Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Blogging - what it pays - interesting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Blogging - what it pays - interesting  Empty
PostSubject: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 am

http://brandongaille.com/how-much-money-can-you-make-from-blogging/
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:56 pm

"14% earn money from blogging."
That tells me 86% get nothing. 
Not real appealing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
twm
One Star Member
One Star Member
twm

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 am

I earn money from my blog but it's a couple of dimes a month. So yes, you can earn money but I suspect those 14% don't earn a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:43 am

I think the blog owner needs to clarify why he or she runs the blog. Either it's to earn money (very difficult, as noted) or it's to maintain a public presence for others -potential employers, book buyers- to find out something about you.

I maintain a blog (well, sort of; I rarely update) whose purpose is to maintain a public presence, just like my LinkedIn page. Hence I don't bother trying to earn money with it. Putting Google ads on it cheapens the appearance, IMO, and if the ads are just bringing in "a couple of dimes," why bother. I have info about me there, tips on the books' subject matter, and, of course, info about the books.

A LinkedIn page is important too, I think. I have gotten visits on that page from people I've ultimately ended up doing business with. Employers and business partners want you to have some sort of public presence. Not having one says as much about you as your websites do.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 am

I thought about putting ads on my blog but Google doesn't charge me to host it, why bother? I only have it because my publisher thinks I need one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blogging - what it pays - interesting    Blogging - what it pays - interesting  Empty

Back to top Go down

Blogging - what it pays - interesting
Page 1 of 1