Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

An On Camera Book Video Promo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

An On Camera Book Video Promo Empty
PostSubject: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:30 pm

I have finally posted an on camera book promo. Here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJZP_pD-jA

Feedback is welcome.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm

I couldn't get any sound out of my computer - but it looked great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 pm

DT,

Nice job! You have a wonderful voice!

I found the lighting to be rather dark -- it was hard for me to get a good, clear image of the books. I'm wondering if a brighter light would illuminate the covers more. Just a thought. It might also be my computer. I use a laptop and have noticed that things look different on my computer at work than on my laptop.

One suggestion that I think would engage people who view the video would be to read an excerpt from the books. After you've grabbed my attention with an excerpt, then I would want to know where to purchase it and in what forms it is available. I like that you included that information. It might also work to have a large piece of paper with your website address on it, so people could visit your site and find out more information. It could sit right next to one of the books or make it long, so it sits below the books on the table and can be seen the entire time you are talking.

You can build free quickie videos at:
www.animoto.com
www.onetruemedia.com

The animoto site is only a 30 second spot *although you can pay for a longer spot. I think it's $3.00 for a 3 minute spot) and onetruemedia has limitations on their free videos, but they're fun to play around with. On my website I have three videos that I made through onetruemedia. These are not free because I wanted to add words to them, but you can also upload your own photos and you can make your own word photos with information about your book on them.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 pm

merri, you can make free videos without restriction right on your computer. If you use Windows XP or (God help you) VISTA you have MovieMaker. If you use Mac you have, or can get, iMovie.

WAY better vid-makers.

THere are acdtually even easier ways to go about it. My eManual gets into all that, including where to get free sounds and music and images and such http://adoroworks.com but it's not that hard to just figure out those programs.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:45 am

I've only just noticed! Congratulations Linton on becoming a five star member! An On Camera Book Video Promo 46482 An On Camera Book Video Promo 46482 An On Camera Book Video Promo 46482 An On Camera Book Video Promo 46482 An On Camera Book Video Promo 46482
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 am

I had no idea, Lin. I have Windows XP on both my work computer and my laptop at home. How did I not know that there is MovieMaker on it??? I can't wait to go check it out. Thanks, Lin!

Oh, and DT, the lighting was better on my work computer and I noticed your website listing popped up at the beginning on the left hand side of the screen. I hadn't noticed that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An On Camera Book Video Promo   An On Camera Book Video Promo Empty

Back to top Go down

An On Camera Book Video Promo
Page 1 of 1