Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaylintristano

kaylintristano

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-06-02

Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor Empty
PostSubject: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on my first novel (I guess you could call it literary fiction? It kind of defies genres...), "Thanks for Pepper Spraying Me: A Love Story". It's a dark unrequited love story with quite a bit of sarcastic humor thrown in to lighten the mood, and the writing part is over but I'm struggling with the edits - every time I sit down to work on it, it gets shorter Sad I guess that's good because it means all the junk is being removed, but it still hurts to see the word count go down, haha.

Other than the novel, I have published several short stories as well as a few professional articles, I'm a technical writer by day, and a newbie freelance editor by night.

I look forward to meeting a lot of fellow writers here!

Kaylin
Back to top Go down
http://myghostwriter.rocks
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome!  You have a lot to add to the the forum.  A word of caution - I'm an editor and editing my own work has caused me a problem with my latest novel.  You may want to work an exchange with another editor you trust - and, yes, those words on the floor are painful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
kaylintristano

kaylintristano

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:59 am

dkchristi wrote:
A word of caution - I'm an editor and editing my own work has caused me a problem with my latest novel.  You may want to work an exchange with another editor you trust.
Yes, I am beginning to see the error of my ways! My first instinct was "oh wow, this first draft is so rough I couldn't possibly show it to anyone!" so I started editing and I am making slow progress, but as soon as draft 2 is done I'm calling in outside help Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myghostwriter.rocks
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kaylin!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Welcome, Kaylin.  Advice you get here can be accepted as genuine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor   Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor Empty

Back to top Go down

Genre-less fiction writer and freelance editor
Page 1 of 1