Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

writing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
McPaul98

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-05

writing  Empty
PostSubject: writing    writing  EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:50 pm

hello, im a young writer. i wont say my age online but i have been writing and friends and family all say its good but i dont know what to do after i finish and what to do with it. i am typing a "story" now and was wondering on what editors look for and some other stuff. can anyone give me some advise?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

writing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: writing    writing  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 am

"...welcome to publishauthors now..." started the goblin who wouldn't admit his age either, saying "...no you've come to the right place then, only that the real authors are still incarcerated deep below deck here, where legend has it that they were once humans and then something changed them drastically, and from that moment onwards all sorts of strange thoughts and weird imaginings possessed them to write without motive or letup...", and with that the goblin looked across at McPaul98, and then confided "...if you're asking me how to write then I feel that you're asking the wrong question, no the real question is do you know what you are letting yourself in for if this writing ever becomes something habitual within you now, for it's not all that fame and fortune that one sees on the outside, ah no, inside it's more like 24/7 where all that you do does you in return, simply you won't be able escape from yourself I mean, so welcome to the madness of writing..."

writing  L-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-5f9cb71d

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

writing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: writing    writing  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:51 am

writing  591890 writing  591890 writing  591890 WELCOME!writing  591890 writing  591890 writing  591890
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

writing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: writing    writing  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:55 am

The one thing they won't like is using a small "i" instead of "I". Your first contact with an editor/publisher is very important. Make sure your English is proper. They will pre-judge your work based on how you correspond with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

writing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: writing    writing  Empty

Back to top Go down

writing
Page 1 of 1