Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Non fiction authors

Go down 
+10
zadaconnaway
alj
alice
Abe F. March
Shelagh
Pam
W. Lane Rogers
Dick Stodghill
Sue
builder
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Non fiction authors - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:14 am

Builder,

I have an idea--this is my final one--consult E.Don Harpe about your issues.

He is most adroit and much better able to explain it all to you than we are. Non fiction authors - Page 3 343621 Non fiction authors - Page 3 343621 Non fiction authors - Page 3 343621
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:44 am

So Carol, you do believe my work is selling from my rankings. I really dont know. My Mother asked me last night, what I will get in royalties. I answered, "I don't know". I have no idea.

As for grammar and so on. That is why publishers employ editors.

I really don't want to talk about my identity or why I won't reveal my work. So I won't answer on this anymore after this post. (Don't want to be rude, so I thought I would let people know in advance)
Back to top Go down
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:46 am

builder wrote: It does take a great deal of talent to write fiction...and...But really anybody can write non fiction....

You've exposed yourself as an uninformed amateur who hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

builder wrote: I still won't reveal my work....It really is no hot topic and no big deal.

No doubt, an accurate statement.

Last edited by W. Lane Rogers on Sat May 02, 2009 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/wlanerogers
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:48 am

builder wrote: As for grammar and so on. That is why publishers employ editors.

Not simply uninformed but frightfully naive.
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:54 am

What are you talking about Rogers?
Back to top Go down
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

It's doubtful that you'll ever know.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:31 pm

For God's sake, builder, he's telling you that editors are not there to correct your grammar, not anyone can write non-fiction and none of it is easy. You really have a lot to learn. Let's say eveything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:13 pm

I said anyone can write non fiction. I never said it was easy. Like learning a new language, anybody could do it, but it won't be easy. Get your facts correct Dick.

I starting to feel like this forum is just for professional writers and not for average Joe's. I should have named this thread, "have a go at builder"
Back to top Go down
Phillip

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:57 pm

builder, You want to talk instead of listen so you didn't come here for information. Or even a discussion. You came to argue a vague point that doesn't make any sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Builder:
When you talk, you tell what you know. When you listen, you can learn what you don't know.
People are judged by what they say, or in this case, what they write. A first impression has already been made.
The best way to learn is by asking questions and you will find people are ready and willing to help. By making uninformed statements you can expect to be attacked. You can learn from that as well. What you do from this point forward is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:45 am

builder wrote:
I said anyone can write non fiction. I never said it was easy. Like learning a new language, anybody could do it, but it won't be easy. Get your facts correct Dick.

I starting to feel like this forum is just for professional writers and not for average Joe's. I should have named this thread, "have a go at builder"
If you are a published author, as you claim to be, then you should be a professional writer. You have told everyone that your book is selling on Amazon and you are wondering about royalties and how many books may have been sold in the first year. What does it matter how many books are sold if the writer considers himself to be an "average Joe" instead of a new professional writer who still has a lot to learn? You can't have it both ways.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:12 am

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:40 am

??? Who the hell are you
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:51 am

Twisted Evil

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:13 am

Whooopeee!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:17 am

Builder, if you want members here to help you, then you are going about things all wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

Twisted Evil

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Don,
do you remember the movie about WWII where the response by the American officer to the German was, "NUTS?"
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:52 pm

All this debate assumes that our author friend is being straightforward with us, doesn't it?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Don, you've uncovered his secret. The title will be revealed tomorrow and we'll all rush out to buy the book.

Abe, I've heard on good authority that what the man actually said was, "Oh, s**t," but it had to be cleaned up for public consumption.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Cleaning up shit for consumption?
Back to top Go down
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm

That's a repugnant concept.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Boy has this thread gone off topic! *grin*
Back to top Go down
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm not altogether certain that's correct. The latter posts have a certain ring to them.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Kind of like, haven't we been here before?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non fiction authors   Non fiction authors - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Non fiction authors
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next