Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! Empty
PostSubject: Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!   Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 pm

I made another slideshow. This one is of me demolishing an old backyard storage barn with a sledgehammer on June 5, 2006. I composed the music for this one myself too. Here's the link to its YouTube page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTa9gYw6r6Y
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!   Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Nicely done, though I would have taken the roof off first. Safer that way. Very Happy If I'd done it the way you did I would have probably found myself under it if I didn't. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!   Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Gordon, you never cease to amaze me. But why did you decide to destroy the barn? It looked like a pretty decent building, at least in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!   Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:39 pm

The way I did it is perfectly fine as long as you don't get under the structure. As long as you stay outside the footprint of the structure, it probably won't fall on you. I demolished it because of deterioration. Although it may have looked like a decent building, it was dry-rotted, the roof leaked, and some of the rafters were cracked. Took me about four hours to smash it with a sledgehammer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!   Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Check out my Barn Demolition Slideshow!
Page 1 of 1