Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 6:55 am

THE SECOND MONKEY TRIAL…WHO KILLED JESUS?

Synopsis

Hannibal Missouri. A southern farming town in the midst of the bible belt.
Two senior students of a law school are chosen each year to make up, and defend an accused in a mock trial.
Since the election of a black President the people of Hannibal have turned their prejudice from black people, to Jews.

The movie, “The Death of Jesus,” has been hailed by the citizens as proof that the Jews are Christ killers.
The Dean decides to put on a case of discrimination.(mock trial.) The two students he has chosen, are Jewish. The trial is to prove whether the Jews of Jesus day, are innocent or guilty of the crime of murder.

The Dean, a black leader of the Civil Right movement harbors hatred for the white Christians of Hannibal for the murder of his friend…Elishah Washington. His hatred turns into action via the trial.

A father of one of the students (Joshua) is a prominent New York Attorney. He sends an attorney (Mel Duffy) who is in trouble with an owner/client to Hannibal to help his son out with the trial. A small radio station from a nearby town brings the trial into the national spotlight.
The Governor comes under pressure to stop the mock trial, or, assure the two students lose.
Mel falls in love with a black reporter.

The Governor replaces the Dean, and appoints retired Judge Dexter L. Lee as Judge. Lee is a known KKK member, and self pronounced anti-Semitic. The Judge appoints two Baptist attorneys as co-consul for the prosecution in an attempt to insure a conviction against the Jews.

Twelve towns people are assigned as Jurors; eleven white, and one ninety year old black man, Tommy Banjo.
The Headmaster in protest is appointed counsel for the defense alongside the two students.
Armed protesters from neighboring States merge on Hannibal.
Attempt on Deans life kills Kizzy.
The Governor sends in National Guard to put down riots in Hannibal.
Mel Duffy has no idea what he is walking into.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:23 am

What bothers me is that I think of Hannibal Missouri as the home of Mark Twain. I visited there years ago. Looking at the demographics on the site below, it is difficult to believe Hannibal could be the setting of the story you are telling.

I did use the names of towns in my historical novels because the books are based on family stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal,_Missouri

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:00 am

I have been posting sections of the story, wondering how long it would take for someone to realize I used the home of my good friend Mark Twain. It has the river I needed. Its flat, and it's in the heart of the bible belt. I love Hannibal. If I had the money, I would buy the whole town, and make folks wear 1800 style clothing. No cars, no radios, tv's, or phones.
I would appoint you Carol, Principal of the one and only school.
Mark would be in your office every day, except the days he was out playing at life.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:10 am

Domenic,

I thought of Hannibal Missouri, but I don't think you ever mentioned the state before.

I think you would be better off with a fictional town. You could still use the Mississippi River, but with a fictional town you can make hills or flat.

After writing my Missouri book, I visited the historical museum in the town in my book, after crossing the river there. I realized the placement of the river in my book was very wrong, but thad used old maps, pictures, and info. So I asked hesitantly, "Was the river moved?" The answer was that it was, to make it deeper for transit.

Carol
Back to top Go down
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:05 am

domenic Pappalardo wrote:
THE SECOND MONKEY TRIAL…WHO KILLED JESUS? Synopsis

This needs re-thinking, Domenic. It lacks coherence and reads like it was written on the run. Some of the information is extraneous, some is too detailed. It doesn't do justice to your story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/wlanerogers
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:05 am

Thank you Lane. This was the outline for my story. It needs work to become a synopsis, or a query.
The women folk think I should change the location of my story...Hannibal is not the home of Mark twain, it was the childhood home of Sam Clemens. Virgina City Nevada is the birth place of Mark Twain.
Upton Mass is not the home of Domenic Pappalardo. He was born in some hobo camp between Nevada and Kansas during a thunder storm.
All I need do now, is to find some talent alongside some abandoned railroad track. Either that, or jump the next fright train heading nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:41 am

Marie, I never took the comments as negative? I do love Mark Twain...but, I am changing the name of the town...It is now, Cricket. The bugs will help my story. I was hitch-hiking somewhere in the mid- west as a young man. I came into a small farm town late at night. All that was open was a gas station. Every bug God ever made, was flying around the lights...there were so many flying bugs, I just kept walking...what a sight.
So, I am changing the title, and all the story parts, to Cricket.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:12 am

I want the story to shout what people only whisper. I want it to shout for those who can't shout. You have parts of your life that are disturbing you. Most have, but, they keep silent. They are ashamed of what people will think of them. They are ashamed like it was their fault, when it was not. They shout inside where no one can hear...I want my writing to disturb people. I want people who whisper to hear the shouting.

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Thu May 28, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:22 am

Domenic,

I said it was the home of Mark Twain, which it was. Home is different than birthplace. I was born in Chicago and have had many homes. Also Mark Twain was the author's name on his books. I understand about Sam Clemens. Since we are on a writing messageboard I think of author names.

I think Cricket is much better. I saw what Marie did, and figured the town was further south than Missouri.

I think the point is that Lane doesn't critique many books here. It appears he thinks your book has some possibility, and that is definitely a compliment.

I like the subject matter also. I don't see it as disturbing as some. I think you have some good ideas. Living in the Midwest is as Marie said.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:41 am

Domenic,

I like that statement also.

We have mentioned the need to have our voices heard here often.

Keep writing Domenic.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:18 pm

I go to Virgina City every year. I sit in the small basement that Was Sam Clemens office for the newspaper...I have read everything he wrote for the paper. This is a very strange thing that makes my head spin...Sam Clemens could not write. His work stunk. He left Virgina City as Mark Twain the great writer. It is like two different people? Everything he wrote as Mark Twain, down to a note to a servant, was written by a master writer. I'm not sure what he did. Maybe he stopped writing for others, and started writing what was inside. Maybe greatness only comes when you start eating your own guts.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Domenic,

You might be right.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus   Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus Empty

Back to top Go down

Synopsis...The Second Monkey Trial...who killed Jesus
Page 1 of 1