Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

3/8/2011

Should the USA get involved in the Lybia conflict ? I say " NO !"
We can't afford to be in another war ! What are your thoughts ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

My thoughts are: Stop using oil. Every political move in the Middle East is predicated by their control of the oil. Not just the Middle East. It's time we bit the bullet we have created for ourselves and learn to live differently. We can afford rapid transit if we are not at war. We can afford universal health care and research based education. We can put the nation to work in infrastructure projects and fund innovation centers and small business expansion.

Some day, not in our time, oil will be as useless as Confederate money. Let them fight their own battles. If we don't buy their oil, then they'll be the problem for China and other developing countries who still use their oil.

But every political move in this country is controlled by global industry and money. Follow the money. Ffollow the political contributions. Follow the perks. Follow the hidden assets and and bank accounts. There's only one reason we go to war: money. I'm tired of the killing and the maiming. I'm tired of the expense. I'm tired of the blood on our hands.

But that's me. So long as the world is run by testosterone, there will be wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:22 pm

3/8/2011

Maybe we should give up our cars, use horses and buggies or
ride a horse ( always wanted one.) Heat our homes like they
use to in the Colonial days, a fireplace in every room and
heavy goose down comforters. Oil lamps for light at night, I
have one in case of black outs, very handy. I've said before
this problem should have been solved 32 years ago, but no the
politicians don't want it that way, I'm sure their in on the take.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree. Quit the dependence on foreign oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

If we stopped using oil, we'd have to get our energy some other way. In New Zealand they were using solar power from the sun and thermal power from the earth in the 1970's.

Sailboats use wind power to generate enough power for their batteries. We collected rainwater to drink and bathe. My friend lived in the islands and they had a cistern that collected water.

The Dutch used windmills to move water for irrigation among other things.

While it was dangerous, the Koreans used their fireplaces at one end of the house and ran tiles under the main floor to heat it in winter, with the chimney at the other end.

I'm not promoting a return to fireplaces (though many people have to save on the cost of fuel) or cisterns. I am saying that people can figure out another way to meet their energy needs without oil if oil is no longer to easy to obtain.

I am sure there are many ways already that oil companies are hanging onto the patents to prevent their interfering with the cash cow.

Every house built in the southern states should be required to have solar panels. It's a rare day when the sun doesn't shine in Florida. Florida needs rapid transit and improved public transportation to connect its major cities. There needs to be more telecommuting. Education needs to be in neighborhoods to eliminate busses to and from school. Students need to walk and ride bikes to school like I did. With appropriate use of technology, comprehensive schools are no longer required in order to provide a diverse curricula.

There's more. Perhaps someone else can add to the list of possibilities that take us away from oil and toward independence from wars to protect oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Alternative energy sources is our best hope, and they exist as pointed out by DK.

Should we get involved in Libya. Definitely not. Haven't we learned anything from our past actions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?   SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ? Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOULD THE USA GET INVOLVED WITH LIBYA CONFLICT ?
Page 1 of 1