Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Obama film - totally shocking !

Go down 
+2
alj
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Obama film - totally shocking ! Empty
PostSubject: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 pm

8/16/2012

couldn't believe my eyes when I came across this film

on President Obama , don't know what to make of it ?

Here's the poster, I have to see where the film is playing ?

Obama film - totally shocking ! Obama-10

Joe.....Obama film - totally shocking ! 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Two questions: (a)Why would you want to see it? (b) Have you checked the web to see what the film is about, who is producing/directing it, and what their agenda might be?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm

8/17/2012

AJ..

I have to check the web..

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:33 pm

8/17/2012

I found it on you tube, it's by a guy from India !
https://youtu.be/hfLsSg9wZlE

Cheers..Joe..Obama film - totally shocking ! 83899
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:58 am

What is the political agenda of the producers, Joe?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 am

My first impulse is that any film about the candidates would be negative intended. If it was positive, it would be promoted by the party. Just my gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 am

There is a faction on the Internet that churns out very good quality films that are totally false and intended to create animosity and negative emotions toward the President. They are produced similarly to the propaganda used by the white supremacy groups to attract members.

It's unfortunate that good hearted people continue to spin them across the Internet as "interesting" when they are fabrications that just because modern technology makes it possible for anyone to make a film that looks professional, does not make them a quality piece of work worth showing.

The excessive funds for campaigns as the result of the Citizens United poor decision also makes it posible to show these films in theaters as if they are worthy of sharing with an audience.

They are worthy of an audience, an audience pre-disposed to hatred and race prejudice and emotional appeal to an unread mind that accepts what they see and hear as truth instead of investigating the source and purpose of the production. (Thank you Ann, for your on target questions)

If I sound harsh, it is because I have a very good friend who sends me these productions as if they prove that President Obama has some sinister plan in mind which is not true, never has been true and never will be true. How do I know? Because I read, I study, I pay attention to what is actually happening on the political front. Is he perfect? Of course not. Are there legitimate political differences that people may have with President Obama? Of course. Then, talk about those issues, don't create lies and garbage about him as a person or further spread that material when someone else creates it.

I am tired of the birthing argument, the religious argument, the "Kenya will rise again" inuendo - my gosh, this is the modern world. This is a sort of representative democracy. This is a man who already served in Congress. This is an educated attorney. Respect him for who he really is instead of creating someone who does not exist. The only reason people get away with this defamation is that this country has freedom of speech, even when it is disgusting, and they use garbage when they run out of intelligent things to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 am

Good Post DK
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 am

8/7/2012

From what I've read it's in the movie theaters, it's a guy who

came to the USA from India and he wanted to compare Obama

to himself, I don't think it's political ? I don't think I would pay

$12.00 to see it...

Cheers..Joe......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2012-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

Hey Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for not doing a thing, so why not a movie about him too? I can see Denzel playing him, directed by Spike Lee, and being nominated for twelve academy awards, and winning best picture. Because, as we all know, Obama can do no wrong...

Sorry if this was a little too frustrated on my part, but I'm really tired of hearing how wonderful and great Obama is. But give me a break, I live in Illinios, politics haven't been very kind to us lately.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 am

DM, neither you nor I could accomplish anything if everything we tried was opposed by those whose approval was required to make it happen. The opposition should be held accountable for blocking measures to improve business, but more importantly, the lives of the citizens that to many means, life itself.

As for the peace prize, It was bestowed upon Obama. Why try to make it appear that he did something wrong. He was honored. In fact, the more I hear condemnation about Obama, the more I support him.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Pity. President Obama came into office with such high hopes. The Republican Party leadership in documented words said from that day forth they had one goal - to destroy his presidency and make sure he could accomplish nothing.

I make no claims that President Obama is any more than a well-educated, intelligent person who has serviced this country for many years. He has grown as the President and to end his role as leader would be a mistake.

However, the Republicans have not changed but only become more committed to lie and pervert the truth to any ends to make sure their moneyed supporters once again control completely.

Propaganda is powerful when supported by the money behind it. Note how we see an ad and run out and buy the product. Much propaganda has been used to slander President Obama and for that I apologize to his family. He dd not deserve the attacks or the venom that has been created toward him by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Jim Beck and other ratings whores and those who deal in hate and emotional appeals to the base nature of people.

President Obama has slugged along accomplishing what he could on behalf of all U.s. citizens, not just the few or those who felt they had a special reason for his support. He has led with dignity and intelligence, trying to move forward from the weight of the republican years that he inherited.

I am only sorry that so many people are fooled by even their own selves into believing that to change administrations will change the next years for the better. It will only improve them for those who are already in control of the money.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:29 pm

DK. Good Post. Your insights are on target.
Back to top Go down
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
DM, neither you nor I could accomplish anything if everything we tried was opposed by those whose approval was required to make it happen. The opposition should be held accountable for blocking measures to improve business, but more importantly, the lives of the citizens that to many means, life itself.

As for the peace prize, It was bestowed upon Obama. Why try to make it appear that he did something wrong. He was honored. In fact, the more I hear condemnation about Obama, the more I support him.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but the media just shows him as a saint who is perfectly flawless, just like Kennedy, and I'm tired of it. He's not the worst president we've ever had, but he's certainly not the best, nor did he deserve the Nobel, when there were far, far, far, far, far, far better options. I mean, what did he do, besides becoming the first black president, to deserve it on his first day as president?

I don't know, it just seems the more I hear about Obama, the less I like him. Actually, by law, he shouldn't even be allowed to be president since his father was not born in America. I do think he could have made a great president, if he had more experience behind him, but he was only in office for two years before running for the job, and to me that says that it was more of a major media stunt than anything. But now I'm rambling, and I apologize.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Please note that the Nobel Prize is awarded by the Nobel Prize Committee in Sweden. It is not something for which you can apply or seek. The very fact that they honored a citizen of the United States with the award was an honor to us all. The fact that it was awarded to the President that we elected honors us all. I fail to see how being bestowed with an honor he did not seek in any way puts him at fault. It's like telling me I am at fault for receiving a gift on my birthday. That day of birth was no fault of my own; I guess I should return any gifts I receive. When magazines select the ten sexiest men or women, those men or women may not seem the sexiest to everyone, but they were selected by the magazine.

That just shows how far misunderstanding can take the human heart and how subject we are to the opinions of others with less positive motives who can take us into their rhetoric and make us think things that are not logical at all.
Back to top Go down
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm not putting him at fault, I'm actually putting the Nobel at fault for giving it to Obama rather than people like Sima Samar, who risks her life on a daily basis helping and fighting for women's and children's rights in the middle east and she's helped educate and medically treated over 17,000 people. I mean, can you honestly give me a good reason why he was chosen to receive the prize rather than her?

For that matter, why did Al Gore win it, instead of Irena Sendler who saved 2,500 Jewish kids from Nazi extermination camps?

But it just goes back to how the media portray him as a saint, who can do no wrong. I don't hate the man, I don't know him personally, but what I do hate is the praise he gets on a constant basis.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm

I honestly don't hear any praise, mostly it comes after he has been maligned so badly on some FOX station that a less biased media outlet says something about his accomplishments. He is actually a humble person from what I see but somehow managing to be comfortable in his own skin in spite of all the prejudice.

In fact, his accomplishments as President have been undersold to the U.S. public because the republican obstructionism makes so much noise. It is time to get re-elected; somebody better get his accomplishments out there because people seem to have short memories about the pit he inherited and why the country was in such a downward spiral.

The Nobel Prize Committee has their own criteria. Just like prizes for anything else in life, including books, there will always be many opinions when only one prize is given. I guess it's not mean to question why President Obama received it; but I would prefer to feel honored as the country in which he serves as president and allow the prize committee to operate under their own rules.

Perhaps there are other awards for the exceptional people who did not receive that prize that year. My guess it that people who spend their lives in the service of others are not expecting to be rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:58 pm

I have seen presidents come and go. In my adult memory they start with Dwight E. and go on up to this day. Back in Ike's day, the television was just a newbie. Since then, the television news has run the world.

I personally think that human rights for ALL people should take a higher place than finances for the rich who can afford every thing anyway. For lack of a better word, I am a Democrat.

Jimmy Carter deserved the Nobel Peace Prize, in my opinion. He honestly tried to fix what he saw was wrong with this country. Even he was malaigned by the Fox news people back then.

I am ashamed of the American people for being the sheep that they are. Nose to the ground and follow the well trod path without thought. I am ashamed of anyone who watches a FOX channel.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Betty. you mirror my feelings. Why is it that past Presidents had the citizens in mind when making decisions. They had compassion. What happened? Was it pure greed? I don't know, but what I do know is that the America I grew up in is no longer. Money, money, money. Me, me, me. If you don't make it, it is because you are lazy. It is so sad to see our country decline. When it hits bottom, perhaps, just perhaps things will change. When people become the focus instead of things (money) then and only then will real change occur. Everything in life that is important we get from people. The important things we get you can't buy. What tops that list is love. We need a compassionate President that will follow the preamble to our constitution.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,provide for the
common defence,
promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to
ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution
for the United States of America."

I can't help but note the words: Justice, Tranquility and general Welfare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama film - totally shocking !   Obama film - totally shocking ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama film - totally shocking !
Page 1 of 1