Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Amazon Author Central

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Amazon Author Central Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Author Central   Amazon Author Central EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 am

Have you checked out your name at Amazon Author Central and taken full advantage of that page? They added the feature that gives you real book rankings and real sales - and it beats looking at the ranking on the book page to try and get a handle. It also has charts, graphs, and where your books are selling - any book on which your name appears. Thus, some of the anthologies in which I have stories also show up.

It's also a reality check. I was ready to retire to the Caribbean when one of my books hit a ranking of 48,000 (well, that was pretty high for me!) Then I saw it represented four books sold. Oh, well. There goes the Caribbean dream out the window of reality.

However, I do have a steady stream of miscellaneous royalty checks from ebooks and published books that mean I'm still in business. I am also thoroughly enjoying my new career as a journalist. So what if it's a local, monthly newsprint magazine. It's 42 pages; I have two paid columns; I just got a "scoop" of major proportions that actually has interest nationally - have to wait until the January issue....so, vignettes of joy are where you grab them. The Southwest Spotlight www.swspotlight.com is also online. Who knows....

I don't need the Caribbean anyway. The high today is 80 degrees; nights are in the 60's. My doors and windows are open with a tropical breeze blowing through. Palm trees everywhere and two dying citrus trees in the back still have a few oranges and grapefruits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Author Central   Amazon Author Central EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 am

Congratulations, DK. It appears you're making steady progress.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Author Central   Amazon Author Central EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 am

What Abe said. Amazon Author Central 613632
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Author Central   Amazon Author Central Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazon Author Central
Page 1 of 1