Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest

Go down 
+5
alice
NYT BEST
joefrank
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest Empty
PostSubject: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 2:56 pm

This is one of many that included Oprah and others - I wonder how many authors actually believe their books will be read . . . oh well, maybe one will.

Dear Author:

PublishAmerica will submit your book to the NBC Today Show!
Most of you have seen authors come and go on America's most popular morning show. And you can't help but wonder, how is their book any better than mine? The answer is, it probably isn't.

PublishAmerica will submit your book to the Today Show. We will send your book to Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira's staff for their consideration, five copies, so that more than one NBC staffer gets a chance to read your work and recommend it to Matt, Meredith, Ann Curry, or Al Roker who not only hosts 'Al's Book Club', but also recently wrote his first mystery novel!

We're not waiting for the Today Show to ask for your book. We're donating it to them. And we will let your local newspaper, radio, or TV know that your book is being submitted to the NBC Today Show. So they can put the spotlight on you as a local author.

Here's how we do it:

If you want to have books on hand, order now, and we will donate five copies
to the Today Show. And you receive a 50 (that's FIFTY) pct discount!

We ship NBC's copies the same day we ship your books to you. We'll even pay for NBC's shipping!

Go to www.publishamerica.net, find your book, click on it, then add to cart, indicate quantity, and use this coupon: Today50. Then click Recalculate and finish the transaction. Minimum volume is 12 copies.

In the Ordering Instructions field, just write: \"Media Yes\". Our PR department
will automatically contact you for names and addresses of your local news media.
Again, we will ship your books to the Today Show the same day we ship your
order to you. By using the coupon you are authorizing us to donate the books
to the NBC studio at 30 Rock in New York. You may also request that we ship
the five FREE books to you instead, or to ABC's Good Morning America.

Full-color and hardcovers excluded. Offer expires this weekend on Sunday night.

Happy New Year!

PublishAmerica Author Support Team

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Dear Dk,
I imagine it is up to each to do what they hope for. I will not address this offer as much as I wish that it was not just hogwash. It is, I think. Slather on a little butter and there you are a baked biscuit.

As many times as I have asked PublishAmerica to amend my email address, they have not done so. I get not one of these wonderful offers to part with my money, or assuage my ego by thinking of Oprah. I may write to Oprah and ask her about this hoopla. I doubt that she gives a poop.

I find this offer really in the realm of "give me your money and you will see a miracle" like a television evangelist will do.

You may as well be blind and hope that giving your money to a televison personality will cure your blindness.

Long ago, people who wrote books, people who had a new idea and wrote about it, develped a theory, saw the sky with all it's possibilities, like Ahad, they wrote it down. It was their private discovery.

Sharing it with the world was a decision.

Blurts and starts that go on for pages. That is me.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

12/29/2009

DK...

How do you get your books on " KINDLE ?"
I have two I own the e rights to.. Thanks..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:55 pm

What a deal! I wish I had PA!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 pm

lol!

Last edited by alice on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 pm

How does PA do this and get away with it? Companies have been sued for much less when consumers felt misled. Is it not misleading to say that Matt Lauer or Oprah Winfrey will look at an unsolicited book? They must get thousands of unsolicited products every year.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:24 am

PA Authors most likely received an email today with the latest PA gimmick to induce authors to buy books.

Donating an equal number of books ordered by the author to Barnes & Nobel, takes the cake.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 am

1/12/2010

I never buy my books, number one rule.
I only order books for someone I know , as for
book signings so far lucky , the stores have ordered
them...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 am

I continue to get emails with offers to buy books that they will match and send to the NY Times, or to some celebrity to read.

When I had my first book published I worked hard to get it reviewed by the media. A close friend had a contact at the NY Times and inquired if she could get my book read and reviewed. She said, “If you want to send it, I’ll place it on the pile of books waiting to be read. You got to understand that we receive hundreds of books a week with requests. The ones that get a reading are submitted by Agents who call someone they know.”
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 am

It's getting ridiculous how these offers come week after week--sometimes two in a week. I wonder how many people fall for it. Some must or else they wouldn't keep sending out those emails. It won't be me, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 am

Big deal. I will personally, for a nominal sum to be named later after you plow through screen after screen on my site and send me your email, phone address and location your children cross the street to school, will submit your book personally to any source you care to specify, including the White House.

Please include address of who you want it submitted to and a copy of your book taped to a brick.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

Sign me up, Lin!

I'd put my money in you getting a book in front of the president before I'd fall for PA's silly promotions!
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am

Ha! Just went to my email and found another one from PA! This time it says, "Publish America will send your book to Oscar winner Sandra Bullock!"

Can you just imagine Sandra Bullock all of a sudden getting a bunch of books in the mail that she didn't ask for? Too weird to even imagine.

Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 am

3/9/2010

Helen..

It's getting weird, every other day I
get e mail from them, I ignore it....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:53 am

Quote :
Can you just imagine Sandra Bullock all of a sudden getting a bunch of books in the mail?

I'm working on the screenplay already.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Lin, we'll be checking WIP for your updates.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 pm

lin wrote:
Big deal. I will personally, for a nominal sum to be named later after you plow through screen after screen on my site and send me your email, phone address and location your children cross the street to school, will submit your book personally to any source you care to specify, including the White House.

Please include address of who you want it submitted to and a copy of your book taped to a brick.

Lin,
I believe the key to your proposal for gaining attention is the brick.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm

For the saavy promoter, any window can be a window of opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

Did you get the offer to have your book sent to Arnold Schwarzenegger? Alll you need to do is buy 5 copies.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am

Softcovers no less--at $29.95!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 am

Oops - I spelled the governor's name wrong in another post....
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

Well, these campaigns must be very successful, since PA keeps doing them. Wish I could figure out a way to get caked like this.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am

I agree. I think the person or team that comes up with a new idea every day must be getting a bonus for sales generated.

Hey, I'm actually watching for one to get a few hard covers at a reasonable price.

I think the "paperbacks" is genius - buy your own high-priced softcovers at a discount to get them to sell "paperbacks" at a reaonable, $9.95 price or your "softcovers" go up in price by $5.00. Personally, that's my favorite. Although sending copies to celebrities comes in a close second.

You're right; look at other advertising on the net that must be selling. The human species is just trained to believe in something if it's repeated often enough, regardless of whether it's irrational.

My son loved the infomercials as a child. Right near the end, he'd call out, "$9.99" before they could say the price. Today, it's $19.99 in each of three easy payments.

Or he'd sing song the "and call right now and we'll add..."
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 am

My contract with PA expired today. I wrote them and got confirmation.
I'm doing a happy dance.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 am

Welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest   Publish America latest  pitch - only if you have interest Empty

Back to top Go down

Publish America latest pitch - only if you have interest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: