Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

DK and kdu

Go down 
+13
RunsWithScissors
W. Lane Rogers
alice
Betty Fasig
Domenic Pappalardo
LC
RetiredName
Shelagh
dkchristi
kdu
Carol Troestler
alj
Dick Stodghill
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:31 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:01 am

Well, I just made my first trip to AW in a very long time. I thought I was cured, but Marie's post intrigued me. I'm glad, though, because I thoroughly enjoyed reading DK's post and her replies. As usual, she expressed herself eruditely and professionally. Her experience with PA was similar to my own. There are more than a few of us, and DK did a great job of expressing and validating our feelings. It took a lot of courage, and she handled the challenge with her usual skill.

Thanks, DK, and thanks, Marie for letting us know.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 am

DK has my admiration.

DK and kdu 846271
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-10

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 am

That was most certainly not me posting there. That was an impostor. I emailed the forum mods on AW to complain.

I may be crusty and blunt but I would never, ever sink to that level to attack someone.

I don't go to AW because Macallister Stone and I have a history. I would not post on any forum run by that lying hypocrite.

I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited by kdu on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 am

Quote :
I don't go to AW because Macallister Stone and I have a history. I would not post on any forum run by that lying hypocrite.

Gee, where have we all heard that before???

Ann
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:03 am

My visit to AW was the result of my own desire to have hard copies of Arirang: The Bamboo Connection and the intelligent discussion about those hard copies on this forum, pro and con.

I check several forums about different issues on occasion, and it just seemed like bottom fishing for AW members to jump on the PA hard copies as though they were inherently evil, like some people label money. I believe in individual purpose and individual choice. Those PA offers may use 3-day pressure selling (read the newspaper ads lately?) but no one is forced to buy. My favorite print company, Vista Print, has their 24 hour "free" business cards every week. Works for me. I know they get their money in the shipping. The shipping charge is still less than cards anywhere else. Yes, they try to get my purchase of multiple other products before I reach checkout, but I just hit "continue." I happen to want a hard copy of Arirang: The Bamboo Connection and am glad for its availablity. A PA colleague used to post his printing source where he had classic bound hard copies made from all his trade paperback publications.

Thank you for your kindness regarding my remarks. It is quite challenging not to return veiled attack with attack (or unveiled in one case). In the guise of "educating" by the AW regulars, any person posting a different view cannot help but feel demeaned. I had to regard the offers to educate me and direct me to information to change my point of view with a sense of humor since my different experience obviously represented a poorly informed person.

The tone of several people was professional, and that tone will draw me back on occasion. Some have a command of language to stop a different opinion in its tracks (as responding would lead to an adversary discussion and further veiled labels). In general, any disagreement with the thread's point of view is labeled uninformed.

I was serious in my offer to participate in the forum to help reduce the venom that infects the posts so thoroughly that the participants may not even realize they are infected. The thread can do the service they expound by less projection about PA's intent and more concentration on objective information that is factual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:09 am

alj wrote:
Quote :

Ann

No idea. I did, however lurk and watch the discussion. Verrrrrrrrry interesting.
Back to top Go down
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:31 am

Its not strange. There is enough info here to impersonate anyone on any other writer's board. Just last week someone was trying (and failing) to be P.N. Elrod on a place called the Writer's Beat.

No, I wish to stay anonymous Smile
Back to top Go down
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:46 am

People are strange. But really, I don't care. If I wanted to debate D.K. I'd do it right here.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:03 am

kdu wrote:

No, I wish to stay anonymous Smile

What do you have to hide? No one takes anonymous messages seriously.

I have posted on the AW board and came in contact with some very nice people. With some real louts, too. The main problem with its water cooler is the sheer boredom of discussing the same subject ad nauseum. Such a waste of time and potential talent. I wish that some of the interesting people I have encountered there would come here where an endless variety of topics are discussed. I have visited the mystery section at AW but didn't find much of interest.
The ironic thing is that I believe PA loves it. Talk about free publicity that appeals to people who want to find out for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:27 pm

alj wrote:
Quote :

If I remember correctly, you heard it from Chris (cturkel) who was banned by Mac Stone. Chris was also accused of impersonating one of AW's moderators and using his avatar -- he came onto this forum to accuse Chris of identity theft or something similar.

I don't mind Chris being here and I know he is friendly (partner of?) with a PA author who felt she had been scammed. I don't blame him for not trusting people on the 'net but, by the law of averages, there has to be a number of trustworthy folks around -- not everyone is deceitful.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Let me clarify some things:

1. I do not know the story of cturkel, or whoever. My problem with Ms. Stone has nothing to do with AW. It happened a decade ago in "real life", not online.

2. Anonymous...this is interesting topic. I am no more anonymous than you any of you. How do I know you all are who you say you are? Dick could be the creation of a twenty year old girl, or D.K. an ex-convict getting kicks of deceiving people. Now, I am pretty sure neither of those are true, but really, how do I know?

My personal preference is to stay anonymous. If that gives me less stake in the conversation, well, that's the way it is. I'm not worried.

I will, as a concession, make my avatar the picture from the flap of my hardcover novel. The publisher made it me get it done and (thankfully) it won't be on the mass market edition. You sleuths here can go from there Wink
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Nobody cares. I don't give a hoot who you are, don't believe a word you say, doubt that is a photo of you, and from here on will usually ignore you. I have encountered your type before and without exception they have been people bent on causing dissension.
Back to top Go down
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:50 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so open minded.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm

If Dick doesn't like what he hears he does the whole "ignore you" thing. It explains alot about him.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:36 pm

LOL, that avatar pic is of Danny Elfman, the lead singer of Oingo Boingo.

Good grief.
Back to top Go down
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:45 pm

LC wrote:
LOL, that avatar pic is of Danny Elfman, the lead singer of Oingo Boingo.

Good grief.

Like that? I love Danny Elfman. I'm still looking for that pic of mine. Smile
Back to top Go down
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm

And really I do not care what Dick thinks of me. It's neither here or there. I don't live for gratification of others.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:00 pm

cc

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:14 pm

I am so sick of all this. If you think you are so smart, go back to AW where they think you are an idiot. Here. we are a peaceful bunch of people who have more to talk about than PublishAmerica or your agenda or the mundane water cooler.

Domenic,
I agree.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
kdu
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:17 pm

If you are so sick of it, maybe you should treat your fellow writers with respect. And you wonder why no one except your fellow PA author and their enablers (I'm looking at you, Dick) posts here.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:34 pm

You would be wrong there. You just flap your gums. A noise about nothing. A cymbal in a vacumn.

Loud but no one hears.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Problem is, Betty, s/he can't go back to AW. Every time s/he tries, with new names and initials, s/he gets banned again.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:57 pm

cc

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:03 pm

domenic Pappalardo wrote:
Help me out here. I want to either tell you to piss off, or stick it where the sun don't shine...which should it be?

Probably the latter. I suspect kdu is "Gillhoughley's" sock puppet. I'd almost put money on it. If I cared enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DK and kdu Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK and kdu   DK and kdu Empty

Back to top Go down

DK and kdu
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: