Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Those Russian spies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Those Russian spies Empty
PostSubject: Those Russian spies   Those Russian spies EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 am

Wondering how they're enjoying life back in the Motherland? Wondering if the Peruvian will find another Spanish-language mag to write for?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Those Russian spies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those Russian spies   Those Russian spies EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:19 pm

The United States is unique. I have been comfortable living in Germany and in South Korea, also on a yacht in the Caribbean. I was always grateful that I could return to the U.S. Just the knowledge that I could return, whether returning or not, is sufficient. So much of our experience with life is how we conceive it in our mind.

The human race is also adaptable. We tend to make the best of our circumstances. I'm sure they will find family connections, a different lifestyle, and challenging adjustments in general.

After five years in South Korea with a very elegant lifestyle, returning to the U.S. without a driver, a maid, a cook, a bodyguard for my son and no longer being treated like royalty took some adjustment. I also missed the protections I enjoyed from working for the military, surrounded by people who were polite and courteous and disciplined. I can't list all the differences that seemed like I had walked through a mirror and arrived in a different time warp. I went from special to ordinary in 22 hours. Yet, I wanted to prostrate myself on the earth, my earth, my country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Those Russian spies
Page 1 of 1