Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?

Go down 
+4
LC
Betty Fasig
Shelagh
joefrank
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? Empty
PostSubject: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:28 pm

10/4/2010

There's been a severe warning yesterday and today
for Americans living and visiting Europe to be careful ,
I've read in several reports people should keep away
from the usual tourists sites. Now I read the nuts may
have on their hit list the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dam !
These terrorists are nuts !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Terrorists have always existed. In the past, they were confined within their own countries. Now they can operate around the world. We lock our doors to protect ourselves from criminals within our own communities. National security has to "lock doors" to protect citizens from outside, foreign interference.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm

10/4/2010

Shelagh..

We're living in tough times, I just wish for once in
my lifetime people would drop all barriers, color, religions
and get along , after all we are all the same human beings
and we all have the same souls, then again their are people
out their who don't see it that way and they don't care who
they hurt....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Dear Joe,
War and hate are big business. It has always been so with governments and propaganda keeps the ball rolling.
What it will take for world peace is for every person to actually think this all out for themself. That is not likely to happen. Everyone is plugged into the news to hear what they are supposed to think and how they are supposed to react.

Truth is alway the answer to freedom. Truth is a nebulous term. Always has been. That is how fear works. That little bit of doubt and fear of what we cannot control jacked up and manipulated by the persons in power.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Shelagh wrote:
National security has to "lock doors" to protect citizens from outside, foreign interference.

Anyone who says that here is met with accusations of "racism" and irrelevant speeches about how "we're all immigrants and they're just looking for a better life."

The multicultural chickens are coming home to roost.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Fear is a powerful weapon. It is most often instilled by threats and is not limited to terrorists. It even exists in the church.

Roosevelt stated it well when he said: "The only thing to fear is fear itself."
Being a fatalist may be the answer.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 am

Years ago, not long after I married, I was playing bridge one evening, and a new friend who was new to our community talked about her feelings of stress with the leadership of the church she was attending. She said, "Back home, the church in our parish focused on the love of God; here they teach a fear of hell." My friend was Roman Catholic, but I was beginning a process of learning that this difference was a defining factor in Protestant denominations of Christianity as well. I now realize that it is a factor in any religious group, as well as with any individuals withing a group.

In the western mindset, anyway, most often unconsciously, our greatest fear is that fear of hell. Our need for feeling secure and safe can lead us into doing things that can condemn, not just ourselves, but everyone, to living in a hell right here on earth. All we need is a shift in where we focus our attention. What we perceive becomes our reality.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:44 am

WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? 950944
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:10 pm

I was in England when they were in fear of the subway bomber.
My daughter obviously was unfazed.

She discovered a package under one of the dislpays in Harrod's and began to kck it and ask "What is this?"

I advised her to stop kicking it and report it--she did -- it was nothing dangerous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I was in Virginia working at Langley during the Cuban Missile Crisis. We all figured we'd be cinders in a short time. Nuclear war with Russia was inevitable, and the DC area would be one of the first targets.

I had a new daughter, Sharon Ruth, only two days old. I looked at her as she slept in her hospital crib and was saddened that she'd never know much more.

The fear was overcome by the sadness in the knowledge that we, the human race, had done this to ourselves, and that because of it, this beautiful baby girl would have to pay for it with her life. We brought her home, and I held her and rocked her to sleep every night that I wasn't on duty. As I watched out the window for the first flash, I wondered if I could give her maybe an extra second of life by shielding her with my body.

It was a horrendous couple of weeks. God-awful. Mankind at his worst.

Sharon Ruth Stevens will be 48 on Tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=754188346
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:30 pm

I've never worried about nuclear war or terrorists attacks, and still don't. If it happens, it happens, nothing I can do about it. I've actually been more worried about space aliens ever since Stephen Hawking had that interview where he said interstellar contact would be dangerous since they might want to colonize us. lol.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Al,
your story may compliment Carol's story about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

As for safety, one must be careful when crossing the street. Not all cars stop at red lights. I don't intend to change my travel plans scheduled for next month, but I don't think it is prudent to give a date.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 am

Abe is right.

Crossing the street is very dangerous and especially in a cross walk. One expects the cars to stop and they don't always do so. One day at work I was waiting to cross the street. A man saw the light change and stepped out to cross the street. When he heard my scream, he stopped and watched a car whiz by. "Thank you," he said.

Watch out for the usual, mundane things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?   WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHY GO TO EUROPE AND NOT SEE THE SITES ?
Page 1 of 1