Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Getting your books read

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Getting your books read Empty
PostSubject: Getting your books read   Getting your books read EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:47 am

There is a bookstore in Charlottesville that I found most interesting.  It is called “The Book Room”.  (https://www.facebook.com/thebookroomva)

My daughter Natalie took me to this store saying that she had store credit.  People donate books to the store and receive a “credit” for future purchases.  I found some good books to read by top named authors like Dan Brown.  Some books appeared to be new while others were obviously used.  The stacks in the store were sagging from all the books.   I could have spent much time just searching.  The purchases I made were half the book’s list price.  Where the book was rather worn, it was priced lower. 

I think it is a great concept.  If I had some of my own books with me I would have donated them and received a credit toward my purchases.   Obviously the store must make a profit.  How they do this I don’t know.  I assume they take a profit between the credit issued to the donator and what they will charge for the book.
Back to top Go down

Getting your books read
Page 1 of 1