Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Do you have a good luck charm?

Go down 
+4
alj
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
LC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Do you have a good luck charm? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am

I have a gold, bamboo ring. I wear it on a long chain around my neck. I did wear it on my little finger but feared losing it or having it break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:26 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:46 am

The gold ring was the inspiration for Arirang: The Bamboo Connection. It is an integral thread that ties the adventures together from the beginning of the novel to the last word.

The inspiration for Ghost Orchid is the ghost orchid of Corkscrew swamp, also a symbol that flows through the entire story. Ghost orchids do not do well domestically; and I'm no green thumb, so the picture of my book in a poster is the best I can do for that one.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm

I have a small rock that I found in the yard. It was out of place here in Florida because Florida has no rocks like the one I found. Polished by many years of water flowing over it to a smoothness. I found it to be a peaceful thing. It is a dark red with yellow striations. My daughter said it was a chert.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I've been wracking my brain for an answer to this one. Surely there is something. Most of my stuff had gone to my children in one way or another.

After Bill and I divorced, I wanted a way to honor the diamond that had been my engagement ring. My dad had it made into a gold drop. I wore it for many years. I told Dave it would be his one day. After he had been dating Lyn a while, I wrote him and asked, "So, when should I send the diamond?"

"What do you mean?" he replied. "We hardly know each other. we aren't even thinking that way"

"Oh," I told him. "You will be."

A few weeks (maybe months) later he wrote back. "Are you serious about that diamond?"

He had it made into this lovely setting with tiny emerald cut sapphires on either side.

I guess it is their good luck charm now.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:30 pm

My husband of 15 years wanted his ring back...so he could give it to his new love. Wasn't worth discussion. My attorney was grateful and shocked that I didn't go into a fit over it. It had no meaning to me. It had monetary value. So did other things. She didn't get much of a life with him so I hope she enjoyed the ring. She did become a U.S. citizen, so I guess she accomplished her goal.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:45 am

I don't know if I would call it a good luck charm, but it's been in my pocket everyday since August 22, 1957, the day after I graduated from Ranger School.

Do you have a good luck charm? RangerCoin

It reminds me everyday how lucky I am to be alive.

Happiness is having been an Airborne Ranger and still being alive to brag about it!
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 pm

I am generally not superstitious, but I don't think I'd want a diamond from a marriage gone bad as my engagement ring. Of course, it might depend how big it was ...I'm always flexible, lol.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:30 pm

It was big...but I agree with you on priciple. I think I would trade it for a different one anyhow...
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 pm

I have a tiny stuffed bunny rabbit that rides with me in the car. My mother gave it to me for Easter over twenty years ago. It reminds me of the love and support of family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:51 pm

LC wrote:
I am generally not superstitious, but I don't think I'd want a diamond from a marriage gone bad as my engagement ring. Of course, it might depend how big it was ...I'm always flexible, lol.

The marriage wasn't all bad. At least three very good things came out of it.
Do you have a good luck charm? Murdersrow

That's Dave in the middle. He and Lyn would likely say the diamond has been a pretty good luck charm for them for the for the last 11 years so far. That's his daughter playing with her blocks in the den of their new home. As Dave commented on the picture, "She's very deprived."

Do you have a good luck charm? Jaycie%27s%20blocks2

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 am

I don't have a good luck charm.
And I don't have any jewelry/item that I am particularly attached to either.

Maybe because all my belongings (yes, everything, except three changes of clothes that I had in my suitcase) were stolen from me when I was thirteen, I learned to not become attached to things. Too easy for them to taken.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Dear JoElle,
You are right. Stuff cannot bring good luck. You are right, stuff floats and wavers and it is not always there. Sometimes the charm comes from within. It is a state of mind, an understanding of self, a projection of spirit. You are that.

I have no doubt that you are an elfen spirit in heart and projection and thought.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:47 pm

I've never had a good luck charm. About the closest I've come to wishing luck is to have crossed my fingers or knocked on wood. Not very charming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good luck charm?   Do you have a good luck charm? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a good luck charm?
Page 1 of 1