Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Mystery Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pam Kimmell
One Star Member
One Star Member
Pam Kimmell

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Mystery Series Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Series   Mystery Series EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 3:54 am

Hello Everyone......I've been involved in several writing projects, but the one that I'm currently working on is my mystery series. Book one, "The Mystery of David's Bridge" was published by Hillard & Harris Publishers in 2004 and while I SHOULD have had at least two, maybe three others out by now - health issues kept me from doing so. I'm back on track now so watch out world - here I come (again).

The series is based around the mistaken assumption by most people that life in small towns is boring. That's hardly the case for my female private investigator, Bailey Ferrol, in the small town of David's Bridge, Virginia. She has inherited the investigative business from her father and maintains a close working relationship with the local police which allows her an "inside track" on the behind the scenes action in town. There's a lot going on behind the fancy gates protecting the huge estates outside town; things that don't make the newspapers because of the high profiles of those involved in the case. That never stops Bailey from doing her job though.

In the first book I created the town, poulated it with a lot of interesting characters, and provided a lot of details regarding Bailey and her family. In doing a series I wanted people to "bond" with her and want to know what she was up to in subsequent tales.....I am happy to report that she has a lot of fans (apparently!) and I hear from many of them regularly asking about when the next book will be out. My answer is "this Fall" and that's my goal.

I intend to spend some time here learning about everyone's books - from what I can see so far, there are a lot of VERY interesting projects underway by all of you. Isn't this fun!
Back to top Go down
http://pamelajunekimmell.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Mystery Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Series   Mystery Series EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:29 pm

This certainly sounds like a book that should be on my shelves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com

Mystery Series
Page 1 of 1