Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian L Porter
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Brian L Porter

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red Empty
PostSubject: Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red   Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:54 am

Here's the latest review to appear on the Amazon.com (US) site. I particularly appreciate this lady's words as she appears to be something of a Ripper student who normally doesn't read fictional works on the subject. I read her other reviews of a number of ripper books and four stars appears to be her top rating for any of them
Regards to all

Brian

Worth it...., May 14, 2008
By Deborah K. Dobbins "Saucy" (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews

I usually don't like Jack the Ripper fiction works, but I found "A Study In Red: The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper" very different, yet sickeningly fascinating. I was unable to order my copy when it was first released so as you can imagine, I was very excited to order this work. Filled with illusion, I began reading and found a very exciting, suspenseful thriller. Dr. Cavendish speaks in the first person of a his fright filled days reading a journal handed down to him after his fathers passing. Dr. Cavendish soon realizes this is the journal of none other than Jack the Ripper himself.

As pointed out by another reviewer, it did seem to drag out... Especially some of Dr. Cavendish's ramblings between reading journal entries. I also found the over use of exclamation points a bit annoying, but that's just me. The entire storyline of John Terrance Ross could have been omitted and did little to fuel the already thrilling work. I didn't really care for who JtR turned out to be, but that aside, the story itself was very intriguing.

Overall, this was a GREAT book and a quick read as you will NOT want to put it down. Like Dr. Cavendish, I found myself unable to sleep peacefully until I was finished reading. I highly recommend "A Study In Red" and give Mr. Porter 4 stars on a job well done! I will be looking forward to Mr. Porter's next work, hopefully another tale about Jack.

Regards

Brian Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red 545232 Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red 83899
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/brianlp
Vivian Gilbert Zabel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red   Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red EmptyWed May 21, 2008 4:30 pm

I'm excited for you, Brian. I predicted that A Study in Red would become popular, and it's nice to be correct. *laugh*

Vivian
Back to top Go down
Brian L Porter
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Brian L Porter

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red   Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:54 am

Vivian Gilbert Zabel wrote:
I'm excited for you, Brian. I predicted that A Study in Red would become popular, and it's nice to be correct. *laugh*

Vivian

Thanks Vivian,

I must say I've been so delighted and pleasantly surprised by the tremendous response to the book since its launch

Best regards

Brian Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red 986286 Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red 545232
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/brianlp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red   Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Customer Review - A Study in Red
Page 1 of 1