Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

New Video Poem    (and co-op promo "chapbook") Empty
PostSubject: New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")   New Video Poem    (and co-op promo "chapbook") EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 pm

My latest video poem. Different approach, since I was originally inspired to do something with Auth's drawings I saw on this site. Sifting through this remarkable work it came to me to use them as illustrations for a poem that continues a book length poem I work at sporadically, the great man. I turned again to Moderan for music, and as always happens, he had a piece perfect for this with transitions that just seem to fall in exactly the right place.
I made the video with Auth's art, structured it with Moderan's music, then wrote the words inspired by the visuals.
Don't try this at home. :-)

This is not a "trailer": it's a work of art; But the collaboration of three artists almost makes it a sort of "commercial" for all three of us, and there are three of us spreding it around. I think this is something to keep in mind for videos and promotional stuff.

THE GREAT MAN -- Hexagram 37

Anybpdy interested in what this poem is like, this link to a downloadble pdf brings it into a little better focus. (But without the cool drawings)

THE GREAT MAN -- Hexagram 1
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")   New Video Poem    (and co-op promo "chapbook") EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm

What a surprise! It is beautiful; the music is exceptional. The poetry and the art all fit well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")   New Video Poem    (and co-op promo "chapbook") EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Dear Lin,
Very well done all around. What time and syncronocity that must have taken. You are not jut another pretty face!

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")   New Video Poem    (and co-op promo "chapbook") Empty

Back to top Go down

New Video Poem (and co-op promo "chapbook")
Page 1 of 1