Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?

Go down 
+3
dkchristi
Abe F. March
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:21 pm

5/21/2011

Here's a nice hot topic: " Should Israel give up it's borders from 1967 ?
I say " NO !" It's going to cause a major problem. What is your opinion ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm

International law, UN Resolutions on the books for a long time, demanded that they return to the 67 borders. Their occupation is illegal.
It doesn't matter what I think, their flat no speaks for itself. If it is a choice between peace and territory, actions answer that question. Conditions on the ground have changed, especially with illegal settlements.

Joe, this is a very sensitive issue. I hesitate to state my feelings, however you did ask the question.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:16 am

Once again, I am proud of President Obama. He has courage. He stated outright what has been the U.S. position through many presidents of both parties. However, if he just opens his mouth about any subject of controversy, someone steps in to make derogatory comments.

Now is the time for bold negotiations. The Middle East "Spring" provides fertile ground for new possibilities and demands leaders with vision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:55 am

joefrank wrote:
5/21/2011

Here's a nice hot topic: " Should Israel give up it's borders from 1967 ?
I say " NO !" It's going to cause a major problem. What is your opinion ?

Cheers..Joe

The radio people are “what ifing” this subject. Here is what some have said;

“500,000 Jews would lose their homes, and land.”
“The terrorist would look at it as a weakness, and attack more.”
“The Jews have the right to keep what they took.”

No one has asked…”What about those who lost everything when the Jews took over their territory?”

It was a bold move on the President. The American people are spending billions each year in support of Israel. I think Obama is correct. America has a heavy stake in the trouble in the area. Someone has to back down somewhere.
My feelings? No one will back down. It will not get better.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:59 am

Right on, Diane. It will take a very bold stance. Polticians have been hesitant to do much about it because it is political suicide.
As with most difficult issues, there are two sides. From what I hear in the news, it is lopsided. We talk about human rights, we talk about the rule of law, we talk about justice, but with this issue, it is just more talk. We say, we can't force a settlement, that the parties have to work out things among themselves. That stance hasn't worked and there is no reason to think that it ever will. Enforcing existing resolutions is a good way to end the stalemate and save lives.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:42 am

In a word, "Yes." There is no way this thing is going to end without some compromises. Having two separate states is the only solution, and that means Israel must give some ground. I still take a firm stand that Israel has as much right to be there as the Palestinians. Back during the early 20th century, both groups were promised the same land, and the world has been in a struggle over it ever since. If both sides would agree to splitting the area into two separate countries, with definite boundaries, peace might be achieved once and for all.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:00 am

5/21/2011

We'll the only solution is to split the land 50% to 50%,
that way everyone gets half, then again it may turn
into a nasty war....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:20 am

Yes, Joe, it might. What is most important to the outcome is the recognition of the other's perspective as being valid. Without that, all attempts at peace-making are bound to fail.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:44 am

5/21/2011

Ann..

For the past fifty years I've seen these two groups
don't get along and have such a hatred for each
other, then again I don't believe that's the majority.
I believe if you get rid of the politicians and let
regular people sit down from both sides I bet you
they would want peace...Oh yes your book sounds
very interesting, keep it up..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:55 am

Peace in the Middle East?

That would take compromise. Neither side is capable of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:03 am

Not in our lifetime, Alice.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:34 am

Anyone ever suggest a board of arbitration to settle the issue? They would have to sign on to accept the decision of the board? The UN tried to act in that capacity, however the decisions were never enforced. There are extremests on both sides. We saw what happened at Camp David. The leaders agreed and then reneged on their agreement. Remember what happened to Prime Minster Rabin? He was assassinated by his own people when he tried to implement a peace agreement. I think that many people on both sides want peace, however it is the extremists that don't want it. The leaders often fear for their lives. Having a third party, like an arbitration board to settle the situation would be a safer way to go. It also keeps it out of politics.

For anyone interested in the issues. The following webside can provide indepth information, pro and con. http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?    SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOULD ISRAEL GIVE UP IT'S BORDERS FROM 1967 ?
Page 1 of 1