Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What would you write, if you could or would write it?

Go down 
+4
joefrank
alj
dkchristi
GMHague
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 pm

1/12/2013

LC....

I lost it, never saw the books..

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I have colleagues at L & L Dreamspell who are getting contracts from Harlequin - they write murder mysteries, romances on the erotic side, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Joe -I PM'd you.

DK -so when do we see your Harlequin contract? Smile
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:17 am

I give --really I did long ago! I don't want to write what people want to read now.

What happened to Literature?
1. It stimulates thought about life
2, Arouses emotion
3. Stimulates imagination
4. Has the ability to survive
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 am

Sorry, LC, I don't put in enough graphic sex. Any sexual content in my books leaves too much to the imagination. Although one reviewer gave me three stars because she wouldn't have her teenage daughter read my adult book because of the sexual content she felt was unnecessary. The two (I think) scenes were so conservative I barely remember writing them. In one the man and woman stripped naked in the middle of the jungle to swim - and they swam. In another, they stripped due to the kayak overturning in mud and leaches but did "make love" on the jungle floor. A third did include a bed and was slightly more sensual - but definitely not graphic or erotic.

Unfortunately, none of those compare to the books my L & L Dreamspell colleagues write with detailed body part performances and descriptions. I don't enjoy graphic reading or writing in that vein. Guess it's my generation or my puritan upbringing or my lack of imagination - I'd rather think it's a vivid imagination and experience that does not require graphic details to evoke the moment. I couldn't write it even for a Harlequin contract....I'm more in the textbook line of things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 am

DK,
I am with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you write, if you could or would write it?   What would you write, if you could or would write it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you write, if you could or would write it?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2