Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frans Den

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price? Empty
PostSubject: Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price?   Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi

I run a software company and I am looking for new app ideas to develop. One idea is to develop an easy to use framework for authors to quickly produce an app that is linked to their publication with following out-of-the-box features:

- Link readers on a forum to discuss topics of the publication
- Send readers regular updates and quotes about things they learned in the publication,
- Provide localized information that is updated regularly by the author,
- Let the readers engage in a x-step plan to improve/learn/create whatever they learned in the publication,
- Offers readers in-app purchased for extra bonus material,
- Link to external sites, videos,…
- Automated questionnaires for evaluation,…

The commercial model would be a subscription service for the author. For a fixed monthly amount, the app, forum, database,.. is hosted on our servers (the author remains owner of all the data, email addresses of users, user generated content,..)

My questions:
- Do you think there is a need in your community for this kind of application?
- Arer there any authors to validate and testdrive this idea?
- What other suggestions do you have for me?

If you like, we can also discuss this over a skype call (fransden).

Thanks

Frans
Back to top Go down
slb
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
slb

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price?   Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:21 am

I wonder if it could be a pay-per-click type of app. Most apps are to be used often like games. With an author app, where would the incentive be to use it more than once? What about marketing?

Just playing devil's advocate here because I'm always interested in hearing about new marketing ideas, but if you flood the app stores with author apps, haven't you developed an Amazon author type database?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephenbrayton.com

Your book app set up in weeks for a low monthly price?
Page 1 of 1