Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Terrorism against America - Blog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Terrorism against America - Blog Empty
PostSubject: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:24 am

What is the cause of terrorism against America?

We read about Al Quaeda, the Taliban, Palestinian militants and the efforts to crush them. Where do we read about the reason for their actions? Why is that ignored?

Our reaction is analogous to giving someone a painkiller without dealing with the cause of the pain.

For thousands of years wars have been fought over religious philosophy, each sect believing their way was right. The three religions: Christianity, Judaism and Islam, have roots in the Old Testament. The Old Testament contains murder, slaughter, infidelity, deceit, debauchery, betrayal, lying, racism, incest, rape, etc. It is full of revenge, not forgiveness. The New Testament, based on the teachings of Jesus, also includes betrayal and murder, however it preaches forgiveness. The Koran, the bible of Islam, follows the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed. They do not look upon Jesus as Christ, the Son of God, but as a prophet.

The unresolved conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine are between adversaries with similar claims and beliefs. Both lay claim to the same territory and both take revenge. Christian fundamentalists ignore the teachings of Christ (“turn the other cheek”) by supporting the Old Testament ‘eye for an eye’ concept of hatred and revenge. They believe in Old Testament prophecy and work hard to make it come to pass: thus their unconditional support for Israel. Political leaders, especially in the U.S., succumb to intimidation in order to preserve their careers and pledge their support to a country that violates human rights and the rule of law. UN Resolutions are enforced on other countries but none against the State of Israel, most often on account of American vetoes. And yet Americans want to be seen as honest brokers for peace. Is it any wonder that America has been targeted?
Unless or until UN Resolutions are enforced there will be no chance for peace. The two parties have proven that they cannot resolve the issues themselves. Only by forceful means, using the rule of law, will there be a chance for peace. Until that happens, revenge against America will continue and more people will die. Security measures cannot cover all aspects of life and those committed to revenge will use devious means to inflict their punishment on those perceived as the enemy. Understand why may help in pressing those in a position of power to take the tough steps required for a resolution.

The book: “They Plotted Revenge Against America” may help shed light on this subject.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 am

Well said, Abe, but it's even more complicated, since Israel was promised that land, too, and the human rights violations go all the way around.

We can't hold Israel any more responsible than Islam.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Ann,
Yes it is complicated and I'm sure your response was a slip of the pen when you said, "We can't hold Israel any more responsible than Islam." Mixing the name of a country with a religion is common and can be misleading. Israeli government actions does not represent the feeling of all Jews. It is the action of extremists, the religious fundamentalists, that create the problems.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:55 am

There is the added problem with those who write about the problem: they rarely maintain a neutral stance. Research into any subject has its own effect on the researcher with the inevitable outcome of bias in one way or another.

Two wrongs do not make a right is an overused cliche, but it is apposite when discussing terrorism. Until both sides of the political/religious divide are willing to forget the past and start afresh, no conflict can ever be resolved. Proving that one side is more or less right than the other will not lead to peace.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 am

Sitting on the fence, trying not to offend and taking the middle road accomplishes nothing when dealing with sensitive issues. I admired Dick Stodghill for taking a position and sticking to it. His Blog, “Stodghill Says So,” was forthright. It came from years of experience and a lot of wisdom. I admire Lin Robinson for saying what he thinks. I don’t always agree with him, but respect him for his courage to speak his mind.

Sensitive issues surrounding politics and religion are often avoided since it is considered a no win situation. People convinced of their philosophical views rarely change. They know as much as the input they were willing to accept, sifting out what they don’t like. They associate with people of like minds and enjoy the reaffirmation it gives them, often turning a blind eye to truth or reality. Sometimes they will ask “why,” and when an answer is given, it is rejected as biased.

A balanced view can rarely be made in short form. Both sides to an argument take an extreme position, both feeling they are right. The role of a mediator is needed to bring them together and that requires compromise on both sides. Refusal to compromise goes nowhere, and if results are to be achieved, a third party must force them, however one must be willing to understand the opposing view to find a solution.

I like the Pro Con Forum where opposing views can be expressed on issues.
In a neutral post I made, I was asked, “What is the cause?” To state the cause in a neutral manner does little or nothing to understand why people are doing what they do. When an answer is given, it is attacked as “unbalanced.”

My remarks under the thread, “My Wish for 2010,” I remarked “The courage to speak only truth, be less sensitive to criticism, and survive another year.” I suppose I’m now being tested.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am

Yes, Abe, you are being tested, but no more so than anyone else. I mentioned your post to my husband and asked about the way to bring peace to the Middle East. He said that all the troops should be withdrawn from Afghanistan and Iraq. If terrorist activities against the West continue from unoccupied countries, then the airforce should be sent in to flatten the countries into submission. It seems a very harsh solution to me, where a few extreme terrorists could be the cause of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:58 am

Quote :
I'm sure your response was a slip of the pen when you said, "We can't hold Israel any more responsible than Islam."

No, Abe. It was an intentional bit of "poetic license": "I" & "I." And I wasn't strictly speaking of Israel as the modern country, but of the people sometimes known as "Israel," comparing them to a people sometimes referred to as "Islam."

Ann
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Quote :
I suppose I’m now being tested.

Tested or testy? Terrorism against America - Blog Icon_smile

Ann
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Quote :
It is the action of extremists, the religious fundamentalists, that create the problems.

Absolutely! On both sides.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow. Almost sounds like excerpts from negotiations I've read.
Doe this word mean...? or does it imply...?

Tested or testy, I made my statement. And no, I'm not offended.

I wrote a blog, it is not a thesis about the Middle East. I could not possibly do justice to the complicated issues involved. If anyone sincerely wants to learn more, there are books and forums that discuss the issues. I form my opinion from personal experience, from reading, and exposure to people involved on both sides. There is much I don't know. What I do know is that we are targeted by terrorists for a reason. Unless that is understood and resolved, we can expect more acts of terrorism. Ignoring it won't make it go away.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 pm

1/12/2010

I agree with Abe...My feelings are we should
take troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, we
don't read history they beat the hell out of
the Russians...We are going to be there for years
and years, the Taliban are like cockaroaches they
keep multiplying and getting more and more young
to do their dirty work for them and it's a crime to
me to get young children to do such horrible acts.
Maybe if we left it'll stop some of the stupidty
that's going on , just a thought....I don't think we
can fix the problem, it's always religion and politics
never ending ...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism against America - Blog   Terrorism against America - Blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrorism against America - Blog
Page 1 of 1