Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?

Go down 
+2
A Ahad
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? Empty
PostSubject: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:16 pm

8/13/2011

Can you imagine the first woman president of the USA ? What is
your opinion ? Mine....It would be a historical first..

Cheers..Joe

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? Michel10
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Question is will she manage things better than Obama?

Last edited by A Ahad on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 pm

No she won't and If I have my way she won't get a chance.

If she wins the USA will end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:15 pm

8/13/2011

Alice..

In this country we have never tried a woman as
President, a woman may do better than a man and as far
as Hillary goes I trust my cat before I trust her....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Think carefully, Joe

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/16/246618/bachmann-craziest-quotes/

Quote :
ThinkProgress has assembled 10 of the nuttiest things Bachmann has ever said:

(1) BACHMANN WARNED ‘THE LION KING’ WAS GAY PROPAGANDA: At the November 2004 EdWatch National Education Conference, Bachmann said the “normalization” of homosexuality would lead to “desensitization”: “Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of ‘The Lion King’ for instance, and a teacher might say, ‘Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?’ The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.”

(2) BACHMANN CLAIMED ABOLISHING THE MINIMUM WAGE WOULD CREATE JOBS: While testifying in front of the Minnesota Senate in 2005, Bachmann said, “Literally, if we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.” This isn’t remotely true. Even simply reducing the minimum wage would, as Paul Krugman noted, “at best do nothing for employment; more likely it would actually be contractionary.”

(3) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT SCIENTISTS ARE SUPPORTERS OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN: During a 2006 debate, Bachmann said, “There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.” This was, and is, not true.

(4) BACHMANN CLAIMED TERRI SCHIAVO WAS ‘HEALTHY’: Not long after Terri Schiavo died, Bachmann said she would have voted for the Palm Sunday Compromise because Schiavo “was healthy. She had brain damage — there was brain damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill.” An autopsy found that Schiavo had suffered irreversible brain damage and her brain, said the medical examiner, was “profoundly atrophied.”

(5) BACHMANN LIKENED VISITING IRAQ TO VISITING MALL OF AMERICA: In 2007, Bachmann returned from a junket to Iraq and told her colleagues, “[T]here’s a commonality with the Mall of America, in that it’s on that proportion. There’s marble everywhere. The other thing I remarked about was there is water everywhere.” As ThinkProgress documented at the time, the comparison was preposterous.

(6) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT CARBON DIOXIDE IS ‘HARMLESS’: In 2008, a Stanford scientist revealed “direct links” between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and “increases in human mortality” — globally, he found that as many as “20,000 air-pollution-related deaths per year per degree Celsius may be due to this greenhouse gas.” The next year, Bachmann, who is not a scientist, said that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”

(7) BACHMANN CALLED FOR A CONGRESSIONAL WITCH HUNT: Pivoting off the news of Barack Obama’s alleged relationship to former Weather Underground member William Ayers, and his former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Bachmann accused the candidate of having “anti-American views.” She then suggested that Congressional liberals — including Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid — ought to be subject to “an exposé” by the media because of their views. “I think people would love to see like that,” she told a stunned Chris Matthews.

(Cool BACHMANN SUGGESTED GAY SINGER SHOULD REPENT AFTER GETTING CANCER: Bachmann saw Melissa Etheridge’s cancer as a teachable moment: “Unfortunately she is now suffering from breast cancer, so keep her in your prayers,” she said in November 2004. “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”

(9) BACHMANN BOASTED ABOUT BREAKING THE LAW: In advance of the 2010 national Census, Bachmann told The Washington Times that she would break the law by not completing the forms. “I know for my family, the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home,” she said. “We won’t be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”

(10) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT GLENN BECK COULD SOLVE THE DEBT CRISIS: During a February trip to South Carolina, Bachmann told a South Carolina audience, “I think if we give Glenn Beck the numbers, he can solve this [the national debt].”
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Ann,

We agree. We will put our big feet down and have President Obama again, if he will run.

Let's hope he will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Ann, no one wants to hear the truth when it comes to these things. Sound bites are easier to remember She has promised to turn the country "around" in her first three months as president.

I am convinced that people vote emotionally, not intellectually. They vote for the person that feels right with their values and personal interests; the good of the country is far from the voter's mind. It only revolves around protecting their self-interest. Period.

Unfortunately, one's self interest is also part of the whole. We may have to live a little more modestly to have a stronger country - and those who are accustomed to an elite lifestyle are not willing to do so.

Campaign speeches and sound bites are all half-truths and emotionally targeted, prepared words to sell regardless of what's being sold.

As for a woman president, I am for the best person to lead the country. That's how I felt when I voted for President Obama. A person is not a better leader by their sex, their religion, their ethnicity or any of those things. They lead by experience and ability. That's what I want: a leader.

Ann has clearly described Ms. Bachman - but no one really cares because bigotry and hate are rampant in the land - and she'll feed right in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:42 pm

8/13/2011

I think we should have England rule again, maybe we'd be better
off ! Our system hasn't worked for the last 20 years, as far as
I'm concerned all politicians are crooked, they talk the walk !
My cat Dusty would do better, at least I know she's honest..
Oh yes, she's a girl...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Unfortunately campaigns are run on the wrong basis.
Religion and personal beliefs on abortion and gay rights should be kept out of the circus.
I don't care what they think about the gays, abortion or religion.
I don't think they should even comment on these issues.
We have courts to deal with abortion and gay rights. We need a President not a preacher.
He/she needs to run the economy and work on foreign policy.

As for Glen Beck solving the debt crisis--No Thanks!

Last edited by alice on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:33 pm

8/13/2011

Alice..

Your new President, she commends you..

Cheers..Joe

President Dusty.. And yes she will stick with the issues, she's smart, sexy and cute..

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? Dcd35810
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Very Happy Joe,

She is far preferable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I agree with Diane. Competence is the important factor, however finding a competent person for President is not so easy. You get to know a person by their deeds, not by what they say.
I don't think a one-term President can get much accomplished.
Our current President has experience in the office and stands a better chance of getting things done in a second term.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 am

I agree with you Abe. Unfortunately, the republicans had the birthing issue and the underlying bigotry and hatred in this country to use against this president - and they used it well. Their campaign to bring down the president has been steady and unyielding, to the detriment of the country.

However, I believe in a second term he may have the opportunity to lead. There is certainly no candidate that has better credentials. However, my friends are all republicans and they'll vote for a cat before they'll vote for President Obama - just because they want "no taxes."
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:46 am

8/14/2011

Diane..

I think everyone should be taxed, including the
wealthy, to make sure a National Flat Tax on everything
except food 25% that way everyone pays....Oh by the
way Dusty isn't a Democrat nor is she a Republican...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:56 am

Joe,

I am not against a lady president--but it would need to be a competent one.

Competency is the test--anyone teamed up with Glen Beck has a few screws loose.

President Obama thinks before he speaks and everything he says is rational and reasonable. To replace him would be a mistake.

I think competency can be dislayed by what one says.

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 am

I believe everything should be taxed - everything and every business, profit or non-profit and even food. We have the least expensive food of any developed nation in the world.

I believe all price supports, subsidies, exemptions, etc. should be removed in total. Then, each plus any new needs on the horizon can be analyzed for any exceptionalities based on the good of the nation, not one particular state or congressional representative.

I believe all spending policies need to be questioned, examined, and looked at for possible "pay as you go" options before their continuation. However, I do not believe critical services should be stopped - these debates need to occur long before renewing funding, not at the 11th hour. There needs to be a policy that non-debate with sufficient time will result in automatic renewal.

The overhaul of the tax code is long overdue;however, in the meantime to help the "crisis," Bush tax cuts should be eliminated.

Because we are in a dire jobs situation, benefits to the unemployed need to be provided; however, the means test for their distribution needs to be tightened.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Everyone pays taxes.

The unemployed pay taxes on property, vehicles, etc.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:10 pm

I am all for a woman president, but what is more important is a president of either sex who recognizes the importance of feminine values. Values of cooperation over competition, of nurturance, of sustainabiity, of respect for our planet, Mother Earth.

Many women today, in rebellion, perhaps, against the powerlessness of their mothers, have adopted the masculine, patriarchal values and perspectives that got us in the mess we are in right now.

Progressive men - President Obama is one - recognize those "feminine" values, and work toward what George Lakoff calls a "nurturing parent" society, as opposed to the "strict father" worldview that is held by conservative Republicans and the Tea Party.

And note that one perspective uses the erm "father," while the other uses "parent." This is not about creating a matriarchy, which would be the other side of the polarized extreme we are dealing with right now. It would mean coming to a center point, where compassion can grow through the reconciliation of the opposite extremes.

That is what we need now if we are going to survive.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Ann,

i agree.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:20 pm

8/13/2011

I believe we're wasting our energy and breaths,
Washington will do what it wants to do, they
don't give a dam and don't care, their in for life !
So why are we busting our chops?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Joe,

You got us going. lol!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Discourse is never wasted. I will be participating in some political activity and knowing the thoughts of my respected colleagues helps me think better.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:20 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Discourse is never wasted. I will be participating in some political activity and knowing the thoughts of my respected colleagues helps me think better.

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? 950944 Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 am

dkchristi wrote:

Jobs, jobs, jobs! Please remind them we don't care a bit about their idealogies, all we want are jobs. Working people are tired, happy, satisfied people.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?   Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine the 1ST woman president of the USA ?
Page 1 of 1