Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New Biblical discovery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

New Biblical discovery Empty
PostSubject: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:59 am

Domenic, I think you will be especially interested in this discovery.  It reveals that Jesus wasn't crucified.  There goes the Good Friday holiday.
http://www.knowledgeoftoday.org/2014/05/1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-was-not-crucified-vatican-in-awe.html
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:59 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Domenic, I think you will be especially interested in this discovery.  It reveals that Jesus wasn't crucified.  There goes the Good Friday holiday.
http://www.knowledgeoftoday.org/2014/05/1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-was-not-crucified-vatican-in-awe.html

I read that Abe. The records of the Roman Army are older than that book. You see, the Romans kept records of everything they did, just like all army's do today. When they executed people, they had to write out a report of who the person was, and why. There are Roman records of the death of Jesus.
If one believes in God, they would also have to believe in Satan...do you think that just maybe Satan would have something like that written to mislead people?
Think of it this way: Today we know much of the stuff on the net is not true. If people 2,000 years from today found a computer intact, and could take all the stuff off the hard drive...look what they would find, I'm sure many would believe the BS on it. Jesus did not come here to prove who he was, he came for one reason...to die. What he did do when he was here was everything the scriptures said the Son of man would do. Also Abe, the Vatican is a false religion...that can be proven very easy...so why believe anythin a false religion says?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Domenic, I didn't say I believed it, just that it was interesting. 
My son who got his Phd. in ancient history and archeaology, doubts it also.  Here is his response to my email concerning this alledged discovery:

"I think it doubtful.

First of all, it says that
Judas was transformed into the likeness of Jesus, is crucified in his place...
Hhmmm...

Even the earliest of the four Gospels - written ca. 70 - 90 AD. tells that Jesus was crucified.

And has a lot of anachronisms.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

It seems suspicious to me that...

A book that predicts the coming of Muhammed BY NAME and generally reeflects Moslem versions of the story
1. is in the hand of Moslems and
2. is yet unexamined by non-Moslems.

The manuscript's authenticity AND especially the dating needs to be confirmed by outside sources. If the date of the manuscript can be confirmed as BEFORE Muhammed's lifetime, THEN it could be significant.

Dr. Duane March"
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Abe,
over the years I have known many Muslims. I have aked them all the same question..."What proof do you have that the Quran is from God?" Their reply is always the same.."Because it's old." There are two Qurans. One Muhammed wrote, which the Muslims does not exists, and the present day one they claim came down through the years, mouth to ear. They also claim Muhammed did not know how to read, or write. The first Quran has been dated to the time Muhammed lived. It says Jews, and Christians are good people. The present day one say, Subdue all non-Muslims, or kill them.
They also have a building (Meca..I don't know how to spell that) they claim Adam built. When asked how they can prove Adam built it they reply, "Because the same type birds come there every year at the same time." Well, Adam must have lived in my back yard because white crown birds come to my back yard every year, and nest in my trees. I have also been told by Muslims, "The book is from God because the words are so sweet sounding." The present day Quran was written some 200 years after Muhammed died. Have you ever seen any story go from mouth to ear that does not change after ten minutes let alone 200 years...plus they would have to know every word...and why did somebody who heard it from Muhammed write it down? There is nothing to prove the book is real. The first quraqn has been examined by non-Muslims, and also many non-religious experts...they date the book, but can't prove who wrote it.
Without proof, I don't understand how they can believe it is from God?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Agree, Domenic.  Word of mouth was also the method used for the Bible.  As you mentioned, when anything spreads from one person to another, the story is likely to change.  In Biblical days, only Scribes knew how to write and they wrote from their understanding/interpretation of what they were told.  Once written, translations was another step in the process of interpretation.  It doesn't mean everything is false, however it does caution one not to take literally what is recorded. Dogmas were created based on different interpretations of scripture.  Wars were fought over religious beliefs and conflict continues to this day.
One's belief about their take on the meaning of scriptures is a personal thing.  Trying to convince another person that one's take on the meaning of scriptures is the right one is just another example of promoting theory without proof.  It makes for interesting discussions, but still lacks proof.  I suppose that is where "faith" comes into the picture.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 am

I agree, Abe, most people believe just on faith, and, or personal interpretation. Here is my interpretation:

"Don't believe anything you can't prove." To me, faith has to be backed with HARD PROOF. If proof is not there, it is only a theory. Religions claim the bible was taken from scrolls. I have matched the two. Those who put the bible together made many changes from the scrolls and left out much more. For this reason, I do not trust the bible. For years there was the question, "Can the scrolls be trusted?"
These were written many years after the events, and like we both know, a story will change when it goes from mouth to ear...so in fact, the scrolls had to come into doubt.
Here are a few facts...and this is not to change how anybody believes, just facts:
1) The bible does not match the scrolls.
2) religions do not teach what the bible says.
3) the scrolls had been in doubt for many years.

the conclusion of these three points puts everything about God in doubt. That does not say there is not a God, just we would know nothing about him?

Here was the proof: The Dead Sea Scrolls. These were many hundreds of years older than the scrolls the bible was taken from. The Dead Sea Scrolls matched those used to build the bible perfect, which means nothing was changed because of mouth to ear...that's a big point in my thinking. But still there needs to be proof the writing is from God?
The scrolls are full of prophesies that came true. Main point here, "Can prophesies be proven to match certain events?" That to me was a hard on that took many years. Not only did they have to match perfect, the event in history also had to be proven...and as we both know, not all history is true.
I guess that is where the road comes to a fork. A person can either go left, or right?
I look into the night sky. I see the order of things of the earth...I can see a great designer has been at work...I may not know much about him from things written, but I know he is there.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:07 am

Dom,
We think much alike when you say: "I look into the night sky. I see the order of things of the earth...I can see a great designer has been at work...I may not know much about him from things written, but I know he is there."

I have no doubt that there is a higher power.  I don't believe that entity is in human form.  Whether it be a spirit or a ball of energy, I believe it is an integral part of the universe and that we are all connected.  One does not need to believe in religion to be spiritual and quibbling over procedures/formalities to contact this power is a guessing game.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 am

I see it this way Abe,
We can see he put everything in some sort of order. Everything he created has an order to it. As you say, we (all things) are connected. Since he created all other things with some sort of order...would he create us with some sort of order? The scrolls tell us what we should, and should not do. Humans are the only thing created with free will. We are different. maybe that is why he said he created us in his image...like him. Even the angels do not have free will. I'm sure he created us with guidelines. I know the things we are told in the scriptures to do, and not do make for a better life.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 am

It would take a big stretch of the imagination to think that the world we live in happened by accident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Biblical discovery   New Biblical discovery Empty

Back to top Go down

New Biblical discovery
Page 1 of 1