Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Off to Florida!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 am

In a few weeks, that is. We just made arrangments to go to Orlando for five days, the draw being the Harry Potter exhibit at Universal (not the July weather, lol). My kids grew up with those books, so even at 16 and 21, they're enthusiastic about seeing it. We'll also do some obligatory days at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

We're staying at the J.W. Marriott. I'm really looking forward to this, as we haven't been on a nice trip in two years. I wanted to go before the older kid leaves for China in Sept. I like vacationing with my kids. I know a lot of people who take great trips just as couples and leave the kids behind. I never got that. They work all week and then leave the kids behind on a vacation (or take them on a cheap one). I also don't get the mindset of people who plan to take all their great trips and do all their great stuff once the kids leave home. So much waiting.

Last edited by LC on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 am

Sounds delightful! We would go a lot when the kids were still kids. It's a great place - magical, even.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:00 am

Oh, we've been to Disneyworld before, and I agree, it's magical. My favorite Christmas ornaments are ones I bought there. One is a heavy, colorful crystal with Mickey inscribed in it. I feel like a bit of Disney magic is hanging on the tree.

Of course, being away from the park tends to dull the memories of The Lines. lol
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

Starting married life in Anaheim near Disneyworld and then the rest in Florida including Disney cruises - I'm pretty Disney'd out. I agree. We took our kids everywhere and enjoyed the world through their eyes.

Back to Disney. I was joking to a man in a rental car return trip that for my birthday I wanted to go on an African Safari; but for a few problems: I didn't want the long flight, I didn't have the vacation time and I didn't have the money.

I was trying to be "clever" and entertaining. He took me seriously and said, "I've been on African Safari's and have a better suggestion for you. If you follow my directions, you'll have as great an experience as me without leaving home."

I stayed at the African Safari Hotel with a view of "Africa" from my window at Disneyland. I was practically the first in line at the African Safari ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom in the misty morning. I was on the first safari car that left the station with only a few people on it, rain threatening. It was a foggy morning with sun trying to break through. The lion king awoke as we passed and called out to us as his bride also stood up beside him, within jumping distance to our vehicle. The rest of the animal kingdom was stirring and looking for breakfast, calling for attention. From hippo's to gazelle's; it felt like we could almost catch up to them. The wild life in natural habitat was an amazing feat of realism and practicality.

My experience was, indeed, phenomenol. I forgot to add, at that time, one Disney park was free on your birthday if you wore their "Birthday" button. The hotel discounted my room by the percent to equal my age. Everywhere in the park, their staff gave out genuine sounding "happy birthday" wishes. It was an absolutely grand day. By the end, it was pouring rain and I smiled while getting soaking wet as the "monsoon" swept across Africa.

I don't know if I could repeat the experience, but I followed every detail the gentleman suggested, not missing a beat. After he left the car the day we met, the driver told me he had a terminal illness, was alone, and was spending his last days traveling the world. This driver often picked him up or took him for airport flights. I had instructions from a person who knew travel well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:28 am

Have fun--I love Disney anything! Been to Disneyland and Euro Disney--never to DisneyWorld!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for the reminder about the Animal Kingdom park, we've been there and it was great, maybe we'll go again. I recall saying when we were there that it's the closest I'll probably ever get to a real African safari, and that's ok, because I don't want to sit on a plane that long, anyhow.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge had a fabulous buffett dinner. If they're still doing it, we'll def. hit that up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Off to Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off to Florida!   Off to Florida! Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to Florida!
Page 1 of 1