Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The First Ark series

Go down 
+2
Brenda Hill
A Ahad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The First Ark series Empty
PostSubject: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

My books are about a fantasy voyage to another world in the solar system next door we call 'Alpha Centauri'. My second novel actually got featured as the Book of the Month at Allbooks Reviews in April 2008:-

http://allbookreviews.com/Default.aspx?tabid=638

Here's a synopsis written by the reviewer herself, that will give you a good outline of the story:-

Title: First Ark to Alpha Centauri 2: The True Price of Immortality

Author: A. Ahad

The mining expedition team is in for an adventure, and a surprise. A mining team leaves the Centauri Princess in search for more metal on a passing ice world. The Centauri Princess is a space ship with an entire ‘mini’ world within its interior, which had set off from earth a couple thousand years ago. When the mining team lands on the ice world, they find out that they are not alone. They re-awaken the inhabitants that have been kept in suspended animation for a long time. Only these aliens are not as human as they look. An external and internal battle erupts for the immortality provided by the technology of suspended animation.

This novel is the second book in the First Ark Series. While the novel stands very well on its own, it would be wise to read book one before book two to have a better grasp on the ‘world’ created by A. Ahad. The novel is rich in scientific facts, and astronomy, making the space mission in this story believable. The author does start introducing a lot of characters, and it can get confusing. Once the novel gets rolling, however, it is easier to keep track of who is who, and the reader wants to know about each character. It is also interesting how the author incorporates the concepts of immortality, and how either the characters fight for the opportunity of immortality, or choose to step away from the opportunity.

A. Ahad was born in Bangladesh before moving to the United Kingdom with his family. His interests and studies in astronomy led him to be the first person to draw a sphere around the sun that marks the sun’s light domain. This is Ahad’s second novel in the First Ark series. His first novel, First Ark to Alpha Centauri, published in 2005, is the first novel in the First Ark series.

For high adventure in science fiction, and for the ideas presented in this novel, this book is recommended by: Margaret Orford, Allbooks Reviews.

Available: Amazon.com and bookstores
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Sounds great, Ahad. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Sounds neat Abdul, and you are also reinforcing a point that's being discussed in another thread...you are writing a series. Are there more books to follow, and if so, what's your target?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:24 pm

FIRST ARK TO ALPHA CENTAURI 2
Part II in the best selling First Ark series.
Author: A. Ahad

The First Ark to Alpha Centauri 2 is an extraordinary book. As an astronomer, Abdul Ahad uses his knowledge to create a tale of space travel that survives planet earth’s Ice Age. It is full of intrigue, mystery and romance. Survival on this long journey is linked to the exploration of other planets where they encounter space aliens. This adds even more drama to the story as they continue their journey back to the new earth. The hazards of space travel makes for a suspenseful novel that whets the appetite for more.

By:
Abe F. March
Author: To Beirut and Back
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Excellent review, Abe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:22 am

Congratulations, Abdul. On both reviews!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 7:53 am

Pam wrote:
Sounds neat Abdul, and you are also reinforcing a point that's being discussed in another thread...you are writing a series. Are there more books to follow, and if so, what's your target?
Thanks!

Well Pam, ideally I am hoping to write at least 3 books to turn my series into a trilogy.
I recall my BBC radio interview a while ago, when the DJ asked me that same question of how many books I had in mind. My reply to him at the time was "it's a 50,000 year long epic voyage, so there will need to be quite a few!":

http://www.astroscience.org/abdul-ahad/firstarktoalphacentauri/Abdul_on_the_Radio.WAV

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zelman
One Star Member
One Star Member
zelman

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series EmptyTue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Assalaamualaykum. Cool review Abul. Good luck with your books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silentlair.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Ark series   The First Ark series Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Ark series
Page 1 of 1