Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Happy Father's Day!

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
zadaconnaway
Brenda Hill
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Happy Father's Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 10:30 am

Happy Special Day to all the fathers here. Happy Father's Day! 846271

If you support and love your child, you’re special. Never let any supposed trend in society lessen the importance of a strong, loving father in the family. It’s the role model a boy follows on his road to manhood, and it’s the first important male figure a girl has in her life. If you love your child, your child will be able to love others.

If you’re this type of father, I honor you today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:22 am

I heartily agreee, Brenda. Also, Uncles and other males who step up to the plate for absent fathers should be honored in kind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:51 am

I agree, Zada. And step-fathers as well. It doesn't matter to a child if the parent or parent-figure is by blood or love. It's the love that counts.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 12:57 pm

So very true. There have been many 'father figures' in my life, although they might have been offended by the idea. (some wanted to be more) They were all very dear to me, taught me much, and then passed on. I wish they had known how much they meant to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:15 pm

I have a rare opportunity to be with my daughter in Virginia and my two grandkids. My grand daughter, age 8, got a card for her father. It says: "Dad, on Father's Day" (Then there is a button pin that says 'I'm the boss"). "Wear this button to show your position of authority in the family!"
(On the inside of the card it says,) "But don't forget to give it back to Mom tomorrow! Happy Father's Day" Love, Natalie.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Great card, Abe. I got a similar one from Jackie. Today "I rule," but just wait until tomorrow.
king
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Brenda Hill wrote:
I agree, Zada. And step-fathers as well. It doesn't matter to a child if the parent or parent-figure is by blood or love. It's the love that counts.

I love my Dad.
My husband is a wonderful man.
My son is a very good father to his boys.

But it was my stepfather (he's gone now) who taught me what to look for in husband and what kind of values I wanted to instill in my own son.
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:11 pm

And for me, it was my step-grandfather. It was to him I took my first steps. When I had to leave my grandparents' home, I actually grew so ill the doctors thought I was going to die.

He taught me to read, to appreciate music by playing operas and symphanies and pointed out the different instruments. He crooned to me when I fell and skinned something, and sang me to sleep after a nightmare.

He was big and strong and a show-off. One of his favorite stunts was to squat and hold out his arms and have my mother sit on one arm and my grandmother on the other, then he'd rise to a standing position while balancing both women. We'd all squeal and admire his muscles and he'd laugh like it was the greatest fun.

One day a pregnant stray cat wandered into our yard and gave birth under the front porch. She died shortly after, and my, big, strong, step-grandfather went to town and bought some doll bottles, adjusted them so he could feed those tiny kittens and keep them alive until they were old enough to give away. I adored him.

My step-grandfather, Arthur. He loved me when my own father didn't.
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:36 pm

My father in 1941. He joined the Army as soon as he could. Wound up in the Philippines for the duration. I was born in 1943.

Happy Father's Day! PhillipWhitleySrArmy

He died in 1974 at the age of 52

Here's to you, Dad
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:50 pm

I wrote this for the funeral card for my father who died in 1995. I miss him.

Precious Memories of Charles Ames Grant

A quiet, sincere, gentle, strong-willed man with a subtle sense of humor. A spiritual man sending prayer after prayer to see his family through difficulties and doing his part to make family miracles occur. Patriotic, raising the flag outside his home in later years with the help of his fishing pole. (Having to visit the emergency room when he forgot to take the hook off the line first.) Conservative in dress and style except for one uproarious night doing the can-can in a church production. An engineer by trade, always observant, always listening, and interested in the small details of life. Skillful at golf. (Probably partly due to his Scotch and English heritage.) A gardener. A feeder and watcher of birds, maybe because he understood the meaning of singing and did so even on his last day as he joined us in the song “Alleluia.” Loving master of his Sheltie friends: Fudge, Angel, and Vicky. Unending, inspiring love for his wife, family and friends that will endure forever.

Love, Carol

heart heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day!   Happy Father's Day! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Father's Day!
Page 1 of 1