Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Will the Tares please stand up.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:27 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
Abe F. March wrote:
In lieu of a biblical reference about judging, let’s look at judgment based the laws of our land.
“Guilty until proven innocent” or “Innocent until proven guilty”
The law of our land is “Innocent until proven guilty”.  A judge listens to arguments from the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney.  Often it is left to a decision by a jury.
Making a judgment about anyone, in this case Betty, without knowing all the facts is plain wrong.  Making assumptions should not be a basis for reaching conclusions.

Abe, cAn you answer a question, "Yes or No?"

Do you believe there is a God who created everything, and he has a son named Jesus?
I believe this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:56 am

I believe there is a creative force in the universe and eternity that created all that's known and unknown and that a man named Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary and this man, Jesus, was a spiritual person of wisdom beyond his years and time in history.  He spoke in the language of his day to the people of his culture at a time when many were looking for a prophet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Where is Dom?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 2:38 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I believe there is a creative force in the universe and eternity that created all that's known and unknown and that a man named Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary and this man, Jesus, was a spiritual person of wisdom beyond his years and time in history.  He spoke in the language of his day to the people of his culture at a time when many were looking for a prophet.

You believe in some force, but not the God YHWH? As to Jesus: Many claim he is only found in the scriptures. Not so. I have a copy of many letters (mostly Roman) who were non-Christians in the time Jesus was here. They wrote about him. He is even in the Roman Army letters to the Emperor Trajan about his death and the things he did. 
I will tell you a truth dk, Jesus said those who believe in him will have life...those who don't wwill not.How can you learn what is true? Research the bible and the scrolls. You can prove the truth to yourself. If you are a Tare, you can't...God won't let you.
Just believing there is some sort of god who created everything means nothing to YHWH. You could be talking about the old Greek or Roman Gods? To believe Jesus is the son of God YHWh a person is going to have to prove it. That take a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 9:02 pm

alice wrote:
Abe F. March wrote:
In lieu of a biblical reference about judging, let’s look at judgment based the laws of our land.
The law of our land is “Innocent until proven guilty”.  A judge listens to arguments from the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney.  Often it is left to a decision by a jury.
Making a judgment about anyone, in this case Betty, without knowing all the facts is plain wrong.  Making assumptions should not be a basis for reaching conclusions.

Do you believe there is a God who created everything, and he has a son named Jesus?
I believe this.
I also believe Jesus died to save us. I am thankful for this.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 9:40 pm

alice wrote:
alice wrote:
Abe F. March wrote:

I believe this.
I also believe Jesus died to save us. I am thankful for this.

I have been gathering letters written by Romans right after the death of Jesus. These were written by non-Christians, some to the Emperor, Trajan. These letters from outside the bible prove there was a Jesus, and many of the letters tell about the things he did.
Alice, Jesus died to save the wheat, not the tares. Those who believe Jesus is the son of God are the wheat...the Tares are not.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 10:30 pm

My feelings are similar to what DK wrote. 
Yes, I believe that Jesus existed.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
My feelings are similar to what DK wrote. 
Yes, I believe that Jesus existed.
Many people and religions believe Jesus existed, but they don't believe he is the son of God...do you?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:01 pm

It would be easy and simple to answer your question, yes or no.  I refuse to do that.  My beliefs are personal - between me and my maker.  Making a public display of piety or being forced to declare ones faith is not something I will do.  If I make a statement, it is voluntary - not coerced.
Why is it important for me to declare if I believe that Jesus is the son of God?  He is what he is whether I believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
It would be easy and simple to answer your question, yes or no.  I refuse to do that.  My beliefs are personal - between me and my maker.  Making a public display of piety or being forced to declare ones faith is not something I will do.  If I make a statement, it is voluntary - not coerced.
Why is it important for me to declare if I believe that Jesus is the son of God?  He is what he is whether I believe it or not.
When a Christian ask that question, it does not matter if they receive a reply...God knows the answer...he reads the heart.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:53 pm

You got your answer.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:44 am

I envy those who are absolutely certain they are correct.  It makes life less difficult in many ways. On the other hand, I love engaging in conversation and learning new ways of looking at things.  I believe I live in heaven on earth, every day so full of available joy and wonder.  Every sunrise and full moon - every flower, every bumblebee and every newborn - all of life is a daily gift that I appreciate.  Some people already live in a hell on earth, suffering from addictions and mental illnesses or hunger and poverty.  Neither heaven on earth nor hell on earth is punishment or reward, they just are.  They just are part of the universe of experiences we know as creatures here. Many of us are fortunate that we can make choices that make our lives more satisfying. We often hear of people in the most dire circumstances who are able to live with peace and joy in their very existence.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 12:07 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I envy those who are absolutely certain they are correct.  It makes life less difficult in many ways. On the other hand, I love engaging in conversation and learning new ways of looking at things.  I believe I live in heaven on earth, every day so full of available joy and wonder.  Every sunrise and full moon - every flower, every bumblebee and every newborn - all of life is a daily gift that I appreciate.  Some people already live in a hell on earth, suffering from addictions and mental illnesses or hunger and poverty.  Neither heaven on earth nor hell on earth is punishment or reward, they just are.  They just are part of the universe of experiences we know as creatures here. Many of us are fortunate that we can make choices that make our lives more satisfying. We often hear of people in the most dire circumstances who are able to live with peace and joy in their very existence.
This earth is a wilderness.  Every living thing on it is aging and dying. The earth at present is not as created. It is the worst place in all creation. God say after Jesus takes his followers off the earth, every living thing on it will be destroyed by fire, and God will remake the earth as it was in the beginning, and his people will be brought back to care for it.
Here is a fact in scriptures religions hide, "All people who after seeking Jesus return who do not reject him, will be raised back, some to life, and others to judgment." The judgement is not on of suffering, it is everlasting death, no thought, nothing...like they had never been born. All will be given a chance to change...the scriptures say many will not change, and attack those who want to serve God...that is when God will destroy them.
I understand many believe because they are made of Atoms they will never die...not true. The atoms that make up their body will become dirt. We were created to care for the earth and all living things under us. It is Gods plan, and it has not changed. The most beautiful place on this earth is but a wilderness.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 2:00 pm

I see beauty everywhere.  I hear beauty.  I touch beauty. We as a species have not cared properly for any of the beauty around us, but many people have and are waking up to the need.  While everything dies, matter remains constant and from the death comes new awakening, new life.  That's why I love the swamp so much as the regeneration of the circle of life and death is so evident there.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 2:39 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I see beauty everywhere.  I hear beauty.  I touch beauty. We as a species have not cared properly for any of the beauty around us, but many people have and are waking up to the need.  While everything dies, matter remains constant and from the death comes new awakening, new life.  That's why I love the swamp so much as the regeneration of the circle of life and death is so evident there.

They paid no attention in Noah's time...until the flood swept them away.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Our friend Betty is surrounded by beauty at her home and in the fields she tends and among the animals she adores.  Shelagh is surrounded by beauty in her garden and Abe in his. This is heaven on earth, this beauty we may enjoy. It is my proof of the great force my upbringing taught me to call, "God."  Miracles every day in every way that didn't just happen from a great big bang - but yet may have come from that bang with the design of the God of the infinite universe. Heaven on earth is the raindrops dripping from my plumeria, bright with golden flowers and broad green leaves glistening in the sunshine while I work and check in here.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 5:14 pm

What I wonder about is  why do people feel a need to have others agree with their religious views?
It is not possible to prove  that their views are right so why argue and feel ill will about opinions?
Just curious as usual.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Alice, your curiosity is shared.  People feeling the need to change the beliefs or actions of others are nothing new.  One can observe that in how some want to change the world to their views on life.  An example would be when Missionaries to Africa caused them to feel guilty (sinful) for not wearing clothes.  We also seek to push our brand of democracy on others failing to consider that it is not a flawless system and it requires time and adjustment for it to work.  Whether it is religion or a method of governing, actions say more than words.  I don't need someone to tell me that they are a Christian.  I can determine that by their actions/deeds/words.  I don't need someone to tell me that they are American.  I can determine that by their actions/words.  If someone is happy or sad, it shows.  I think that most people seek happiness.  What makes them happy is not the same set of circumstances.  We are unique as individuals.  Trying to make us act, talk and think the same destroys those special qualities that make us who we are.  We are not robots.  So long as we continue to think and ask questions, we continue to learn.  I don’t think that I am alone in rejecting a person who believes that they have all the answers.  They may have the answers they need to fulfill their own life, but fail to consider the uniqueness of the other person whose life experiences made them who or what they are.  Currently there are discussions about standards for potty issues.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 3:41 am

I think there are as many reasons to want to convince others as there are people.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:43 am

I agree with Alice, Abe and DK. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm

I believe there are several ways to provide information. 1) facts to which experts agree - though they all believed the world was flat at one time and I'm sure the cave men believed their little part of the world was all there was 2) facts supported by examples and expanded with personal experience regarding those facts 3) opinions given to provide information that do not include any encouragement to accept the opinion 4) opinions given to not only provide information but to persuade another person the information is so right that it should be adopted by the recipient.

Sometimes the desire to persuade is motivated by genuine good intentions. Sometimes it is totally self serving.  Even the self-serving believe they are attempting to persuade with good intentions.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 10:40 pm

I find it exciting that information is available at our fingertips.  The search engines give us information that normally would take much time and research to obtain.  I still have my outdated Britannica encyclopedias, but rarely consult them.  It is understood that the information available via search engines are not 100% reliable, however there are various websites for most every question.  Then there are reader comments that help with comprehension.  We are living in the information age.  IMV, opinions tell me what is comprehended from stated information.  How it is written/expressed can lead to different interpretations.   Even proven facts are not accepted by everyone.  We see that with environmental issues where reports by Scientists are questioned.  We also have propaganda promoted as truth.  Just this morning I read that Trump stated that he would cut Social Security, if elected.  For those of us who rely on SS for a living, it is something for concern.  I want to know more.  Was that propaganda promoted by the opposition or is it true?  We know that any Presidential candidate can make promises that even with the best of intentions may not be able to fulfill.  Many issues require the approval of congress to be implemented.  Scare tactics are used by politics and religion.  In religion fear has been used as a drawing card.  I've heard it said:  "It is better to be safe than sorry."  Does one follow a dogma out of fear or from belief/faith?  Is our choice of a political candidate based on fear of what the opposition may do?
Living in the age of information does not necessarily make life easier.  While there are positives, there are also negatives that tend to increase anxiety of what may happen.  Fear of the unknown is a common human condition.  Allowing fear to dominate our lives can be the element for our destruction.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 3:16 am

Since republicans wish to cut any program that is not needed by the wealthy SS has always been on their chopping block. Of course he will cut it.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 3:27 am

Imagine republicans with zero balance .... no, don't. You will not sleep.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:31 am

Abe F. March wrote:
I find it exciting that information is available at our fingertips.  The search engines give us information that normally would take much time and research to obtain.  I still have my outdated Britannica encyclopedias, but rarely consult them.  It is understood that the information available via search engines are not 100% reliable, however there are various websites for most every question.  Then there are reader comments that help with comprehension.  We are living in the information age.  IMV, opinions tell me what is comprehended from stated information.  How it is written/expressed can lead to different interpretations.   Even proven facts are not accepted by everyone.  We see that with environmental issues where reports by Scientists are questioned.  We also have propaganda promoted as truth.  Just this morning I read that Trump stated that he would cut Social Security, if elected.  For those of us who rely on SS for a living, it is something for concern.  I want to know more.  Was that propaganda promoted by the opposition or is it true?  We know that any Presidential candidate can make promises that even with the best of intentions may not be able to fulfill.  Many issues require the approval of congress to be implemented.  Scare tactics are used by politics and religion.  In religion fear has been used as a drawing card.  I've heard it said:  "It is better to be safe than sorry."  Does one follow a dogma out of fear or from belief/faith?  Is our choice of a political candidate based on fear of what the opposition may do?
Living in the age of information does not necessarily make life easier.  While there are positives, there are also negatives that tend to increase anxiety of what may happen.  Fear of the unknown is a common human condition.  Allowing fear to dominate our lives can be the element for our destruction.

In religion fear has been used as a drawing card.  I've heard it said:  "It is better to be safe than sorry."
Abe said,
  “In religion fear has been used as a drawing card.  I've heard it said:  "It is better to be safe than sorry."

Those who have not tested what religions say against the scriptures, fall victim. 
ALL RELIGIONS ARE FALSE AND THE SCRIPTURES PROVE THIS OUT.

Those who judge God by what religions say are believing a lie. I have posted scripture not to change anyone, but to give warning of things to come. All religions hide these truths because religions are false…it is a fool who judges God by what religions say. Have I tried to alter what people believe? Yes I have. Most peoples beliefs are based on what religions teach. A fool can see religions are talking out of both sides of their mouth at the same time…what they teach is a lie. Many scientist do not believe in God…an equal number do. Is that a ruler to judge if there is, or is not a God who has a written word? 
Here is a truth I will tell…like it or not. “Those who have not taken the time to prove Gods word will fall victim to the lie, and in that condition will lose out on everlasting life.” Standing before God with the excuse, “I didn’t know?” won’t fly. If any are to lazy to learn what the truth is…they will not be given life. There are only two reasons for not seeking the truth, Laziness, or they are Tares…in either case they will not be given life.
All the members who have posted on this thread are completely out of line with what God wants of you. I think most of you are to damn lazy…I also believe there are a few who are Tares…that is why I titled this thread TARES STAND UP…and you know who you are.
I’m out of here. If you want to learn the truth, put everything religions teach, and prove the scriptures out for yourself.

Abe, you’re a nice guy, but you are not as smart as you believe you are. You believe you have things all figured out…you don’t.  if you did you would have prove what you believe., and you have not even come close to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Tares please stand up.   Will the Tares please stand up. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the Tares please stand up.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next