Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Disappointments

Go down 
+3
Shelagh
joefrank
dkchristi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:51 pm

You'd think by retirement disappointments would be legion and not cause emotional responses anymore.

Not true.  I just had a disappointment, a writing assignment for which I truly believed I would be selected.  I felt it was my time for something special.  Not this time.

Reality is, special to whom?  Every day is special. Why did I put so much stock in this one item?

But the tears still trickle down my cheeks and a lump in my chest feels the disappointment.

How about you?  Are disappointments easier as age catches up or does it still take self-talk and distraction and moving on to get past some that just seem to hit negatively at the wrong time?

I'm not talking about trauma and tragedy, but rather the multitude of small disappointments and medium ones that a friend would say, "Don't let it bother you. It's not that important."  Yet, it felt important today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:00 pm

5/9/2014

DK..

If I were there I would hug you, tell you dry those
                           beautiful eyes and say yes you tried but sometimes it
                           happens this way, next time it would be better. Now
                           let's go for a walk on the beach and have some coffee
                           at a cafe, and after all the stories and jokes I would
                           tell you I could see the light came back into your eyes,
                           you smiled, life will get better, that's the DK we know
                           and love.....

Cheers... Joe  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:29 pm

I don't get upset about anything since my brother died at the age of forty-three. He missed out on so much it would be criminal for me to feel disappointed about things that don't turn out the way I would have wanted. His children are now twenty-one and eighteen. He missed out on twelve years of watching them grow from young children to adults.

I tend to become very emotional and cry at the small successes I have achieved, but the failures provoke no response. I look back at the number of times I've failed and breathe a sigh of relief; had they been successes instead of failures, I would have heaped work on myself that I avoided by failing.

I don't try to impress others (which is stating the obvious!) and it doesn't bother me at all what anyone thinks or says about me. I know my heart is in the right place, and I don't need to convince others for confirmation. Peace of mind isn't something you can work at to achieve, and some people never get there, but I hope that, one day, you will find inner peace and contentment.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:39 pm

5/9/2014

DK..

I agree with Shelagh and what she says. I've published six
                       books, created paintings ( Majority of these I've donated to charities
                       for children and pets,) I've done photography for 35 years, that gave 
                       me great pleasure, I joined an art site to sell my art and photography.
                       I've not sold much books, art or photography, you know what it doesn't
                       bother me, because I did my best I knew how, I'm proud and blush when
                       someone makes a nice remark about my photography or if someone gave
                       me a nice review on a book, negative ones I don't read. I'm happy, I have
                       done the things I love, so I'm not famous, I don't care, I've created many
                       paintings, books, photos that no one else in my family has the talent for, I'm
                       sure there is someone in my family's background who had talent. Chin up
                       be proud of what you've accomplished, I've had things come my way, they
                       fell through, so life goes on, the sun will always shine. As the Fred Astair 
                       song says: " Pick Yourself Up, start all over again."

Cheers.. Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:47 pm

What Shelagh and Joe said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm

YOU ONLY FAIL, IF YOU DON"T TRY!

My Dad always said, "No problem is worth worrying about. There are only two kinds of problems.  
The ones you can do something about and the ones you can't.  If it's a problem you can do something about, do it and stop worrying about it.  If it's a problem you can't do anything about, then it's out of your hands, move on and quit worrying about it."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Thank you for your wisdom and kindness.each day is too precious to be sad. I did walk at the park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:31 pm

It seems to me that the best way to get over disappointments is to admit to your feelings and feel them. Once you've given them their due moment, letting go and moving on is easier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:17 pm

DK,
Don's advice is my advice.  It does not stop the hurt.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointments   Disappointments Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappointments
Page 1 of 1