Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Big book signing day in San Diego

Go down 
+2
zadaconnaway
Jeffrey J. Mariotte
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffrey J. Mariotte
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Jeffrey J. Mariotte

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Big book signing day in San Diego Empty
PostSubject: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:38 am

The independent specialty bookstore of which I'm a co-owner, Mysterious Galaxy, turns 15 years old this month--15 years of providing books of mystery, science fiction, fantasy, horror and more to a local audience in San Diego and a wider audience around the world. thanks to a staff that knows their genres inside and out and an unwillingness to ever settle with doing things the way they've always been done when their might be a new approach out there that can put more books into the hands of more happy readers.

Saturday, May 10, we're celebrating that milestone with a full day of author appearances and other festivities. You can read the details of the day at the Mysterious Galaxy website. I'm kicking off the day's signing slate at 10:30 am, signing Supernatural: Witch's Canyon, and of course supernatural thriller Missing White Girl and whatever else comes up. I haven't decided yet if I'll read a little of the forthcoming River Runs Red, or just talk about it and its follow-up Cold Black Hearts and the rest of the books on the way.

I'll be followed by Savannah Russe, Susan Hubbard, Charlaine Harris, Robert Tanenbaum, Jeri Smith-Ready, Samantha Somersby, and Timothy Zahn. A little something for everyone. There will also be cake, prizes, and other fun.

If you can make it to the bash, do so--you won't regret it. If not, you can still order signed books via the store's website or toll-free number. With the help of our dedicated readers and fans, these first 15 years will just be the beginning of a much longer story.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:46 am

Congratulations on your 15 years, and best wishes for your big event. Wish I lived in the area!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Congratulations and good luck with the event! Readings by authors are always appreciated and, in an odd way, make the audience feel special rather than the author -- which is no bad thing when trying to gain fans and influence people!

I wish I could be there; I know I would be just as gullible as the rest and believe that you were reading just for me!

Have a great time! Big book signing day in San Diego 607436

Last edited by Shelagh on Tue May 06, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Congratulations on being around, man. To have done that in the current climate of big box outlets, and especially in San Diego (not exactly the reading capital of the Universe) says a lot about your saavy and tenacity.

Invite me to sign at your 25th?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Jeff,
sounds like an interesting event. It definitely has appeal.
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:57 am

Sounds exciting, Jeff. Would love to attend if you have a future event. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big book signing day in San Diego   Big book signing day in San Diego Empty

Back to top Go down

Big book signing day in San Diego
Page 1 of 1