Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO

Go down 
+2
LC
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO Empty
PostSubject: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 am

6/2/2011

Family lives in 350 square foot house, watch video..

Cheers..Joe

Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 am

Interesting. Thanks for posting that. I wouldn't want to live like that, but they're self-sufficient and living the way they want. Lots of us could take lessons from that.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:00 am

Looks like the size of a housetrailer, however this looks better.
Amazing what one can do when needs take precedence over wants.

I admire the people that chose to live in that house. I admire them much more than two people who live in an eight room house with 4 bathrooms with a leased car in the driveway, ready to bankrupt if they miss a payment.

Having said that, I believe that everyone should follow their dreams, whatever they may be, but be prepared to accept the consequences for their decisions if things don't turn out the way they expected. Ego's can be a driving force. Ego's must also be shoved when necessity dictates, and that's not easy for some to do.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:16 am

They are not materialistic.
I could not live like that.
Our house is paid for also.

It will be interesting to see how long they live like this.

I have noticed that we need more space with our children married and having their own children.

Also, one would be unable to entertain--I have had experiences with people with too small of a house.
They always wanted to do everythnig at my house.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:12 am

I am curious as to where this house is located.
The land cost something

Our lot is worth more than our house.
We could not even get a permit to build a house like that.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

My five member family lived on a nearly 70' on deck and 55' below deck by 15' wide sailing ketch for three years. The 3 sons were teenagers and over 6 feet tall each.

I found I had all the space needed and more. Everything had a space in which it fit exactly. The spaces doubled with other uses. I could happily live in that much space again. I would thoroughly enjoy a land yacht to travel the U.S.

I have been fascinated by those small houses, comparing them to my yacht experience. To complete the comparison, however, they would need living space on the roof ....
'
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Might the cramped living quarters have affected your marriage?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm

I didn't multiply 55 X 15; but in that space we had an aft cabin with a full and single bed, a head with shower, a built-in dresser and wardrobe; in the hall was the navigation station, washer and dryer, and icemaker. Next came the dining booth and galley with stove, range, microwave and two-sided icebox; freezer on one side. Under the floor of the dining nook was the watermaker. Just behind the stairs was another full head (freshwater) with shower etc. Next came the main cabin with two settees, one on each side and pullman bunks above. All (settees and bunks) were strap beds for heavy seas and this area had heavy curtains at either end to afford some privacy. Forward was the v-birth cabin with a queen size bed and a saltwater head (all in one - showering used the entire space with the toilet lid closed). We actually had three bathrooms, two "large" bedrooms, one modest bedroom and a "basement" engine room. We had television and vcr as well as the most sophisticated communication and navigation equipment of the time.

I loved the inside of that yacht. I loved our lifestyle. I hated the seasickness and the fear.

Both of those negatives would not be present with a "small house."
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I wrote the most wonderful reply to this thread about mid-afternoon, but managed to delete it instead of sending it, and had to go work on dinner. I will try again.

The first homes of our pioneers were usually single pen log cabins, about 10' by 10'. After a few good crops and expanded families, the would probably add a second pen, often with a dogtrot between.
FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO Pioneer14

When Daniel and Maria married, he had just added a second pen with a dogtrot to his little single pen house. Later, they would add two more pens, as saddlebags, one on either end of the house, and even later, they would add a second story to the dogtrot - two pen section. Of course, since wood was scarce in the hill country, much of their home was made of stone - mostly limestone.

By the time the second book begins, it has evolved, a pen or so at a time, into a rambling ranch house with a veranda going all the way around. Up until about a hundred years ago, that's pretty much how family homes were built and grew.
We are spoiled today; we are accustomed to much larger houses than we need.

They are happy with their little house. For them, it is a good thing.

Ann

Last edited by alj on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Forgot to mention, second time around. I saw the video a while ago, when I googled for log cabin floor plans, researching to find out how Daniel & Maria's house ought to look.. I remember thinking it was cute.

My house is about 1100 square feet. that's three times the size, for one person. We really have become accustomed to our stretch room.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Ann,

Your house sounds perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO   FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO Empty

Back to top Go down

FAMILY LIVES IN 350 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE-WATCH VIDEO
Page 1 of 1