Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Comic-Con International: San Diego

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffrey J. Mariotte
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Jeffrey J. Mariotte

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Comic-Con International: San Diego Empty
PostSubject: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 pm

With
something like 112,000 attendees, Comic-Con International: San Diego is
far and away the biggest explosion of pop culture in the United States.
And with more than 100 authors in attendance this year--people like
Dean Koontz, Ray Bradbury, Charlaine Harris, Stephenie Meyer, Jim
Butcher, Kevin J. Anderson, and lots, lots more--it's becoming one of
the biggest literary events in the country, focused on genre fiction.
I'll be there from the beginning to the bitter end. Here's my official schedule:

FRIDAY, JULY 25
1:00 pm Penguin/Mysterious Galaxy booth signing for Missing White Girl
Booth 1119
SATURDAY, JULY 26
1:30-2:30 Things that Go Bump Room 5AB
Authors discuss monsters and haunts: GOH Joe Hill (Heart-Shaped Box), GOH Max Brooks (World War Z, The Zombie Survival Guide), Adrienne Barbeau (Vampyres of Hollywood), Chris Marie Green (Vampire Babylon novels), Jeffrey J. Mariotte (River Runs Red) and Natasha Rhodes (Dante's Girl).
Autographing in the Comic-Con Autograph Area to follow 2:30-3:30 Table AA1
SUNDAY, JULY 27
12:00-1:00 Pocket/Mysterious Galaxy booth signing for 30 Days of Night: Eternal Damnation
Booth 1119
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:20 pm

You'll be busy, but it should be fun. I have always enjoyed attending mystery conventions and seminars. Great places to meet interesting people and pick up ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Jeff if that was a little closer I'd be there in a heart beat. Hope that you have lots of fun, meet some interesting people.
Happy trails!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Yes Jeff, have a ball and promote, promote, promote. Shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. Be sure to let us know how grand it all was, so we can be envious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Jeffrey J. Mariotte
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Jeffrey J. Mariotte

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:57 am

I'm with you, Dick. Bouchercon or Left Coast Crime or even Thrillerfest are more my idea of a good time--Comic-Con is so huge (about the same number of people in attendance as live in my whole county) that it's a struggle just to get through it all. But it's a must in my end of the business, so I'll be there with a smile on.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:07 pm

I love Bouchercons. They had something similar in Omaha for a few years and it was great. So is Edgar week in New York, but that would be a long trip for you. Like everything in NYC, it keeps getting more expensive so I've pretty much given up on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Well, I just hit San Diego by surprise, but I don't think I can get a press pass this time, so I guess I won't make it.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Jeffrey J. Mariotte
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Jeffrey J. Mariotte

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 am

I've been to one Edgar banquet, and it was a blast seeing every body all dolled up. But yeah, NYC prices just keep sailing into the stratosphere, so it's been a few years since I've done any events there.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic-Con International: San Diego   Comic-Con International: San Diego Empty

Back to top Go down

Comic-Con International: San Diego
Page 1 of 1