I run a software company and I am looking for new app ideas to develop. One idea is to develop an easy to use framework for authors to quickly produce an app that is linked to their publication with following out-of-the-box features:
- Link readers on a forum to discuss topics of the publication
- Send readers regular updates and quotes about things they learned in the publication,
- Provide localized information that is updated regularly by the author,
- Let the readers engage in a x-step plan to improve/learn/create whatever they learned in the publication,
- Offers readers in-app purchased for extra bonus material,
- Link to external sites, videos,…
- Automated questionnaires for evaluation,…
The commercial model would be a subscription service for the author. For a fixed monthly amount, the app, forum, database,.. is hosted on our servers (the author remains owner of all the data, email addresses of users, user generated content,..)
- Do you think there is a need in your community for this kind of application?
- Arer there any authors to validate and testdrive this idea?
- What other suggestions do you have for me?
If you like, we can also discuss this over a skype call (fransden).