Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Interesting Link

Go down 
+2
Domenic Pappalardo
alj
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dday50627
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
dday50627

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Interesting Link - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:06 am

A fabulous answer. Your words cause me to write a bit more, if you don't mind. I do think that different cultures believe in the same God. It depends on their teachings and life. By this I mean, some believe that God is all being. The trees, the sun, the air that we breathe are all part of our God. True in that he is omnificent and omni-present. The Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.
I think that as long as the belief that Jesus came to earth and died that we might all be forgiven and have ever-lasting life, then we serve the same God. Not being about a "religion" but a shared belief. I think that if we take a portion from the doctrines that are taught, we form a better belief. Not a belief based on one man's interputation but on a many membered body. The bible itself tells us he gave us apostle, prophets, preachers, teachers and evangelists fot the edification of the church.
Right here, in the midst of Published Authors is a diverse people, all seeing different interpitations of the Word, but serving and believing in our Father God and his Son, Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://darrel-day.blogspot.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:09 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
Many believe in a God. Some think we all believe in the same God. Some think everything is God…even trees. I have a good friend who believes in God, he is Muslim. He said to me, “Domenic, we believe in the same God. There is only one.”
“No,” I replied, “we do not believe in the same God.”
“There is only one,” he smiled.
“My God has a son,” I said. "Your God does not.”

I like this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:18 am

My God has a name. It is not tree, bush, space, grass, water, nor me.

Many call him God. God is a title, not a name. I will give anyone on this forum a check for $100,000.
If the person is a male, I will make the check of to..."The man."
If a female, "Women."
If anyone can cash it, it's yours.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:24 am

Ny God has a Son and the Son is a God also.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:27 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
My God has a name. It is not tree, bush, space, grass, water, nor me.

Many call him God. God is a title, not a name. I will give anyone on this forum a check for $100,000.
If the person is a male, I will make the check of to..."The man."
If a female, "Women."
If anyone can cash it, it's yours.

What is your God's name?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:03 am

Sounds much like kids on a playground. "My God is better than yours." My God can beat up your God."

God!

Is there one God or many? If one, what's the problem? Is the problem that people worship him differently? Is it how you communicate with God? Do you need someone to intercede for you or can you dial direct?
Back to top Go down
dday50627
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
dday50627

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:06 am

A direct line to him, via prayer and worship.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:28 am

1cor 8:5 states, "There are many GODS, and many LORDS." there is only one true God, and he has a name. That name has been removed from the bible. It is in the Scrolls about 7,000 times. Some of the King James show it once in Psalms 83:18.

There is no direct line to God. Jesus said not to pray to him, but to the father, through him.

If it's okay to believe and serve God anyway one wants, than what God says means nothing.
My Spelling, and Grammar are in dire need of work, but my reading ability needs no help.
Back to top Go down
dday50627
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
dday50627

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:39 am

i think i will gracefully bow out of this now. to argue how we worship is time wasted . Save I know God is God and Jesus is my savior...
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:47 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Sounds much like kids on a playground. "My God is better than yours." My God can beat up your God."

God!

Is there one God or many? If one, what's the problem? Is the problem that people worship him differently? Is it how you communicate with God? Do you need someone to intercede for you or can you dial direct?

I did not mean to come across like this.

I believe in the Trinity. I am not infallible. God is.

God has been very good to me and I do not need for anyone to agree with me.

I do worship Him differently. I go to church on Saturday as opposed to Sunday.

I feel people do what they think is right and do not wish to impose my views on others.

Our view of God is personal.

God is good!

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:58 am

The most interesting topics are those we may not discuss without becoming emotional: religion, politics, sex, and gender issues. Yet, these are the topics that separate us often because of minds that are closed.

My belief is that it is fine to state our beliefs and values. A choice to follow those beliefs and values is personal and should be by attraction, not coercion.

Once we close our mind to new information, we confirm our absolute beliefs by how we read and the people who believe the same.

Many religions read the Bible with different interpretations, emphasizing those pieces that apply to their belief system and filling in between the lines. I've often wondered what Christ would think of the cathedrals built in his honor; I tend to think he wouldn't be as impressed as those who built them believed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Sorry, if this sounds redundant, but I agree with DK.

When I walk in the forest, I see God's handiwork. I see it in every life form. I can communicate with this Universal spirit "God" with thought. I feel love. I don't need a book to repeat fancy words or make profound statements. I don't have to impress anyone with how I communicate with this spirit. I am. If I am a child of God, then I have the power of God. I'm still evolving and haven't learned how to use that power.
A child does the most learning because it asks the most questions. I'm still asking questions and seeking answers. There is much more to experience. Life is a journey full of adventure. I don't want my journey to end just yet, I have so much more to learn. Until I know how to communicate with my fellow man through thought, I'll have to use verbal and written communication.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:56 pm

We all experience God differently.
That is good.
I think He reveals Himself to us differently.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Link   Interesting Link - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Link
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2