Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest

Go down 
+5
alice
NYT BEST
joefrank
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 am

I'm doing a happy dance for many reasons. First, they gave me the false belief that I had a great book for which the world was waiting. The belief gave me the courage to get book signings for that $35, over-priced, trade paperback that initially sold hundreds just from my own belief that it was a great book, pretty cover and all.

Second, many of us met on their message board and shared a college education worth of publish or perish information to get out there and sell these books of ours that meant so much to us and for which no New York mainline publisher would give the time of day.

Third, they taught me to be tough. My innocence in publishing was broken and cynicism took its place.Over time, I realized they had a collection of children peddling whatever they could peddle and hitting pay dirt now and then.

and last - they gave a chance to every person who contracted with them to see their words in a book, a pretty, well-formatted book if they were lucky - at no cost. Regardless of what followed, that was a great for many people and remains so.

I still miss the PAMB though Shelagh has done a great job in creating one for us.

A seven year contract was much too long. I'm glad to be free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2