Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."

Go down 
+3
alice
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." Empty
PostSubject: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Scientist 1 “What? The bang went poof?”

Scientist 2 “We need a new theory.”

Scientist 1 “Make one up.”

Scientist 2 “How?”

Scientist 1 “The same way we did last time. Make up words nobody knows, and confuse people.”

Scientist 2 “Yeah, that always works.”

Scientist 1 “If we don’t understand what we are talking about, the public sure as heck won’t.

Scientist 2 “ Can we name this one after my ex-wife. GASTROLLA.?”

This is John Wrong, KWPPY in Lostville Texas with a news flash. Scientist have discovered our universe is in a giant gas bubble in the belly of a space monster. But don’t worry folks, the scientist  say they don’t believe  the creature will pass gas any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:35 am

Funny and with truth on how people can be confused or misled. 
As for the "Big Bang", it is a theory.  I doubt that there will ever be proof - at least in our lifetime.  The same can be said for much that is written in the Bible.  Interpretation and belief leads to confusion.  Much cannot be proven and therefore faith/belief becomes the catalyst.
Whether the world resulted from a Big Bang or the hand of God will continue to be debated.  Who is to say that God didn't cause the Big Bang?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:38 pm

I agree, Abe.  None  of us  were there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Alice,
If you and Abe were not there, how do you know I was not? alj has been saying for years that atoms never die, and everything is made of atoms...so maybe I was there. After all, I am Italian, and God used the Italian  model to make the first man. The only difference, Adam was short...5'2''
I used to be 5'11'...but now I'm old, so I'm only 5'10. That one inch moved to my waist line.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Domenic, I admire and respect your faith and belief.  As for atoms, that is also something one cannot deny.  If the body is made up of energy, and energy never dies, it leads me to believe in Eternal Life.  Where does that energy go when it leaves the body? Are we transformed?  If so, into what?  Is reincarnation just a theory or does it have credibility?  I believe that speculation on the unknowns about creation and the afterlife will be revealed only when we die.  If we return in some form other than human, how could that be communicated?  Whether we return in the form of a living being or a plant such as a tree, who knows? Living things abound. I believe that we are one with the universe.  My opinions and beliefs are right for me and I don't expect or want to change the opinion or belief of anyone else.  My spirituality is not based on any religious dogma.  What is God?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:34 am

God is my Father, Creator, Redeemer and Protector.  I don't need to force my opinions and beliefs on anyone else.
I believe He created the earth and me.  How He did it is His business.

Last edited by alice on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 am

The scientist who disovered the big bang theory did not do it alone. They used the mathematical equations developed over thousands of years. You could say the same about religion. No man is an island.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

The question that none is brave enough to ask.. Who put God there?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:06 am

No one put Him here.  He has always been. 
Glad to see you, David.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:48 pm

My immediate family and I were created and bypassed evolution as we are all RH negative, meaning 
we have no ties to the Rhesus monkey.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 am

There is no contradiction between science and spirituality. Try reading Depak Chopra's The Future of God. There was a repeat of Chopra's PBS special on the book and it's prenise. Caused ne to pull up my Kindle copy of the book to reread. Give it a look. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 am

Interesting. My minister's topic yesterday was evolution.  Let's see if I can paraphrase him.  Since we all came from the original, we are all part of the original and it is part of us and we are all one at the core of our existence.  Therefore, an individual person's energy structure (the atom thing) contains a complete history of the universe and if we believe in God, God is not "out there" but in every fiber of creation, the energy/spirit that is eternal, and throughout the particles that comprise all aspects of the infinite universe.

Since we all came from the original and have evolved to the point where we do not need to kill to survive we have the opportunity to use what is within us to contribute to an ever-evolving universe in positive instead of negative ways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 am

dkchristi wrote:
Interesting. My minister's topic yesterday was evolution.  Let's see if I can paraphrase him.  Since we all came from the original, we are all part of the original and it is part of us and we are all one at the core of our existence.  Therefore, an individual person's energy structure (the atom thing) contains a complete history of the universe and if we believe in God, God is not "out there" but in every fiber of creation, the energy/spirit that is eternal, and throughout the particles that comprise all aspects of the infinite universe.

Since we all came from the original and have evolved to the point where we do not need to kill to survive we have the opportunity to use what is within us to contribute to an ever-evolving universe in positive instead of negative ways.

science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." 950944
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:33 am

alj wrote:
dkchristi wrote:

Your minister is why I stay away from religions. These guys wave the Bible around like they speak for God, but make up their own truth. Nothing they say is from the Bible. There is a scripture that talks about these guys, it says, “They tickle the ears.” In other words they tell people what they want to hear. To them it is a business $$$$$$.

Abe said, (this is not an effort to change how you believe Abe) atoms never dies. That is true. All things are made out of the atom, and atoms change from thing to thing, but are never destroyed. When we die, our thoughts do parish. Our memories are gone. Our bodies turn to dust. The atoms are still alive, but what made us is no more.  Things we own are made of the same atoms. But these things rust, rote, and in time return to the earth…the atoms are still there, but the things they were are not.

I understand religions have turned people against the concept of God. There are many types of religions, all claim they have the truth, and all the others are false…some even claiming all religions lead to God. What I have found interesting, “Most people who do believe in God, have never gone through the Bible to see if it says what these religious leaders are saying is true?” It takes other scriptures to back up, and explain the ones they wave about.

Here is an example: They read the scripture where Jesus says, “The Father, and I are one.” The put this forth as proof Jesus, and God are the same person. Many other scriptures prove they are not. Contradiction?  No. 

Here are a few scriptures that prove they are not the same.

Jesus; The first born of all creation.

Jesus: The father is greater than I.

Jesus: Let these (3,000 baptized) be one with me, as I am with you.

Jesus: when he prayed to his father all night…who was he praying to?

Jesus: When he was near death. “Father why have YOU forsaken me?

Jesus: The father is greater than I.

Jesus: Do not pray to me, but to the father through me.

It would be easy to fill a book of things to prove God, and Jesus are not the same person.

Just using the Bible is easy to prove we don’t go to Heaven, or a Hell of Fire.

Can the Bible be proven to be the word of God? Yes, but it takes more than the Bible to do so. It takes the Bible, Science, Archeology, History, and the scrolls the Bible was taken from. It’s not a chore for the lazy.

Religious leaders are telling people what they want to hear. Why? Because if they told the truth, they would not make any money…the truth is great. It is better than anything made up,
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 pm

A good thread.  Bang away.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
A good thread.  Bang away.

Abe,
I've been thinking about you. How is you wife doing? I hope she is getting better.
Age is a bitch. In the 60's they had a saying;  "Live fast and hard, and die beautiful." If I had known old age had so many problems, I would have done that...lol.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Dom,
I was watching an episode of “Get Smart” where he was in a South American country.  He and Agent 99 were trying to escape and wanted to take some people with them, however the raft they had was too small.  An older man said, “I’m an old man and will stay behind.”  Max asked: How old are you?”  He replied: “I’m 75.”  Max turns to “99” and says:  “He doesn’t have much time left.”

In the 60’s, and being young, that sounded funny.  Having advanced to that age category, it wasn’t quite so funny. 

Yesterday I was helping my friend, Hermann Frech in his garden.  We took a break and he told me about his upcoming trip to a place he and his wife went on vacation.  Hermann will be 87 in May and is still active.  His wife passed away five years ago.  He said that he often feels her presence.  When he takes those trips, it’s as though she is still with him.  That led to talk about death, energy and the atoms.  He believes that those who passed are still with us, especially where there was a strong bond.  We know that we will die and there is no escape.  Last week a dear friend of Herman’s passed away.  He delivered the eulogy saying:  “She passed through one door and another door opened.”

Concerning my wife.  She has her good and bad days.  We had our annual check-up at the heart clinic on Friday.  The doctor told her that the medication she is taking is a good mix and she should continue with it.  As for me, I also checked out okay.  The ultra-sound showed the “pig valve” flicking open and shut.   I opted for the biological valve and was told at that time that it would last for about 15 years.  I had the aorta valve replacement in 2010 and wondered if 15 years was a good estimate.  The doctor said it was just an estimate and could last longer and that I should not dwell on any time limit.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:35 am

Abe,

It’s funny you said you watched the TV show, “Get Smart.” Old shows like that have not been broadcast here in the States for years. I watch English Shows like, “As Time goes By.” I know they don’t show them in the UK anymore.

I too remember when 75 seemed old. I’m 79, and like you know 100 is short. This past year I lost an Uncle. He was 84. He and his wife had been married for 60 years. Within a month his wife also died. It’s hard to break the bond. Two years ago my heart problem showed itself. Seems I have had a heart problem for twenty years and didn’t know it. My doctor wanted to give me a pace maker…I told him no, if I can’t do the things I love doing, I don’t just want to sit on a park bench and feed the birds. He put me on meds, and said I could last maybe four years. That has given me the time to get things done I needed to do. I have no fear of death because I believe I know what comes next.

Have you seen the movie, “Bucket List?” Get your list down on paper.  Get the things done you don’t want to leave behind with lose ends…tell a friend you love them. Take your wife out to a park, and have a picnic.  We have seen a lot, and the future has yet to start.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Good thoughts Dom and thanks for your concern.
I haven't seen the movie, Bucket List, however I do have things in order for that inevitable event.

Seventy was the age that was promised in the Bible.  Insurance companies determined premiums based on that age.  It was said that a person retires at 65 and within five years they are dead.  Reasons given varied, however it was felt that once a person left the workforce they sat on a rocker, were no longer active and thus succumbed to death.  Back then we didn't have the medicine or healthcare facilities we have today.  People are living longer and that has caused healthcare costs to rise.  Whether it be 70, 80, or 90+, it is going to happen.  Enjoying life to the fullest is what I try to do.  At our age, depriving ourselves of the things we enjoy doesn't make sense.  Whether it be smoking or food that is said to shorten our life, deprivation to add another year to our life is not my idea of enjoying life.  It is not our place to judge how someone else lives their lives. 

My daughter has a quote on her Skype page:  "Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever" - Ghandi.  I think that is a good way to live.  I try to learn something new every day.  Retaining what I learn becomes more difficult, however that too is a learning process in how to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 7:36 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Good thoughts Dom and thanks for your concern.
I haven't seen the movie, Bucket List, however I do have things in order for that inevitable event.

Seventy was the age that was promised in the Bible.  Insurance companies determined premiums based on that age.  It was said that a person retires at 65 and within five years they are dead.  Reasons given varied, however it was felt that once a person left the workforce they sat on a rocker, were no longer active and thus succumbed to death.  Back then we didn't have the medicine or healthcare facilities we have today.  People are living longer and that has caused healthcare costs to rise.  Whether it be 70, 80, or 90+, it is going to happen.  Enjoying life to the fullest is what I try to do.  At our age, depriving ourselves of the things we enjoy doesn't make sense.  Whether it be smoking or food that is said to shorten our life, deprivation to add another year to our life is not my idea of enjoying life.  It is not our place to judge how someone else lives their lives. 

My daughter has a quote on her Skype page:  "Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever" - Ghandi.  I think that is a good way to live.  I try to learn something new every day.  Retaining what I learn becomes more difficult, however that too is a learning process in how to deal with it.
 Ghandi, Even in death, he has my respect. Your daughter seems to be a good thinker.
Yes 70-80, and even 100 is a short life. But in this system a longer one I think would not be good. Who wants to be a body that has to just sit and not be able to do anything. I know we don't believe the same on what comes next, but this we can be sure of...we will all know soon. I think it's safe to say, "We are all glad the way our life has gone, because it has made us who we are...
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 am

I work more hours than when I was younger.  However, I do have more say in the work that I do.  Unfortunately, the income is negligible in comparison.  Once I hit the magic age, no one would even interview me for the work I did in the past and no one will pay for writing unless you hit it big - the competition is just stiff - anyone can write with a few lessons and an editor.

I actually had my "retirement" when I was 40 and lived three years on a sailboat from Ft. Lauderdale to Venezuela and back to St. Thomas.  Those were splendid, dangerous, difficult times but they were also magnificent for the experience with the sea and the islands and the people we met along the way and the challenges overcome we would never dream about on land.  It was at the height of my career building and when I returned, though I moved upward again I was "suspect" for the three years "off" and started low and had to build.  I was not able to go quite high enough to have a second, "splendid" retirement but working at what I love has its benefits too.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:55 am

Having things in order becomes evev more important when you're coping with life'scrises.  These days I really focus on living in the Now.  I believe in God, and I believe that God is in charge. I do not believe that this God is judgemental or demands a narrowly defined lifestyle. As Dr. Katherine Jefferts-Schori said shortly after her appointment to the head of the Episcopal church US, "To believe that following Christ is the only way to the Divine is to put God in a very small box."
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

alj wrote:
Having things in order becomes evev more important when you're coping with life'scrises.  These days I really focus on living in the Now.  I believe in God, and I believe that God is in charge. I do not believe that this God is judgemental or demands a narrowly defined lifestyle. As Dr. Katherine Jefferts-Schori said shortly after her appointment to the head of the Episcopal church US, "To believe that following Christ is the only way to the Divine is to put God in a very small box."
 I don't know who Dr Katerine Jefferts is, or where she gets her knowledge of what God wants, and don't want...but the Bible is very clear..."God only hears us via Jesus, and it is Jesus God has given the keys of life to." God is not narrow minded, but he has rules all his creations must follow. If Dr reads her Bible, she knows better than to teach what is against Gods written word.
As writers we learn, "If an agent charges money to read your book, run like hell." Those who believe in God learn, "Religious leaders who teach against the Bible, Run like hell."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 pm

My minister reads from the Bible each Sunday and often reads texts that are conflicting.  He explains that the Bible is a collection of selected writings in the Aramaic language then translated to the King James Version for English readers and to other languages for other readers. The translators added their contextual understanding to their translations.  Note that Jesus did not write down his instructions to followers.  Others wrote down what they believed he said.  I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm

dkchristi wrote:
 My minister reads from the Bible each Sunday and often reads texts that are conflicting.  He explains that the Bible is a collection of selected writings in the Aramaic language then translated to the King James Version for English readers and to other languages for other readers. The translators added their contextual understanding to their translations.  Note that Jesus did not write down his instructions to followers.  Others wrote down what they believed he said.  I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."   science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong." Empty

Back to top Go down

science says, "Big bang theory, is wrong."
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next