Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-07

DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE Empty
PostSubject: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 am

I am pleased to announce the release of DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE by ELLIE JANSSEN and MICHAEL PHELPS, Fourth Edition (Hardcover), 152 Pages, containing thrity-four photos of many celebrities with whom David worked, including; RONALD REAGAN, JOHN WAYNE, SUZANNE PLESHETTE, RACQUEL WELCH, BARBARA STANWYCK, ANTHONY QUINN, RON HOWARD, KURT RUSSELL, BARRY MORSE, and more.
This is the only authorized biography of the late actor, best known as America's Most Wanted Man-On-The-Run, "Dr. Richard Kimble" in the ground-breaking, record-setting, award winning, ABC Television's "THE FUGITIVE". Originally published in Hardcover, December of 1994 and Paperback in 1995 and 1996, this book sold over 1.2 million copies. Copies of the original book are being sold over the Internet as "Collector's copies" at prices ranging from $66.00 to $220.00! This UPDATED, Fourth Edition is being offered at the original 1994 Publication price of $18.95 (FREE S&H IN U.S.).

"THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE" is an exciting debut novel introducing readers to the "Mike Walsh Detective Novels" series.
Blue Line Publishing House, Inc.
Hardcover-408 Pages- $27.95 (FREE S&H IN U.S.).

Based on the true story of the murder of a close friend and one-time mentor, a Detective Sergeant in the Robbery & Homicide unit of the Indianapolis Police Department.
Cops & Robbers, Mayhem and Murders, this book has it all in graphic details.

Author Michael Phelps is completing "THE JOCKEY'S JUSTICE", the second in the "Mike Walsh Detective Novels" series due to be released in December, 2009.

DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE and THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE are both available at the Author's web site:

www.MichaelPhelpsNovels.com,

and all other Internet Booksellers.

Last edited by Michael Phelps on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.MichaelPhelpsNovels.com
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Loved that show, Michael. If I remember correctly, it was on a Friday or Saturday night, and I even turned down a date to stay home and watch an episode.

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 am

It was just as popular in the UK. The lack of success after the series may have been detrimental to Janssen's career but it made him even more of an icon in the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:03 am

I enjoyed that show, too. Jansen was a fine actor. I've heard that the reason the show never got picked up for re-running was that they allowed it to end. Maybe Michael's book has something to say about that?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

Good Afternoon Brenda, Shelagh and Ann,

Thank you all for your kind words.

"THE FUGITIVE" was syndicated and re-run by A&E Television for several years. It is still in syndication today on many Independently owned television stations around the world.

David Janssen was the one who decided to end the series after four seasons (120 episodes). He was physically and mentally exhausted. He also felt the script writing was begining to suffer. Still, on the two hour finale Episode, it set a record of 32 million U. S. Households, a record that was not beaten until the "Who Shot JR" episode of "Dallas".

Dave went on to star in several films, as well as two television series; "O'HARA, U.S. Treasury" and "O'HARA". He had passed a complete physical examination for insurance purposes, and had filmed three days as the star of "FATHER DAMIEN" when he suddenly passed away, February 13, 1980; Ellie Janssen's Birthday.

The original show aired on ABC Television on Friday evenings at 10:00 PM (EST).

The original book, "DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE"; published in Hardcover in December of 1994, followed by the Paperback Editions in 1995-1996 sold over 1.2 million copies.

I am pleased to say the Fourth Edition, Hardcover, Updated is selling quite well at the original 1994 Publication price and is selling well in the United Kingdom through amazon.co.uk.

There are two excellent Internet Fan Clubs for David Janssen and the Fugitive: www.davidjanssen.net and a Yahoo Group; www.TheFugitive-News-And-Reviews@yahoo/Groups.com

Sadly, Ellie Janssen passed away on July 7, 1999.

Thank you again.

Michael Phelps
www.MichaelPhelpsNovels.com
Back to top Go down
Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm

The Final Episode of THE FUGITIVE set the record for U. S. Homes with televisions at 72% (NOT the 32 million I stated above). That record remained until slightly taken over by "DALLAS" episode of "Who Shot JR?".
Back to top Go down
JenKnox

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:58 pm

That sound like a wonderful biography. And I'm curious about the show. (I always come to good entertainment late. I just saw Taxi Driver for the first time...)

I checked out your website, and your credits are impressive. Inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your kind words. Have a great weekend.

Michael Phelps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE   DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE Empty

Back to top Go down

DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE & THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE
Page 1 of 1