Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Life's Disappointments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Life's Disappointments Empty
PostSubject: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 am

A Stodghill Says So blog:
Certain things that happen along the bumpy road of life are really disappointing. Like not finding a cherry in your serving of fruit cocktail. Or flopping down at your seventh grade desk in the morning only to find that the pretty girl in the next row is skipping school that day. Digging a near-perfect foxhole at the close of a dreary day, covering it with logs and dirt, leaning back contentedly while examining your handiwork and then hearing the cry, "On your feet, we're moving out in five minutes!"
This day has been free of disappointments, at least so far, and that's the best time to think about other days when that was not true. When everything is going wrong and the world lies heavy on your shoulders there's not much joy in remembering days when the bird of paradise dropped a load on your head. No, bad days are best recalled on good days.
Some people say disappointment and hardship build character. I say the hell with that idea, I'm enough of a character as it is. When you've been beaten into the dirt you don't want some guy hitting you over the head with a shovel and saying, "This is making a better man of you."
On the other hand, having it too easy isn't good for a person, especially a young person. If you always have a cherry in your fruit cocktail you don't fully appreciate the joy of finding one there. This is true, especially for other people. Myself, I've had more than my fair share of bad days and disappointments so you can yell, "On your feet, we're moving out in five minutes!" till your lungs burst because I ain't moving anywhere. Not even if the pretty girl in the next row never shows up again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 am

In the absence of a pretty girl, you'll have to make do with me ... but since you live with a pretty girl, I can't say I feel sorry for you.

Now push off.

Life's Disappointments 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Life's Disappointments 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Life's Disappointments 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 am

Humor and good sense. Now that's a good post.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Shelagh wrote:
In the absence of a pretty girl, you'll have to make do with me ... but since you live with a pretty girl, I can't say I feel sorry for you.

Now push off.
I beg your pardon! Did you tell me to push off? Surely not, must be something wrong with my computer.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:17 pm

All fingers and thumbs today, Dick; typing too fast, I missed a few letters:
No words put ol' stodghill off.

Life's Disappointments 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Life's Disappointments 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Life's Disappointments 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Life's Disappointments 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Dear Dick,
Remember when that fruit cocktail was all the rage for enhancing the cherry jello?
It was years before I knew you could buy a whole little jar candied cherries to put in jello. By that time I had gone off jello completely. Remember when you could get the lettuce flavored jello and put celery and onions and cucumbers in it? Wow! That was some unusual stuff. I have not seen that for years!

I found some brined potatoes in a jar at the scratch and dent. I imagine they are potatoes perserved in salt water. What to do with them is the next question.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:21 am

That's more like it, Shelagh. I think.
Betty, I sometimes am still fed Jello with stuff in it. Jackie thinks its good for you so I suffer in silence. Well, maybe not complete silence.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Just when the post was getting interesting Shelagh backs down with a lame excuse about typing too quick.
Now I'm Disappointed. Life's Disappointments Icon_sad

But then again "now push off" could be a poor spelling of Noo pooshkof which is an abrieviated ancient Telusian saying meaning no disappoint man with white hair and awsome pipe. Life's Disappointments Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Now that's what I call a good definition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life's Disappointments   Life's Disappointments Empty

Back to top Go down

Life's Disappointments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Stodghill Says So-
Jump to: