Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Book Marketing Testimonial

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingdomExpansion
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KingdomExpansion

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-10-21

A Book Marketing Testimonial Empty
PostSubject: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Today I received a wonderful testimonial as a reference from one of the authors that we are currently promoting and marketing. I wanted to share it to encourage other authors that targeted on-line marketing can bring success and especially when using a network of sites.

Kaylin chose to market with us choosing our 100 site marketing package back prior to her new book release. In fact the cover design was hot off the press at that time. Kaylin then just a few weeks ago chose to again market her new book trailer on 100 of our sites further expanding her author promotions and book marketing.

Within this the marketing and author promotions have appeared on not only the 100 separate sites within our network, but have also further been picked up and posted in various other communities and networks through additional networking and powerful feeds further expanding Kaylin's marketing.

May the following bless and encourage you with regards to targeted on-line marketing and the marketing power of using a network of sites.

Kaylin writes:

I recently had the opportunity to work with Smitty in regard to marketing my new release, Flaherty's Crossing. All I can say is every dollar has been well-spent. He is incredibly detailed, professional, and caring. My name, book, and trailer have appeared on hundreds of sites and the exposure has been unbelievable.

As a direct result of his tremendous efforts, Flaherty's Crossing has become one of the hottest and most ordered items at Champagne Books.

I truly can't recommend anyone more highly.

Kaylin McFarren, Author
Flaherty's Crossing, Now Available
http://www.kaylinmcfarren.com
http://www.flahertyscrossing.com

I encourage all authors to find new ways and deeper waters when it comes to promoting and marketing their books on-line. That while many authors may choose the self promoting and marketing method, it is also wise to set aside a marketing budget and seek out book marketing that will best promote and market not only your book, but also you as a author. Don't get lost among the millions of faceless names in the in print book data bases and don't focus all your efforts only where other authors hang out. Find your market and hit the target.

If you get some time, visit two of our new sites:

Christian Book Marketing
The Information Page

Many blessings,
Smitty
kingdomexpansion1@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.christian-book-marketing.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Could you please explain how or why a "Christian" book marketing program is better than a program that does not proclaim a religious reference?
Back to top Go down
KingdomExpansion
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KingdomExpansion

PostSubject: Marketplaces   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am

For the Christian author, a Christian book marketing program targets the Christian marketplace. For example many of our sites are Christian sites, have a Christian readership and attract Christians. However, they also attract people of many religions, back grounds and lifestyles.

Not all of the sites in our network are Christian sites. Out of the approximate 150 separate sites 100 of them are Christian sites and the remainder are author sites, books sites, book related sites and your everyday blogs that cover a variety of topics.

However, to answer your question. I don't personally feel that a Christian book marketing program is better than a program that doesn't proclaim a religious reference in the sense of marketing books. It just depends upon the author and the book.
For the Christian author a Christian marketing program on Christian sites targeting the Christian marketplace is targeted marketing. For the author of a Vampire book it is not. Because of this fact, I have turned down quite a few marketing projects because I do not feel that the marketing would benefit the author. Further, just because a book might be a religious book, that doesn't mean that it gets a automatic stamp of approval for marketing on our Christian sites.

I encourage all authors to find their target with regards to marketing. For example a book about fishing or the outdoors could be marketed on Christian sites, however it would be better marketed on sites that have to do with the outdoors, camping, hunting and where outdoor enthusiast visit.

Another example would be a book about health and beauty which could also be marketed in the Christian marketplace, however it would also be wise to market the book hitting other audiences.

Abe F. March wrote:
Could you please explain how or why a "Christian" book marketing program is better than a program that does not proclaim a religious reference?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pm

So if someone wants to use a christian marketing program, they should first proclaim that they are christian.

You might be on to something here. Target marketing to religious sects. We need one for Jews, Muslims, Hindus...and of course one for agnostics and atheists.
Back to top Go down
KingdomExpansion
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KingdomExpansion

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:55 pm

We need some additional emoticons. Boing!

Abe F. March wrote:
So if someone wants to use a christian marketing program, they should first proclaim that they are christian.

You might be on to something here. Target marketing to religious sects. We need one for Jews, Muslims, Hindus...and of course one for agnostics and atheists.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 pm

I use atheist marketing.  I deny the book exists, and people run around finding proof that it does.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
KingdomExpansion
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KingdomExpansion

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:55 pm

There you go ...
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 am

Good one Lin.
Back to top Go down
KingdomExpansion
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KingdomExpansion

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 pm

I hear that a great place to market a book about fishing is where people who like fishing / camping hangout and buy their products. However, you don't have to be a fish or a camper to do so.

I've also heard that for those who have written books about health, that marketing through various health magazines and publications can be helpful. However, you do not have to be a vitamin to do so.

Then of course for those that have authored books about vampires. You might try the local blood bank, however, giving blood is not required.

Yet then and again, lets take those who have authored wonderful children's books. Sucking on a pacifier is not a requirement, however, just to get a flavor for your readership, it could be helpful.

Market your books where ever they will sell and if they don't sell. Wait a minute here? Could that possibly mean ??? No it can ....

Enjoy life, lighten up, and smile ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Book Marketing Testimonial   A Book Marketing Testimonial Empty

Back to top Go down

A Book Marketing Testimonial
Page 1 of 1