Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity

Go down 
+5
Pam
alice
Al Stevens
dkchristi
mpride1122
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mpride1122
One Star Member
One Star Member
mpride1122

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity Empty
PostSubject: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:46 am

There are enough issues and differences in policy in America to debate the U.S. President in the upcoming campaign for the Presidency in 2012 without abandoning sensibility by questioning his origin of birth or preference of religion. These two topics distract from the real issues the majority of thoughtful Americans care to understand. If GOP politicians persist in discussing these fringe issues, it will only strengthen the President's disposition because it will only make the opposition seem more frantic, desperate, and mean-spirited. Simply put, no President in the history of the United States has ever had to provide their birth certificate to prove their citizenship, and to insinuate that THIS president must PROVE his birth right citizenship to be a legitimate candidate for the presidency is insulting on principle and unreasonably suspicious of a man "unlike" the rest (and yes- I mean race).

I for one hope that President Barack Hussein Obama never shows his birth certificate.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 am

Isn't it interesting how hate mongering and appealing to emotions is the best people can do in their desire to unseat the current administration? Other than the stupidity on the sidelines, I have been a proud citizen of the U.S. since President Obama was elected. I can't say I have been equally proud of the citizens or even my friends. It seems to me we need to be looking at who is serving as our "representatives" in Congress. Are the citizens of this country really "represented?" I don't think so.

For the sake of ratings, political commentators and "cult of the personality" people such as Palin and Trump get a groupee following for ideas that have not merit or factual base. They appeal to the base emotions of bigotry and fear, present in even the most liberal (it is natural to fear the unknown; intelligence and education provides the ability to rise above ignorance and seek truth from facts instead of emotional, blind faith appeal.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 am

What's the big deal? This has been available for a long time. Birthers simply ignore it so the gullible will believe their lies.

Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity Birth10
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 am

Thank you, all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

Can you imagine; I saw a thing with Trump who said the Certificate of Live Birth was not a birth certificate; that it could be a fake. What a jerk. Remember, he didn't become wealthy by his own intelligence; he became wealthy because he had his daddy's money to play with and take chances. He has failed many times; he just always had the name and money to get new loans and new backing to rise above his failures.

On the other hand, he knows how to appeal to the ignorant and ill-informed. I guess that's a skill that works well in this country. People will believe anything that feeds their own personal blinders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Trump doesn't get to tell Hawaii how to certify births.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:06 pm

If you really want to get involved in some fun campaign activity, the Canadian national (English) debates are starting right now and will be live streamed on CBC television's website (cbc.ca). Since we Canuck's are crazy about hockey the French debate had to be rescheduled because the Montreal Canadiens have their first playoff game the night it was originally scheduled, and it's the same people watching hockey that would watch the debates, no doubt. Oh Canada!
Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity 614331
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 pm

4/12/2012

I really don't care about his birth certificate ! All I care about is
how is this country going to fix itself before we all get flushed
down the toilet by congress ! Evidently they don't give a dam
about the so called middle class who's getting to be known as
the poor class...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:01 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:48 pm

No taxation without representation dates back to 1750. Perhaps it needs a form of activation.
I wonder what would happen if we refused to pay our taxes by claiming that our views and needs are not being represented?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 am

Some interesting data here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/04/trumps-birther-libel-and-american-history/237217/

Quote :
Consider that, in 2008, one of the two major-party candidates actually was not born in the United States. That was John McCain, the child of American citizens born in the Canal Zone. Scholars debated the issue
in decorous fashion, but no serious buzz gathered around a suggestion
that McCain was not a "natural-born citizen" as required by Article II.
Instead, the whispers gathered around Barack Obama, who, as anyone but
liars and lunatics now knows, was born in the United States.....
I find myself wishing Obama had been born in Kenya. If he had, he'd
still be eligible to be president. Article II does not require the
president to have been born in the United States; it requires him or her
to be a "natural-born citizen." That term is not defined in the
document; but at the time of the framing, at least four British statutes
made clear that children born abroad to British parents were
"natural-born" subjects of the Crown. The first Congress after adoption
of the Constitution passed a statute using the same language. The
citizenship statutes in force in 1961 guaranteed the citizenship of any
child born abroad to one American parent who had resided in the U.S. for
two years after the age of 14.
Even had Stanley Ann Dunham somehow
teleported herself from Honolulu to Mombasa while in labor (which, for
those "birthers" still puzzling out the big words in this article, she
did not), her child would still be a "natural-born" citizen, as eligible
to serve as John McCain

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 am

4/13/2011

Abe..

We'd all be in prison ! I've said for decades, we have
taxation without representation. "We The People, For The People,
By The People !" They seem to forget this phrase...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 am

We ought to revolt against the continuous political campaigns and polls. So, so sick of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity   Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity Empty

Back to top Go down

Pending American Presidential Campaign Absurdity
Page 1 of 1