal, homicidal, etc., when I took it I just sat
                   thinking about all the things I had to do, my Dr. told me the risks out weigh
                   the fix, we'll I don't want that ! I read about a week or two ago that the 
                   American Medical Association discovered there were 500 deaths due to
                   suicide because of taking Cnatex, " NO THANK YOU !" I'll go back to the patch !

Joe

Joe, here is a system I used. It is one that has been used in California since 1994;

When you want to smoke, try this. Inhale deep through your nose. Hold it for 15 seconds, then exhale through your mouth...it gives the same high as smoking.
When you do this, do not do it in an area you smoke in. If you smoke in the car, stop the car, get out and do the inhale/exhale thing. Smokers don't care about all the danger talk. Those who quite, do so because they want to. You sound like you want to. You can do it.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Why should he quit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:46 pm

I am a smoker because I want to be. I, and other smokers I know do not smoke around non-smokers out of respect. What we do not like, is non-smokers give no respect back. We stand out in the rain to smoke so we will not upset the non-smoker…still the non-smoker shows us no respect. They give us nasty looks, and nasty remarks…does the piss smokers off? Damn right it does. It makes us want to tell the non-smokers to stick it where the son don’t shine.

We are not defending smoking, we are defending against your nasty attacks. Who the hell wants to be around people like you? You only know me on this forum. We may live thousands of miles apart…nothing I smoke will reach you. Please, don’t come back and say. “You are protecting the people who live around me…you don’t care for people. If you did, you would be out on the street feeding the homeless. You would be doing something, anything to help others…you just don’t have a life so you target smokers you don’t even know…and you don’t even know me. Don’t give me this, “You’re trying to save people.” Truth is, most of you don’t like people. You talk love on this forum…you only say you love those who agree with you. There is a word for that.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:25 am

A young woman sitting on a bus chatting to a friend, held the cigarette in her hand away from her body so that the smoke drifted as far away from her as possible. I'm the disrespectful person who said, "Do you realise that the smoke you are directing away from you is going right up the noses of everyone else sitting on the bus." The irony that she was inhaling smoke and yet directing the same smoke away from her body seemed to be lost on her.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 am

Quote :
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to accept what is true."
Soren Kierkegaard

Noticed on Facebook this morning. Seemed apt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 am

alj wrote:
Quote :
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to accept what is true."
Soren Kierkegaard

Noticed on Facebook this morning.  Seemed apt.

I like this.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
I am a smoker because I want to be. I, and other smokers I know do not smoke around non-smokers out of respect. What we do not like, is non-smokers give no respect back. We stand out in the rain to smoke so we will not upset the non-smoker…still the non-smoker shows us no respect. They give us nasty looks, and nasty remarks…does the piss smokers off? Damn right it does. It makes us want to tell the non-smokers to stick it where the son don’t shine.

We are not defending smoking, we are defending against your nasty attacks. Who the hell wants to be around people like you? You only know me on this forum. We may live thousands of miles apart…nothing I smoke will reach you. Please, don’t come back and say. “You are protecting the people who live around me…you don’t care for people. If you did, you would be out on the street feeding the homeless. You would be doing something, anything to help others…you just don’t have a life so you target smokers you don’t even know…and you don’t even know me. Don’t give me this, “You’re trying to save people.” Truth is, most of you don’t like people. You talk love on this forum…you only say you love those who agree with you. There is a word for that.

Dom,
What do you want?
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 am

Joe, here's all I can offer to help you quit from experience. I smoked two packs/day unfiltered Camels and quit cold. Each day that passes without a cigarette gets easier. You think, "If I feel this bad today, what's tomorrow going to be like?" It's going to be easier. Take deep breaths. Join smokers anonomous. When you think you're about to light up, call your SA sponsor any time of night or day. He'll rush over, and the two of you can get drunk together. Smile

Kissing a smoker is like licking an ash tray.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Al,

How long ago did you quit?

q
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:37 pm

1/30/2014

Al..

You made me laugh so hard , I almost choked on some walnuts !

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 pm

It might soon become a criminal offence in the UK  if drivers fail to prevent smoking in their vehicle when children are present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25939908
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Quote :
How long ago did you quit?

43 years ago. I backslid for a short time in the early 1980s but kicked it again before it could get worse.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger   Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Hand Smoke Is No Danger
Page 1 of 1