Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Golden Day

Go down 
+8
Al Stevens
alj
dkchristi
alice
Shelagh
joefrank
LC
Abe F. March
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A Golden Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:22 am

A Golden Day - Page 2 Img_0413

Duane and Christine singing "Happy Anniversary"
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:33 am

A Golden Day - Page 2 50th_a13

Telling my Story
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:34 am

5/8/2011

Abe...

Great Photos..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:36 am

A Golden Day - Page 2 50th_a14

Family present at the event.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:18 am

A twinge of jealousy.

Gisela’s childhood friend was present. She asked, “Do you remember Heiner and when he proposed to you?” That got my attention. She remembered. She also said that most of her school friends were dead. Someone asked, “Is Heiner still alive?” Without any thought I exclamined, “Not for long.” That caused much laughter.
Afterwards, I realized that I was jealous, and that it was not a bad thing at my age.
Before leaving the brewery restaurant, I talked with the good looking lady (co-owner) of the place and asked if it was okay to pay tomorrow or the next day. She took my hands in hers, looked me in the eyes and said, “Of course, whenever you want.” My daughter was standing next to me and said, “I think Maria was coming on to you.” I replied. "Perhaps, and it felt good." Then she told her mother about the incident and said, “You better watch out for Maria. I think she’s got a thing for dad.”
Gisela laughed, but I sensed it was a bit forced. That was also satisfying. A twinge of jealousy is not all bad.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:05 am

History is full of those who have done great deeds. Their statues, and monuments to them are everywhere. You have done better my friend…you just don’t know it.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:56 am

Well sung Abe you should be on x factor or American idol. Wink
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:50 am

Wow, with fans like you, I may have done better singing, than writing.

Thank you all for the comments. It made me feel very good. The tribute for the song being on UTube goes to Shelagh, a real gem.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:52 am

Just polishing my halo. A Golden Day - Page 2 976521
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:20 am

Save the polish. Something that is used often, doesn't need much polish.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:23 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:44 am

dmondeo wrote:
Well sung Abe you should be on x factor or American idol. Wink

That is flattering, but I don't think I could qualify, unless they had a special program for old folks. Even then it would be a stretch.

My daughter, Christine may have a chance. Have you listened to her singing, "Amazing Grace" on Utube? That is a serious song. When she sings more popular tunes - fun songs, as she did last evening, she becomes very animated.

This past week brought back many memories. Reminiscing about the good times is uplifting. And then to top that off, receiving great comments as was done on this forum, the frosting on the cake.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:54 am

Great pictures -looks like a Hale and Farewell going on!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Abe,

Wonderful singing, beautiful wife and children, Congratulations on fifty years very well spent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:00 am

My son took a message written by Cicero, translated it from Latin into English and German and read it at our Anniversary celebration.
Thought you might enjoy it. We did.
To my Parents on their 50th Anniversary

In a world in which the family's role in our society has to compete with youth culture, social networks and mass entertainment, the virtues of a stable, nurturing and loving family become all the more obvious.

I count myself among those happy people who have known the love and support of two remarkable people.

My parents accompanied me during the most important and memorable years of my life.

My father's career provided my young years with excitement, adventure and new experiences.

He inspired me with his example of honesty, honor and hard work.

My mother provided the security and stability that enabled me to adjust to and benefit from my experiences.

She inspired me with a love of learning and curiosity.

I am a product not only of their love for me, but also of their own teamwork and mutual loyalty.

Mom, Dad, I am profoundly grateful that you are my parents.

I am also fortunate that I am still able to warm myself with your love.

I cannot - and do not wish - to imagine life without you.

Your son,
Duane

Matri patrique meo

Ego omni officio ac potius pietate erga te ceteris satis facio omnibus, mihi ipse numquam satis facio; tanta enim magnitudo est tuorum erga me meritorum, ut, quod tu nisi perfecta re de me non conquiesti, ego quia non idem in tua causa efficio, vitam mihi esse acerbam putem.

"As far as everyone else is concerned, I fulfill every claim of duty, or rather affection, owed to you. As far as I'm concerned, I do not do enough; for such is the magnitude of your services to me that, because you rested only after my affairs were brought to a successful conclusion, and I am not able to do the same in your cause, I for my part consider life painful."

So weit es allen anderen angeht, erfülle ich jeden euch geschuldeten Anspruch der Pflicht, oder besser gesagt, Liebe. So weit es mich betrifft aber, tue ich nicht genug;
So ist das Ausmaß von Allem, was ihr für mich getan habt, weil ihr nur dann gerastet habt, nachdem ich meine Affären erfolgreich erledigt habe, und da ich nicht fähig gewesen bin, genau dasselbe in eurer Sache zu leisten, betrachte ich mein leben im Vergleich als schmerzlich.

M. Tullius Cicero
to P. Cornelius Lentulus Spinther proconsul
Epistulae ad familiares I.1
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:39 am

Beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Day   A Golden Day - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Golden Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2