Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Do you believe in miracles?

Go down 
+8
Helen Wisocki
James
dmondeo
Abe F. March
alice
Betty Fasig
joefrank
dkchristi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Do you believe in miracles? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Do you believe in miracles, or is all of life merely coincidental? I have often had discussions with friends on this topic and some of us feel that we have experienced miracles often, some seldom and some not at all. For some, miracles include everything special; for others, miracles are reserved for the big things. How about you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:51 pm

12/27/2010

Yes , I believe in angels ! Have you ver had happen when
an inner voice tells you don't go this way ? Then later you
hear there was a terrible accident, I believe your angel is
protecting you from harm.....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Dear Diane,
I believe.
I suppose that somewhere down the eons of ages there will be a scientific explaination for every thing. That does not alter my belief that life it's self is the miracle. Not just mine, but every life right down to the atoms that make up the air we breathe.

It is hard to look at a portion of the design of something and comprehend the whole. I think that is where we are.. a small portion of the picture. Looking at the parts and not able to comprehend the whole. What is that elephant story?

I think that it is necessary for us to not comprehend the whole to be able to live in this life with hope and courage.

People are so hyped to think that a miracle is somthing like walking on water or zapping someone to health to appreciate that the miracle we all share is life, one day after another.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:28 pm

I believe in miracles. That is why I pray.
If I can do a thing, I do it. if I can't I ask God to do it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Betty,
I think your perspective is a good one.
I believe we become what we think about most of the time. I also believe we help create miracles by the power of the mind. I believe that the source of that power is a oneness with the universe. We are not in the universe so much as the universe is in us. Tapping into that source gives us power, and things happen as with so-called miracles. One can give it a name, God or whatever, but the source is the same. We're all connected to it. To use it for good or evil, or even to recognize it exists is something personal.

I just finished reading a manuscript that has taken me on a spiritual journey. It is not about religion. If/when it is published, I want a copy of that book. I want to underline passages and refer to them often. That is another reason I like a book in my hand to read and not reading from a monitor. My eyes suffer when looking at a monitor for an extended period of time.

We all have preferences. Mine is a book I can hold in my hands. A good book that I can re-read or reference when needed. The author spends much time putting words/thoughts on paper. The soul/mind of the author is often exposed in a book. Sometimes we agree or disagree with what the author writes, but I believe there is always another perspective to consider, especially thoughts about the world we live in, our existence in this world, and what happens next.
I believe the next life will be another adventure.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:39 am

One night I awoke from sleep and all I could see was the image of a dear friend and had a sense of urgency to phone him. This was 2am in the morning.
I had also awoken my dear wife who encouraged me to follow my feelings, so I made the phone call, I just had the urge to tell the truth about why I was calling so I did. He was honest in return and it turned out that he had just been contemplating commiting suicide that night.
My Phone call stopped him.
That to me is a miracle and it proved without a doubt that there is more to life than science would have you believe.
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 am

Yes I believe in miracles. And I believe in angels! There is a passage in the Book of Enoch that reads (in part)
Quote :
according to the number of the angels, and (how) they keep faith with each other.
I read this to mean (and I live by this) that if we open our heart and mind to the angels than they (according to the number we allow) will keep faith with each other and with us.

James
/
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:52 am

Intuition? The important part is that you acted on that inner feeling. I can only imagine how you must feel to have helped save a life.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 am

David,

How wonderful!
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 am

It was a strange night that's for sure.
Not long after that we were in London visiting friends, we were all sitting in their front room chating when as I looked at my friends Wifes face I saw a picture of a black pram (baby carriage). Acting on an urge inside I mentioned this, she sat in shock with tears running down her face and recounted a story of when as a child she was made to look after her baby sister who slept in the black Pram an unfortunate accident occured while pushing the pram across the street and the child died.
It was not this young ladies fault but her mother blamed her and never forgave her. The visit ended possitivley as she had never told anyone this story and telling us and hearing our view of how she was not to blame somehow set her free.

I have dreaded getting these pictures ever since as you can imagine.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:24 am

David, that's a true miracle!

My family was recently granted a miracle when last month, the doctor told us that my mother was in pain and there was no chance of her recovering from pneumonia. He told us to take out the breathing tube to let her go in peace. But my sisters wanted to give her another day, and my mother woke up to her family priest's voice. Her lungs were almost totally clear the next day. My family arrived all week for a funeral, but instead were blessed with a huge family reunion to celebrate the miracle of extended life for my 91-year-old mother.

Yes, I do believe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 am

Helen,

You asked us to pray for her on Facebook and God worked. I am hoping He will do the same for my dear mother-in-law. She fell again yesterday and broke another hip. They are pinning it today.

Also our son-in-law is to undergo cancer surgery on the 3rd of January. We need miracles
just now.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:44 am

When a prayer is answered, it feels like a miracle. What is it when the prayers are not answered as we wish?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 pm

My prayers are with the understanding that God knows best.
Therefore if I get a different answer, I chalk it up to the wisdom of God.

Last edited by alice on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:06 pm

I think that our prayers are always answered, but not always in the way that we hope.

Alice, I will pray for a positive miracle for your mother-in-law and son-in-law. And hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we wish.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Helen Wisocki wrote:
I think that our prayers are always answered, but not always in the way that we hope.

Alice, I will pray for a positive miracle for your mother-in-law and son-in-law. And hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we wish.

Thank you,. Helen.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:54 pm

It's a miracle only until you know how the trick is done.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:01 pm

The first miracle has occurred. Wonderful mother-in-law is out of surgery and did great.
They only had to pin the hip--not replace it.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:20 am

Yay! And on to the next miracle! Great news, Alice!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 am

Helen Wisocki wrote:
Yay! And on to the next miracle! Great news, Alice!

Thank you Helen, for your prayers. It helps to know there is a fellow believer asking also.
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:12 pm

I absoulutely believe in miracles and angels.
I don't mind not being able to explain everything. I like it.
Mystery adds magic to my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Yes. The fact a lazy fat guy like me can get to where I am in life is a miracle, and proof of god. That's what I told my priest once.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I tend to vary in my beliefs. Sometimes I fear all of life is just the result of getting set in motion by all that cosmic explosion stuff and we are as insignificant as any other animal that lives and dies and returns to the earth.

Then, something magical happens that is totally spiritual and special and feels like it comes from a power in the universe that might have organized this universe and others and given us that inexplicable part of our being we label "soul." I can't believe that such a power would answer a simple prayer by someone so insignificant as me; yet, my church teaches that every thought is a prayer heard by that spiritual presence and weighed in the big scheme of things.

I have experienced the miracle of my son's birth and my ability to nourish him from my own body, an experience no other has matched. I have experienced the miracle of terror that disappeared and was replaced with an unexplainable calm just from prayer, circumstances unchanged.

I experienced the miracle of my stepfather being taken off life support, certain death; and then a rally of three months during which he was reconciled with his children who never previously forgave him for the divorce. They brought his unseen grandchildren to his bedside and forgave my mother whom they blamed. They met their half brother at the funeral and all was well.

I experienced the miracle of finding a lost document that turned the tide of a court matter where I was accused of forging a copy of a non-existent document. It was found because I was working late, a colleague insisted I needed to find something for her when I begged off because of the horrid court the next day; but she was so insistent I went to archived files and there, between unmarked folders, was the original note that proved my copy was not a forgery. Was she my angel?

I experienced a miracle when our sailboat without diesel fuel had made a navigational error in auto pilot and unknown to us we were headed for the distant Atlantic open waters instead of the needed harbor until my son saw a dim light from a church steeple with a bell high on a hill behind us. We turned and found safe harbor. We climbed to the steeple the next day and prayed. Did an angel lead us to the safe harbor?

Other times, the very same "miracles" could have ended differently. I might not have had a wonderful child; I might not have called my friend who contacted my stepfather's children to tell them his situation; I might not have found the document; we might have been lost at sea. Why did I receive those miracles? I've asked for so many others that have not been granted...
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:02 am

If everyones prayers were answered the world would be worse than it is now.
Imagine the gruesome resolutuions to some peoples requests.
We would mostly all be rich hardly anyone would die.
Chaos would reign.
Some say that we don't always get our prayers answered because we don't always pray for the right things.
I think myself that there is a higher wisdom that keeps things in balance to prevent chaos.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:07 am

I agree with David.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in miracles?    Do you believe in miracles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in miracles?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next